Inside Bond's Jamaican villa

New look inside Bond's Jamaican villa from No Time To Die. A few obvious things some collectors may wish to track down;

A Sailor's Tales, hardcover;
Chess set may be an easy one to identify given the colour way;
Photographic print on the wall

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery005.jpg

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Looks like Bond is drinking Johnnie Walker black label.
    jw.jpg
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Great eyes Dean!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    are those the grey jeans, they look blue in pic but guessing it is just the lightin.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    jw.jpg

Good man. My main drink these days lol

3-ADF4-EE6-151-D-4328-8554-5-F40-E30-E05-AF.jpg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    jw.jpg

Well you’re certainly well stocked for an extended lockdown!
    JTM wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    jw.jpg

Well you’re certainly well stocked for an extended lockdown!

Lol. That’s just the stuff on display :)
    In addition to hint of the label seen in the above picture you can also see the cap in the trailer.
    NTTD-Black-Label.jpg
    Now interestingly I contacted JW a couple of weeks ago and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting Johnnie Walker. We currently do not have any product placement sponsorships with the new James Bond movie.

Once again, thank you for contacting Johnnie Walker."
    Good spot {[]
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    It appears the book next to a Sailor's Tale may be Sunset Song - which would make sense as it is regarded as one of the "most important Scottish novels of the 20th century"..
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I find it interesting that in both of Craig’s Bond’s homes there have been MANY books. It’s notable mainly because no version of Bond, including Fleming’s, have ever been portrayed as voracious readers. I like that it gives Craig’s Bond a little more depth since he has mainly been shown as a hard living blunt instrument.

I’m also glad that this living space doesn’t look like such a mess. That was a big miss in Spectre and very inconsistent with Bond’s character.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I like that Fleming's Bond read pulp novels on planes.

BTW, the edition of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance seen in his villa does not seem to exist on the internet.

Screenshot-2020-04-06-at-12-18-14-AM.png
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    You know Miles, I always interpreted the state of Bond's apartment in SPECTRE as not so much being mess, but rather in a state of neglect from him being consumed with his personal ambition to get to the bottom of M's message and not taking the time to hang pictures up, put his apartment in order etc. Remember that he didn't have a place in Skyfall, his belongings had been put in storage. So essentially he had to go out and get a place to live, bring his stuff over out of storage, BUT, he had also uncovered this message from M that had him completely obsessed with resolving. So he never took the time to "nest" as some would call it. His home decor was his last priority..... of course that's just my take on it and clearly not factual etc... just food for thought from a fellow fan with a bunch of time on his hands like the rest of you !
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    You know Miles, I always interpreted the state of Bond's apartment in SPECTRE as not so much being mess, but rather in a state of neglect from him being consumed with his personal ambition to get to the bottom of M's message and not taking the time to hang pictures up, put his apartment in order etc. Remember that he didn't have a place in Skyfall, his belongings had been put in storage. So essentially he had to go out and get a place to live, bring his stuff over out of storage, BUT, he had also uncovered this message from M that had him completely obsessed with resolving. So he never took the time to "nest" as some would call it. His home decor was his last priority..... of course that's just my take on it and clearly not factual etc... just food for thought from a fellow fan with a bunch of time on his hands like the rest of you !

Like that idea now you mention it like that :-)
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:

Certainly a plausible explanation. I like it better than “Bond is a slob”!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Everything is still neat, albeit not put up or unpacked. Certainly couldn’t call it the home of a slob. Just a very very busy person. I’ve yet to meet any ex long serving members of the RN that isn’t exceptionally tidy and organised.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • doubleOElvisdoubleOElvis Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    jw.jpg
    I'd love to know what glassware he's drinking from.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    I can't remember if the books displayed next to Bond have been identified yet.
    I0kwyux.jpg
    Probably the photo is a little bit grainy. Please let me know if there's a dedicated thread
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    Try searching MI6 Community for one of the book titles. The majority of them were identified early on over there. @ggl007 identified a couple of them, including Welcome Aboard! by Barbara A. Huff.
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Many thanks. I'll search over there
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    I spot 'The Complete Book of Sea Fishing' by Trevor Housby.
    The very bottom book in the pile strikes as as being Japanese or Chinese. Mayhap it's Japanese as a tie-in to YOLT and Bond's claim to have taken a first at Cambridge?
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I picked up this
    60787886485-F2562-B24-70-A2-4-EFE-9033-4-AA2-F13-AAA03.jpg
    ggl007 wrote:
    Good to know. ¡Muchas gracias amigo! ;)
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    I find it interesting that in both of Craig’s Bond’s homes there have been MANY books. It’s notable mainly because no version of Bond, including Fleming’s, have ever been portrayed as voracious readers...

I am not sure I would go that far about IF Bond; Though he is mentioned in several stories killing time reading, there are only a handful of books mentioned by name, but he does have a book self in his flat. I'd say that IF Bond is an average reader for his times and social status in Britain. So he would most likely have a quite well stocked book self by our standards.

EDIT: Found the spot in Moonraker: "He left the car under the plane trees in the little square and let himself into the ground floor of the converted Regency house, went into the book-lined sitting-room and, after a moment's search, pulled Scarne on Cards out of its shelf and dropped it on the ornate Empire desk near the broad window."

I'll take back what I said previously, I think Flemings Bond is quite the reader!
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    I just added this to my own extensive library of fishing books.
    IMG-2102.jpg
    sruzgar wrote:
    I picked up this
    60787886485-F2562-B24-70-A2-4-EFE-9033-4-AA2-F13-AAA03.jpg
    Nice ID!
    IMG-8006.jpg