'Dr. No' Screenings at Select US Cinemas

Fathom Events will be screening 'Dr. No' at select cinemas across the United States on Sunday, 31 January and Monday, 1 February, 2021.
James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube

Comments

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent

Heard that Fathom Events is supposed to be screening Dr. No again in the near future. Yet when I checked Fathom Events website, I only found the listing from this past winter. If anyone hears anything, please let me know here or via a PM. Thank You.

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent

Just looked at Fathom Events website over this weekend and currently Wednesday August 31st is when Dr. No will be screened at select cinemas in the USA.

• Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent

I'm seeing August 21, not 31, in the Regal Cinemas App.

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

Buyer beware, Fathom is probably showing a low-res stream off a DVR, according to folks in the know. Their exhibition is often shoddy: https://variety.com/2022/film/news/the-thing-fathom-events-aspect-ratio-1235299351/

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

Purchased my tickets from AMC for the 21st. I will enjoy it regardless.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    edited August 2022

I’ll be watching this as well but confess this flap over quality about Fathom’s screening of “The Thing” has me worried too, as if I would notice had I been ignorant of that taking place! Are there any updates?

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

They made good on their THING screening after a prominent filmmaker held their feet to the fire, but they haven't changed their MO overall. I'll be curious to hear how DR NO looks!