James Bond guns theft in London

Comments

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Yeah I read that this morning even in these hard times, scum bags still find a way.
    Devastating for the owner, hope he gets them back.
    The live and let die smith and weston was the only 1 of its kind in the world ! :#
    007 reporting for duty
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    I read online in a James Bond collectors Facebook group that I am member that the owner of the prop guns was in the process of donating them to the Royal Armories Museum. Hope that the guns are found and once the case is closed, they go into the museums collection.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Need your help people. All of you on other Bond forums or any other platform, could you please get these details out there.

The collection that these were stolen from was a lifetimes hard work and devotion to accruing all of the weapons used in every Bond film. Yes, they will be donated to Leeds Armoury where everyone can have the pleasure of viewing them. The pieces stolen were just the tip of an incredibly sourced iceberg. But typically, grail pieces. The LALD S&W was a particularly favoured piece which was a one off. Something of a grail piece to the collection.

Pass the details of these guns around. Especially the serial numbers. Hopefully we can put these pieces back where they belong.

Live and Let Die chrome plated Smith & Wesson Model 29 revolver, sn: N60304

A View to a Kill Walther PPK, sn: 146872

Die Another Day stainless steel Jinx Cheetah, sn: H02641Y

Die Another Day stainless steel Jinx Tomcat, sn: DAA264306

Die Another Day Peaceful Fountains Llama, sn: 271915
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,509Chief of Staff
    Hope these didn't belong to anyone on here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-52061291

Unfortunately they did :#

I can only echo what Asp9mm says…
    YNWA 97
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,151MI6 Agent
    Info now on MI6 Community. Very heartbreaking to read - and to learn that they were due to appear on display for all to enjoy... I hope the pieces are identified and returned in the same condition as before. :#
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    This is terrible news, I'm really hoping the pistols are found and returned. Heartbreaking for the owner.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    It's insane that with the world on edge with COVID-19 that people are getting their collectibles stolen.

At least if it were toilet paper I could understand.
    Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Hope these didn't belong to anyone on here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-52061291

Unfortunately they did :#

I can only echo what Asp9mm says…

I feared as much.
    I only hope these aren't used in a crime, or confiscated by the police and destroyed as they don't know the relevance of them.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I only hope these aren't used in a crime, or confiscated by the police and destroyed as they don't know the relevance of them.

They’re on their database. So they will get flagged if that happens.
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Only hope they will return to the owner ...
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Sounds like a job where they had knowledge of what they were after. Just like when the DB5 was stolen in Florida years ago.
    "Better late than never."
    SilentSpy wrote:
    Sounds like a job where they had knowledge of what they were after. Just like when the DB5 was stolen in Florida years ago.

No. It was purely opportunistic.
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 117MI6 Agent
    I think that just one collector could or will try to buy thoses guns for their collection :(
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    I think that by now, every Bond collector is aware of this theft. it has had very heavy media coverage. It would be a shame should someone not make the authorities aware if they are approached by the thieves. --Ed
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Sad news. Good luck with the search.

We try to help from Spain spreading the news: https://archivo007.com/roban-cinco-armas-originales-de-james-bond/
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    I was going to stay quiet about this but for those who haven’t worked it out yet? It was Donk’s Modest Bond Collection which the thieves broke into and turned over. Their target was the keys to the Aston Martin in the front drive which were hanging up by the front door which they completely missed however they came across the guns which were cased up waiting to get a nod to deliver them to The Royal Armouries in Leeds while looking for the keys. Unfortunately the guns were not insured because I’d expected them to go to Leeds last year. Speaking of last year, I purchased the Aston after cashing in my personal pension which because of health issues I’m probably not going to be around to cash it in at the legal retirement age of 67. So for those including the thieves who probably think “serves the rich bastard right!”, the published £100k was an estimated auction value only. The collection was being donated to a museum and the Aston was something to tinker with when said collection was gone. To kick me in the balls further while I was down the BBC without permission chose to name me which effectively painted a target on my back meaning over a two day period The Modest Collection had to be disbanded and put into storage because you have to assume the gang took photos and may now know what they left behind and may therefore be considering a return visit? It also didn’t help that The Times who wrote a fairly accurate piece enhanced it by the fabricated tag line that “the thieves walked straight past Oddjob’s steel rimmed bowler worth £62k” didn’t happen, never owned it! Only the two pieces which are currently exhibited at Bond in Motion do I consider truly safe. The thieves struck early evening @ 8pm while I was working my third night shift in London. Previous to this I had not worked nights for over 30 years but was doing so as a key worker during the current pandemic. I’d been given the option to stay at home on full pay but chose to do my bit. I hope karma exists because so far this year for me personally has been total sh*t! Btw, I had to pay £625 excess on my house insurance to get the Everest back door repaired. I found out the the total price for repairs was just over £700! I also had to pay out my own pocket just over £2000 to get new door, ignition locks, fobs and coded keys to secure the Aston so the thieves can’t use the key and fob they currently have. Both the house and car are insured by Admiral. Chocolate kettle comes to mind!

Thank you to those who have sent their good wishes.

Kind regards
    Donk

3997-D7-C6-A394-4411-8-FA9-48017-E456-AE7.jpg
    The Modest Collection is dead ...RIP
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    very sorry to hear and I really feel your pain - hope things improve for you soon.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I am so sorry to hear this. Truly awful stuff. And during this crazy time it just pours salt into the wound....all I can say is I hope your year gets better and better.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Donk, that's terrible news. I hope the b*st*rds who did it get their just desserts. The BBC have not painted themselves in glory either. I hope things improve for you swiftly and you stay safe. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear it was you, Donk. There really are some scum in the world, and hopefully they'll get their comeuppance-have the police said if they have anything? I went to the Royal Armouries a few years ago when they had an exhibition of the guns in the Bond books, and it would have been great for everyone to be able to see this collection too, and such a shame that they've gone. All the best and take care.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Horrible to hear, Donk. Doubly so that your privacy was compromised.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,116MI6 Agent
    Very sorry to read that Donk. Hopefully they’ll turn up and I hope your year gets better.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I'm so sorry to hear it was yours, Donk.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I am so very sorry, Donk. Your stories and glimpses of your 'modest' collection have entertained and inspired me for years on here. I can't imagine what you've been through and are going through. I am so sorry.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    Donk, I am so sorry to hear this. Your posts of the various items in your collection have been really incredible to see over the years I have been active on these message boards. Wishing you all the best.
    I feared it may be yourself when I first read the news on my newsfeed, I'm sad to hear it is so.
    I truly believe in Karma but we very rarely get to witness it. These utter thieving scumbags will not lead happy successful lives, they are condemned to exist in the hell hole they propagate.
    Have your guns been loaned to the armouries before for display? I've seen a Bond firearm display there a couple of years back.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    All the best. Sorry to read this.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Wow Donk. I echo what everyone else has said and hope that those bastards are caught!
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Like everyone, really sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed your stories about your journeys with collecting. The YOLT helmet and DB9/S immediately springs to mind. I sincerely hope the guns are returned to you and that someone who knows about the theft comes forward with information.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me