A little help from my friends

HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
Hi Guys

I'm looking to buy a gift for my family for Christmas (some sleigh bells) the problem is they are in the US and won't ship to me in Australia.

Just connecting to this fantastic community to see if anyone in the US could help forward them on to me if I got them delivered to you? I can repay the cost via PayPal so you're not out of pocket.

Thanks all

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you out but if you can't find anyone, I recommend the parcel forwarding service HopShopGo. I've used them HEAPS in the past to get items that only post to the US (even some things bought from members on here) over to me in Aus and haven't had any issues.

Good luck -{
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you out but if you can't find anyone, I recommend the parcel forwarding service HopShopGo. I've used them HEAPS in the past to get items that only post to the US (even some things bought from members on here) over to me in Aus and haven't had any issues.

Good luck -{

That's great thanks JTM! What has the cost been like for postage costs and delivery time frames? Have you been charged the GST when it lands in Australia?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Good luck -{

That's great thanks JTM! What has the cost been like for postage costs and delivery time frames? Have you been charged the GST when it lands in Australia?

Shipping price starts at around $30 odd AUD and goes up from there depending on weight. Delivery times for me have all been around a fortnight with standard and generally less than a week with express. Regarding GST, that extra cost has been a real bummer since it was introduced and with this service, it is unfortunately charged as part of your postage payment. If the parcel they recieve has a invoice, the actual price gets automatically input into the parcel details for payment, but if the parcel has no invoice, well then you can just put whatever you want as the actual price and then pay GST on that.

As I said though, I'm sure someone on here from the US will be able to help out so you won't have to use any forwarding services, but if not, they're there if you need :)
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Thanks again, much appreciated looks like that’s the way I’ll have to go :#