Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Oh dear. Another DB5 that I have to have even though "I don't collect model cars"!!!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Looks cool -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    Lots of fun, I think there's a Johnny Lightning with battle damage too.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    A new Corgi DB5 with gadgets. It’s been several decades since we got one of those. I’m not in to toys, but that may tempt me even if they are static.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent
    Love it - will be getting this as well. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • AstonMartinDB5_2020AstonMartinDB5_2020 Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    I like the update, but hope they also release a version without the crash damage.

AstonMartinDB5_2020
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    This will be my 6th DB5!
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Really wasn't expecting Corgi to step away from their regular DB5 this much - what a pleasant surprise!
  • imranbecksimranbecks SingaporePosts: 139MI6 Agent
    I've just received my Corgi NTTD DB5 today. Very nicely detailed and the battle damage is very nicely done. I thought the Hot Wheels one was good, this one is even better!

50975558972_134fc87c76_b.jpg
    50975447821_9f5154c5d8_b.jpg
    50975448021_05944fe5b3_b.jpg
    50975558022_ef858140db_b.jpg
    50975447906_e278b54c10_b.jpg
    50975558862_91c209e86e_b.jpg
    50974758408_ab8a376550_b.jpg
    50975448031_179e25b9c9_b.jpg
    50975447616_0d6ddfe582_b.jpg
    50975557877_f54f47c7b5_b.jpg
    50974759628_83905e54fa_b.jpg
    50975753142_72835f3ae6_b.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Let‘s be honest here:

The V8 looks really crap!
    An insult to the original car!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    Let‘s be honest here:

It's not hugely accurate, but as Imran and I discussed on another forum, all it would actually take to get it looking decent is to space the wheels out and add tyres with a greater diameter:

CorgiV8.jpg

The wheels in this image haven't been altered, just the tyres. I've also 'painted' the sill to the lighter colour it should be.
    I'm tempted to buy one and do it for real but not sure I'd be able to find tyres the right size.

I wonder why they didn't add wing mirrors to it this time as they did with the other cars in this collection?
    emtiem wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Let‘s be honest here:

It's not hugely accurate, but as Imran and I discussed on another forum, all it would actually take to get it looking decent is to space the wheels out and add tyres with a greater diameter:

The wheels in this image haven't been altered, just the tyres. I've also 'painted' the sill to the lighter colour it should be.
    I'm tempted to buy one and do it for real but not sure I'd be able to find tyres the right size.

I wonder why they didn't add wing mirrors to it this time as they did with the other cars in this collection?

With the proper sized tyres, it looks so much better. A world of difference.

But I'm glad they didn't include the wing mirrors on this because if they did, it would've broken off during shipping as the V8 came off its very poor quality twist ties during shipping and was shaking all over the place in the box. Apparently I'm not the only one who had their V8 arrive with the twist ties breaking. Grateful there's no major cosmetic damage to it. They improved the packaging for the NTTD DB5 though probably after all the complains. The car was securely screwed with plastic screws that held the car in place. No more shaking around in the box during shipping.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Who’d you order through? I preordered the DB5 through the 007 store and haven’t heard a thing yet.

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

Ordered mine from the 007 store. Maybe you should email them.

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Thanks! I shall!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

Where are the bigger tyres available from to post fit to the V8 model and do they easily come off the standard models' wheels?

I don't know; I altered it in photoshop.

• Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

Are the headlight cannons retractable like the original front machine guns? With the button at the bottom of the door?

Also would I be correct in thinking that the Aston Martin V8 is the same tooling as The Living Daylights car?

• CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

The DB5 is static with no moving parts. Looks like the V8 is the same since it's still missing side mirrors.

How did these pop up in February? Mine wasn't released through Corgi until August.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I'm tempted to buy the NTTD V8 just to swap the wheels onto my TLD V8, but because the version I have is an early one that doesn't have the black and yellow striped decals on the skis, I might as well wait for Corgi to reissue the TLD V8 with the updated wheels.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

...The other issue is the wheels on the all Corgi V8 models are too small and need spacers, as they don't come out far enough, and don't get me started on the no wing mirrors. £30+ for a 1:36 scale model with incorrect details sadly means a pass for me.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Looks more like a Capri than the Aston.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    edited October 2021

I’m looking at my Corgi TLD AM V8 and now I can’t unsee the undersized wheels, thanks a lot, buddy!

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

I'm looking at my old Corgi TLD AM V8 and I can't unsee the small wheels! Thanks, a lot, buddy! 😄

edited October 2021

The wheels are actually more or less the right size, it’s the tyres which are too low profile infuriatingly! 😊 If they could be swapped out and spaced out as Red Kind says it wouldn’t be bad. I’d also have to paint that sill silver too.

What do we think the pod car was for, incidentally? Did we see Craig driving in the forest? Or maybe the very end of the film?