Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,060Chief of Staff
    I love the description "The Property Of A Gentleman". 007 points to whoever came up with that one!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent
    Wow, what a collection! In 40 years as a bookseller I never had any Fleming autographed copies offered to me. These are wonderful. I would love to have one, will follow the auction closely.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Having delved deeply into this auctions treasures, (like Bond :)) ), I am even more interested as there are several first run cinema posters of which I also have in my collection.

I wonder who the seller is?
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    From what I can see I got to see the items 'in the page' as it were, back in the heady days of 2019 when you could venture into rooms of other people without then having to live with them!

They were offered as part of a collection by the superlative Peter Harrington and there was a viewing party at the Jack Barclay Bentley Showroom on Berkley Square. A thrilling evening.

Of note there they were offered only as a set. So I wonder if they didn't sell and now offered singularly, or a buyer over-reached/flipped.

A shame as I was quite in wonder of the collection being whole and pictured someone retaining it together

PH-1.jpg
    PH2.jpg
    PH3.jpg
    Thanks for posting this, R-L-E, fascinating stuff.

If it wasn’t for the Covid situation I would have definitely arranged a trip home to London to attend the auction in person.