TND has some really bad audio problems

DieAnotherDayDieAnotherDay Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 460MI6 Agent
edited July 2020 in The James Bond Films
I'm not talking about the score here, which is coincidentally one of my favourites of the series, but instead the frequent terrible ADR and stock sound effects. It's quite off-putting as there's many scenes where you can tell a whole lot of cutting and chopping when on in post to glue this film together.

Anyone else find these kind of distracting, on rewatch?
....and the best he ever managed was a sermon on the mount.

Comments

• silvertoesilvertoe Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    I'm not talking about the score here, which is coincidentally one of my favourites of the series, but instead the frequent terrible ADR and stock sound effects. It's quite off-putting as there's many scenes where you can tell a whole lot of cutting and chopping when on in post to glue this film together.

Can't say i noticed,but i will pay attention to this on next viewing,by the way...whats ADR? ?:)
    ive smelt that aftershave before and both times ive smelt a rat
  • DieAnotherDayDieAnotherDay Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    silvertoe wrote:

Can't say i noticed,but i will pay attention to this on next viewing,by the way...whats ADR? ?:)

Automated Dialogue Replacement. Basically when dialogue is re-recorded after the scenes are filmed for various reasons. There's quite a few times in TND that some spoken dialogue is heard but the actors aren't actually talking on screen or their lips are saying something else completely.
    ....and the best he ever managed was a sermon on the mount.
  • silvertoesilvertoe Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    silvertoe wrote:

Automated Dialogue Replacement. Basically when dialogue is re-recorded after the scenes are filmed for various reasons. There's quite a few times in TND that some spoken dialogue is heard but the actors aren't actually talking on screen or their lips are saying something else completely.
    Really?....very poor!
    ive smelt that aftershave before and both times ive smelt a rat