FS: Factory Entertainment Golden Gun Dual Signature Edition

Hello, I am new to the forum and have for sale a Factory Entertain Dual Signature Edition Golden Gun it is #159 of 400.
A bit of info, the gun has only been opened today and can 100% guarantee that it has never been assembled outside of the factory. Upon opening it was not too surprising to find that the cigarette case is quite speckled on one side and the fountain pen has a small chip of paint missing. Again this is exactly how they were delivered from the factory 10 years or so ago I believe this was quite common at the time. The parts have never been exposed to sunlight or anything just stored in the original box as pictured. I believe they can be re-coated to restore this to the condition it should have been from new.
The signed plaque has also never been fitted to the stand or even opened for that matter. The pack of bullets has never been opened but they look OK
I was hoping for £3500 before opening it but due to the paint issues, I will be after around £3200 including insured UK delivery.
Any questions please ask.
gg1.jpg

gg1b.jpg

gg2a.jpg

gg2b.jpg

gg4a.jpg

gg2.jpg

gg3.jpg

gg4.jpg

gg5.jpg

gg6.jpg

gg7.jpg

gg8.jpg

gg9.jpg

gg10.jpg

gg11.jpg

gg12.jpg

gg13.jpg

gg14.jpg

gg15.jpg

Comments

• jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I would suggest if you want anything like that sort of money you have the issue resolved first
  • GoldenGunSEGoldenGunSE Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the reply, I am quite happy to accept offers to buy it as is. Obviously not stupid offers like £2000. But if someone wants to try and get a bargain then the chance is there.
    Yes I could make more money if I got the parts recoated myself but to be honest I would rather an enthusiast buys it cheaper and fixes it to their standard.
    There can't be many of the 400 that have never been assembled or the plaque attached.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    What you have wrong with the cigarette case is that the base metal is oxidising underneath and causing a stain in the gold plating, not an easy fix even if it can be fixed, you would have to strip the original plating and not knowing what you will find under it or the detail that you might lose by doing so.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    I’ve attempted to plate a few of these parts with similar issues. The problem is FEs chemical plating process and crappy zamek(?) metal. Once the corrosion is trapped underneath the surface, it eats into the soft metal. These things aren’t built for longevity and like dry rot in wood, once it sets in, it’s not going to get better. Stripping and plating just shows the pitting in greater detail and trying to stabilise it can make it worse as the chemicals just eat through this nasty base metal. Even if you try and seal it with clear coat the metal will still be slowly eaten away subsurface. They should have used brass.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Disappointing that FE didn’t use higher quality materials for something that was only made in low quantities and sold for a high price.
  • GoldenGunSEGoldenGunSE Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Thanks for all the information. Any one interested, am open to reasonable offers.