Tailoring Barbour Commander

Recently bought a Commander jacket in size large. Used the jacket last week during a hunting trip in France for its intendend purpose. Really happy with. Prior to buyingthe large, I also tried on the medium. Although I really liked the tailored fit, it was too tight and slightly short for my outdoor activities. Hence, the large. The large fits good but, if possible, I would like to tailor the jacket a bid in the middle to get a more tailored look when wearing it with just knitwear underneath.

Does anybody has expercienes with tailoring the jacket in the middle? Obviously I do not want to have that due to the tailoring the rain and wind proof functions decreases. :)

Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I have had one Barbour Tailored some years back, but I used their tailor services given they are the experts (and it was new). Turnaround was not the bad 4 weeks if I remember rightly.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Yes, go with Barbour and it will all be good.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    I also bought a size large and had the waist tailored in.
    This is an easy job to do.
  • BecksBecks Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately there is no official Barbour store located in The Netherlands, so will need to go to my local tailor for advice. Good to hear that it is possible and you have good experiences with it!