Anyone in the US or CA want to trade Connolly Giubbinos?

I have the Large and am looking for an Extra Large. Maybe you bought a size too big and want to go down?

While I can still exchange with Connolly, the cost of shipping the jacket back to the UK is ridiculous ($71 without tracking is the best I have found).

I can live with my large but figured it was worth putting this on the board.

I suspect most people are in my case though and are looking to size up. But maybe you're the exception.

PM me if you can help.

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    How does your large compare to the size chart? I ask because i have an XL that came up short and i trying to get a properly sized XL or even and XXL :# I'd rather not pay a ton for shipping back to the UK especially when there are sizing issues but if you'd like i can sell you my XL if the measurements are ok.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    How does your large compare to the size chart? I ask because i have an XL that came up short and i trying to get a properly sized XL or even and XXL :# I'd rather not pay a ton for shipping back to the UK especially when there are sizing issues but if you'd like i can sell you my XL if the measurements are ok.

It matches the measurements Westward_Drift took of his large. I haven't compared those with the chart.

The fit isn't bad for me — and may even make me look slimmer — but I think I might be happier with an extra large.

I may take you up on your offer. (Do you know if Connolly pays the postage on returns as opposed to exchanges?) Let me wait a bit and see if anyone else responds. As I said, I fear most of those who purchased these went too small as opposed to too big.
    Cheverian wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

It matches the measurements Westward_Drift took of his large. I haven't compared those with the chart.

The fit isn't bad for me — and may even make me look slimmer — but I think I might be happier with an extra large.

I may take you up on your offer. (Do you know if Connolly pays the postage on returns as opposed to exchanges?) Let me wait a bit and see if anyone else responds. As I said, I fear most of those who purchased these went too small as opposed to too big.

Ok then you're probably better off working Connolly to see if they have an XL with the correct measurements but let me know. Regarding postage it seems we're responsible to pay to ship it back and then they'll pay to ship it too me. I think you're right regarding the fit but it seems like most people are just living with the sizing. My jacket fits me but it would fit better of it had the correct measurements 8-)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,090MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Ok then you're probably better off working Connolly to see if they have an XL with the correct measurements but let me know. Regarding postage it seems we're responsible to pay to ship it back and then they'll pay to ship it too me. I think you're right regarding the fit but it seems like most people are just living with the sizing. My jacket fits me but it would fit better of it had the correct measurements 8-)

Mike, since your jacket is not as advertised regarding measurements, Connolly should pay for any return postage.

Paul, is your issue main issue with the shoulder width? While I have wide shoulders, they are also skinny. If I had upper arms like Daniel Craig I would probably need an XXL.
  • For what it's worth Mike,
    I don't think there's something odd about your jacket, I think there's something odd about the sizing chart.
    I know it feels weird to purchase a XXL,
    but I had to do that for a Belstaff one time, and the fit is perfect. Exactly what I wanted.
    Don't get hung up on a tag. Go big!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Mike, since your jacket is not as advertised regarding measurements, Connolly should pay for any return postage.

Paul, is your issue main issue with the shoulder width? While I have wide shoulders, they are also skinny. If I had upper arms like Daniel Craig I would probably need an XXL.

I could use an extra inch in the shoulders and also the chest, but it's mainly the length. I realize that the extra large isn't even that much longer but I thought I'd put out a call in case someone wanted to trade. It fits well enough for me to live with but I suspect the next size up would be better.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

I agree that Connolly should foot the bill to return the jacket as the sizing was off! They did give me a mailing address to forward the package back to them Tuesday afternoon but i sent another message yesterday asking for a return label so i will see what happens with that. I am still shocked by Max's response about the jackets in theory being correct per the chart as one would assume that with such a small run they would check each one either at the point of manufacturing or once they were received at the warehouse.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Whats the chest and shoulder measurement Mike?

Getting worried as my XL is still with them as postage to my location is dodgy at the moment so asked them to hold
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:

Getting worried as my XL is still with them as postage to my location is dodgy at the moment so asked them to hold

The pit to pit on my jacket is 60 cm and just over 124 total circumference, the sleeve is 63.5 cm, back of the collar to waist is 66.5 cm and the shoulder to shoulder seem is 44.75 cm and the waist 58 cm.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

The pit to pit on my jacket is 60cm and just over 124 total circumference, the sleeve is 63.5 cm, back of the collar to waist is 66.5 cm and the shoulder to shoulder seem is 44.75 cm and the waist 58 cm.

Thanks - def might be borderline for me also if all XL are same size and this is not a one off error!

Wonder if XXL in stock when reopens
    welshboy78 wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

The pit to pit on my jacket is 60cm and just over 124 total circumference, the sleeve is 63.5 cm, back of the collar to waist is 66.5 cm and the shoulder to shoulder seem is 44.75 cm and the waist 58 cm.

Thanks - def might be borderline for me also if all XL are same size and this is not a one off error!

Wonder if XXL in stock when reopens

If the size chart was correct then an XL would be fine for both of us BUT we won't know till you receive yours. I think a XXL would be better for the shoulders but too big in the chest. When i emailed them last week they were holding a XXL for me but i don't know how many they have plus i'm still waiting on measurement information and a return label before i send mine back 8-)
  • MikeG77,

Let me know if Connolly does provide a free return label. I'm in the same boat
    MikeG77,

I will let you know but i have a sneaking suspicion that i will be forced to pay for shipping back to the UK for my exchange. If that happens at least i'll have a jacket that fits but Connolly will not get any future business from me!
    MikeG77,

Connolly emailed me early this morning and advised me that they would send me a return label ( it arrived an hour or so later this morning) so i can send the package back to them!

I did remeasure the chest and shoulders again as i thought maybe i was wrong on my measurements but the shoulders measurement did not change and the chest when laid completely flat (pit to pit not seam to seam) ended up being over 23 inches. I am shipping it back tomorrow afternoon and i'll ask Max to take a look at it assuming he's able to do so and compare it to the size chart. Ultimately i am probably going to swap it out for a XXL ( I can't believe i am saying that 8-)) because it offers me more room in the shoulders and a slightly longer sleeve length. I realize the chest will be "slightly" larger but i can live with that as i'm not looking for a close fit.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    Hello Mike,

I own the Connolly in XXL and can provide some measurements if this is helpfull for you:

Shoulder-Widt: 45,5cm
    Chest: 62cm
    Sleeve-Length: 63cm (with some wrinkles at the armpitarea already)
    Back-Length: 66cm

IMG-20200408-031417-910.jpgIMG-20200408-031512-856.jpgIMG-20200408-031636-161.jpgIMG-20200408-031717-273.jpg

don't worry about ordering the XXL, I always wear XL (RGT for instance) and had to sized up here too because I'm above 6'3 tall , I wouldn't describe the fit as perfectly but totally wearable and a tailor can help if you are still unhappy
    Noi wrote:
    Hello Mike,

I own the Connolly in XXL and can provide some measurements if this is helpfull for you:

Shoulder-Widt: 45,5cm
    Chest: 62cm
    Sleeve-Length: 63cm (with some wrinkles at the armpitarea already)
    Back-Length: 66cm

IMG-20200408-031417-910.jpgIMG-20200408-031512-856.jpgIMG-20200408-031636-161.jpgIMG-20200408-031717-273.jpg

don't worry about ordering the XXL, I always wear XL (RGT for instance) and had to sized up here too because I'm above 6'3 tall , I wouldn't describe the fit as perfectly but totally wearable and a tailor can help if you are still unhappy

Yeah it's definitely a psychological thing because I'm not a XXL anything! I appreciate the pictures and the measurements but I notice your measurements are smaller than the sizing chart just like my XL. I wonder if the whole production came in short? Hopefully Max gets back to me in the next few days so I can get some clarification.
    I somehow feel like I lucked into getting the longest length sleeves. The XL and XXLs are somehow as short if not shorter. I would love to size up for length, but I don't see that happening.
    I somehow feel like I lucked into getting the longest length sleeves. The XL and XXLs are somehow as short if not shorter. I would love to size up for length, but I don't see that happening.

What was the length of your sleeves compared to the sizing chart?
    I measured an outer sleeve of 25.75 inches/65.4 cm. The sizing cart says 25.59 inches/65cm.

My measurement for the shoulders was two-tenths of an inch less than the chart. 17.5 inches vs. 17.7 inches.
    I measured an outer sleeve of 25.75 inches/65.4 cm. The sizing cart says 25.59 inches/65cm.

My measurement for the shoulders was two-tenths of an inch less than the chart. 17.5 inches vs. 17.7 inches.

I guess what you lost in the shoulders you gained in the sleeves :))
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    FYI, my Connolly in size "M" has the following measurements :

My jacket Connolly size chart

Pit to pit : 58 cm 59 cm
    Sleeves : 65 cm 64,50 cm
    Shoulders : 43 cm 44 cm
    Back : 64 cm 64 cm

The missing 01 cm on pit to pit and shoulder measurements would have been welcomed even if the jacket fits me correctly !!!

Fred
    MikeG77 wrote:

Pretty much. Just having the overall sleeve length be where it should seems to be the exception.

From all the measurements posted it seems like most of the jackets are running small.
    MikeG77 wrote:

Pretty much. Just having the overall sleeve length be where it should seems to be the exception.

From all the measurements posted it seems like most of the jackets are running small.

Yes the jackets are definitely running small and i asked Fatos at Connolly for measurements on another XL/XXL but it's understandably difficult for them to do so. He did say that they would hold my XL that was returned in the even the XXL is too large which based on the chart i don't think will happen.

Welsh i did confirm with Fatos that the amount of XXL's are limited and if you want to swap for the bigger size he advised that you reach out to them to do so. It should be easy for you as they have not shipped your item yet. Once i get my XXL i will measure it up so you can decide on what to do!
    Thanks for the info Mike.

Are they still shipping currently or suspended?
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Thanks for the info Mike.

Are they still shipping currently or suspended?

Not a problem and to answer your question i would assume they are shipping out inventory seeing as i could send a package back to them. You may wanna reach out to Max or Fatos at fk@connollyengland.com for clarification.
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 480MI6 Agent
    It looks like the Giubinno is now sold out at Connolly´s web. I got one of the last L they had and they are definitely on the small side... still quite happy with the fit though.
    Victor B wrote:
    It looks like the Giubinno is now sold out at Connolly´s web. I got one of the last L they had and they are definitely on the small side... still quite happy with the fit though.

I sent my XL back last week and it was received yesterday so hopefully my XXL gets here soon! I didn't know that Connolly was selling this jacket online but I was wondering if you had the link for the jacket?
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 480MI6 Agent
    They were indeed selling online for short time:

https://www.connollyengland.com/products/mix-linen-giubbino-jacket-navy-1
  • MikeG77 wrote:
    Victor B wrote:

I sent my XL back last week and it was received yesterday so hopefully my XXL gets here soon! I didn't know that Connolly was selling this jacket online but I was wondering if you had the link for the jacket?

Their online inventory is the only inventory they had for that jacket, and they won't be making it again.
    Hopefully they had the foresight to set a XXL off to the side for you. With how much things are in disarray over there, with salesmen working from home and not actually in the store, and poor correspondence with their warehouse, I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Victor B wrote:

Hmmmm......does it mean the 150 jackets run was not completely sold out here or on other medias ???? I have a doubt they really made only 150 jackets finally !!!