N.Peal 007 Cashmere Collection

I have enjoyed the sneak peeks you lucky Bond “influencers” have given us of N.Peal’s new line of Bond inspired knitwear. Looks cool! Looks expensive! I expect these pieces will make the Orlebar Brown stuff seem cheap by comparison. I know you guys are all embargoed. But how about a few hints?

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    This is the first i'm hearing about this—would be very keen to know more!
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    We had a blast at N Peal yesterday seeing the collection. Do check out David's live stream as he goes over each item. I think if you live in a cooler climate and the OB collection didn't speak to you because of it, this will be for you.

As far as pricing, I would say its right on par with the rest of their clothing.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    We had a blast at N Peal yesterday seeing the collection. Do check out David's live stream as he goes over each item. I think if you live in a cooler climate and the OB collection didn't speak to you because of it, this will be for you.

As far as pricing, I would say its right on par with the rest of their clothing.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    edited October 2019
    Lots of Moore callbacks and at least two whole Lazenby outfits tributed. Just start poking around some #npeal hashtags on Instagram...

From the peeks on Instagram, looks as if N. Peal is picking up the ball set in play by OB, but for the colder weather looks. You can sign up for updates on N. Peal (they've even got a countdown clock a la OB) - https://www.npeal.com/us/007-sign-up?_$ja=tsid:63865|kw:10|cgn:DruclYqPxnE&utm_source=Linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Affiliate&siteID=DruclYqPxnE-uMdSEp.cYUNancjvW4.QAQ

And Matt has a nice preview up on his site of one ensemble that's taken some creative licence with an iconic Bond look: https://www.bondsuits.com/the-n-peal-cashmere-goldfinger-jacket-waistcoat-and-tie/
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Oh wow, I don't know how I missed this! Just caught up on DZ's youtube live stream and all the pieces look great! Really feel like I should've been drinking some champagne while watching that stream though -{
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    I’m thinking that OHMSS combo of brown zip-up and orange mock neck will be the surprise hit just as the DAF terry shirt was the big surprise of the OB line.

People who haven’t found anything yet in NTTD to spend their $$$ on needn’t have worried. If you’re into Bond, there will always be something lavish to spend your money on.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Sorry gents....here is the livestream as well as the first review...more to come this week:

Complete Line Launch Party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt-NUOc6dcA&t=1700s

Goldfinger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csn11AOZ7yM
    And here are some pics as a sneak peek for AJB:

09649-AB4-868-B-4-AA0-8-CDE-EAF46-B0-CEDF1.jpg

18-BF4-C7-B-5-A51-46-F7-A003-028-CF54-B2-C71.jpg

1-B793-D81-8-D2-C-495-C-895-D-B1-C178-DB82-A0.jpg

7-F3508-CB-F17-D-4-DCD-9-CF8-0-C1-FFCF0-CB6-D.jpg

83-F22-CB7-313-E-45-F1-9301-FF4-A6872-B5-A8.jpg

845-C3479-3-BBE-47-AE-92-CD-9-D7591-D7-C457.jpg

C5-DF0433-5-C2-A-4-A3-F-91-BA-2-ABE57-F0-CA78.jpg

E243-BB57-7-AF6-4445-9-F47-84-DE2848-D0-D4.jpg

E3-B17451-8-B41-4488-BC66-45-AD1-BA200-B5.jpg

E3-DA5-B87-166-D-4-CFE-ADD0-53-FA01-B21-EA2.jpg
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    Some really cool pieces there. Will be plumping for the OHMSS orange turtleneck and brown cardigan I think.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    edited October 2019
    That Goldfinger piece - EDIT - PIECES! - are real nice.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    The FYEO and DAD pieces are the winners for me.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    These pieces are all fantastic! The OHMSS stuff is especially fun, and the attention to detail with the ring zip pulls on the brown OHMSS cardigan make that piece especially nice. The FYEO gilet is a cool, unique piece too. The jacket and waistcoat combo from Goldfinger that I'm wearing in the photos The Bond Experience posted feel really good. The waistcoat has a great cut that surprised me by not being too long.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Whats the sweater in the 2nd pic? FYEO?

Presume this wont be so ltd like OB?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:

That's TLD, what Bond wears under the leather jacket. The FYEO jumper is lighter and more marled with a slightly higher collar.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

That's TLD, what Bond wears under the leather jacket. The FYEO jumper is lighter and more marled with a slightly higher collar.

Thanks Matt!

Will watch DZs blog on the way home -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Have to say I am really excited for this collection, and from what's been shown it is going to be well sought after.

The only disappointment for me was that the OHMSS light brown cardigan he wears at Piz Gloria is not featured, that is something I have been coveting for some time. I can only hope a future release will include this, and hopefully the high collar button cardigan DC wears in the CR pre-title sequence.

Saying that kudos to NPeal for producing such a wonderful collection
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
    006 wrote:
    Have to say I am really excited for this collection, and from what's been shown it is going to be well sought after.

The only disappointment for me was that the OHMSS light brown cardigan he wears at Piz Gloria is not featured, that is something I have been coveting for some time. I can only hope a future release will include this, and hopefully the high collar button cardigan DC wears in the CR pre-title sequence.

I was expecting that one too. I think they didn't include it because the gingham shirt plays a prominent role in that outfit when paired with the cardigan. They chose to replicate outfits that can be dominated on top by knitwear. The two OHMSS outfits they chose to replicate have only knitwear on the top half of the body. The same goes for all the other outfits they replicated, except the GF suit outfit that has a prominent shirt. But the shirt is only one of four pieces worn on the top half of the body.
  • HG1940HG1940 Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    I would have liked the cardigan too, I highly appreciate Npeal for dedicating their homage to OHMSS. Unlike with Orelbar Brown I will definitely invest in some pieces. Npeal is a considerable step in price but not made over eas, which is not bad in itself but it means they saved money and it does not reflect in lower prices
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I am looking forward to this collection so long as N.Peal do not pull an Orlebar Brown and significantly price hike every item. They haven't done that with their other Bond items, they simply do not put them on sale which is the sort of built in premium already.

I like a lot of items but realistically the Goldfinger polo/v neck set is something I could wear often, both together and as separate pieces. I couldn't justify the near $500 price tag that Orlebar Brown was charging. The faux mother of pearl buttons was the definition of taking the piss. At that price tag it should be made of the highest quality materials, with 0 shortcuts taken. I'm sure that this set will cost more but these pieces are without a doubt higher quality.

Honestly, I'd probably seriously consider other pieces if I was in a colder climate. That orange turtleneck is surprisingly tempting but the cost per wear for me would be insane.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    Is that the Die Another Day sweater?!
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    Hello everyone....here are a few videos of the collection that might provide greater detail and discussion of the pieces:

FYEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMCjLDwZbPg&t=2s
    OHMSS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKSbbQ-xkuQ&t=32s
    GF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csn11AOZ7yM&t=218s
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Bond Lifestyle are saying the Goldfinger Polo will be £199 and the V-Neck Jumper £295.
    TBC obviously.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    If there's something that interests me, it would precisely be the DAD Ballantyne turtleneck and the CR unidentified cardigan. My reaction may change, of course, but so far nothing of what I have seen has piqued my interest. Then again, I've been equally uninterested in the OB issued material. I'd just like for them to keep making the Setter in Skye colour, minus the 007 logo (and yes, I do know they still make it in a similar one).

Don't get me wrong, it's nice of them to do this, but I tend to dislike "franchiise-branded" items, even in a subtle manner.

That being said, I'll keep looking and will be happy to change my mind if something does interest me. Hopefully one of the two items I named MAY be made?
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    It was something that came up in my chat with Adam Holdsworth in my livestream on Instagram for TBE. The OHMSS cardigan was on their shortlist, but Adam felt that it was borderline- it could have come off as a bit old man. I was hoping for it too, though.
    006 wrote:

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    I too would have loved to have seen the OHMSS Cardigan. Hopefully, in the next run.. ?:)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    If there's something that interests me, it would precisely be the DAD Ballantyne turtleneck and the CR unidentified cardigan. My reaction may change, of course, but so far nothing of what I have seen has piqued my interest. Then again, I've been equally uninterested in the OB issued material. I'd just like for them to keep making the Setter in Skye colour, minus the 007 logo (and yes, I do know they still make it in a similar one).

Don't get me wrong, it's nice of them to do this, but I tend to dislike "franchiise-branded" items, even in a subtle manner.

That being said, I'll keep looking and will be happy to change my mind if something does interest me. Hopefully one of the two items I named MAY be made?

They are indeed making the DAD turtleneck!
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    As David already posted, here I am in the DAD roll-neck

DAD.jpg

Here is the Willy Bogner-inspired light blue zip through bomber and ivory roll neck

Bogner.jpg

Here is the TLD 5 Button long sleeve polo

Dalton.jpg

And here I am with N Peal Managing Director and owner, Adam Holdsworth, wearing the OHMSS Golf Suit inspired zip through bomber and orange mock turtle neck

Adam-I.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    which ones was your fav Blair :007)
    what shall I go for buddy ?

As David already posted, here I am in the DAD roll-neck

DAD.jpg

Here is the Willy Bogner-inspired light blue zip through bomber and ivory roll neck

Bogner.jpg

Here is the TLD 5 Button long sleeve polo

Dalton.jpg

And here I am with N Peal Managing Director and owner, Adam Holdsworth, wearing the OHMSS Golf Suit inspired zip through bomber and orange mock turtle neck

Adam-I.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Sorry if I missed it, but when does this collection become available for sale?

End of next week. I'd sign up for the email alert to get first dibs:

https://www.npeal.com/us/007-sign-up/
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Waiting for the grenadine tie......