NTTD Cuba Jacket, or QOS Harrington?

Hey all!

I am limiting myself to one navy jacket due to budget, the wife, all that..

What is everyone's thoughts on the look of the NTTD Cuba Barbour Jacket, vs The navy Harrington? I am most likely going to find a nice alternative for the Barbour, and Possibly the Royale Filmwear Harrington.

What does everyone think? What do you prefer the look of? I know we don't have the best photos of NTTD yet, but enough to get a view!

Comments

• Craigisbond25Craigisbond25 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Royale Filmwear makes a great version of the navy QOS Harrington. I have two of the navy ones (one m, one l from different runs) and the cream colored one. It's simply a great jacket. I highly recommend it if you can get one in your size.

I'll wait to see on the Barbour one. My wife has already said too many times that I have too many jackets and she's not wrong.

Hello fellow Minnesotan!

Thanks for that! Yeah I am on the verge of that same quote "Don't you have five jackets already?"
    "Yeah Honey, but not a navy blue one!"
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    You can't go wrong with a Royale Harrington.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Royale Filmwear makes a great version of the navy QOS Harrington. I have two of the navy ones (one m, one l from different runs) and the cream colored one. It's simply a great jacket. I highly recommend it if you can get one in your size.

I'll wait to see on the Barbour one. My wife has already said too many times that I have too many jackets and she's not wrong.

Hello fellow Minnesotan!

Thanks for that! Yeah I am on the verge of that same quote "Don't you have five jackets already?"
    "Yeah Honey, but not a navy blue one!"

I have more than five blue jackets, not including the 5-6 denim jackets. :s :))

I will join the chorus recommending the Harrington. Having owned both the Barbour and the QoS Harrington there really is no comparison. A Harrington is classic style, whatever the color or brand. If you can find a Royale in your size, get it. I once had someone come up to me on the street asking how much the Royale I was wearing cost. That hasn't happened yet while wearing the Tom Ford.

The styling of the Barbour just didn't do it for me. I've liked almost all the various budget alternatives more than the actual Barbour.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    I wasn't really expecting much from the Graham Cuba jkt when I first saw it in the commercials/promos. But the more I looked at it online and saw some of the subtle details, the more I liked it.

Having said that, the Harrington is a classic. And the QoS interpretation is different enough to stand out in a sea of Harringtons. It will never go out of style and is very versatile. Plus the Royale version is a beautifully made jkt. Daniel did a great job with it.

I would invest in the Harrington. And, if finances allow, pick up a lower cost alternative for the Cuba jkt. If you look around there are even some other Barbour models that come close to the style of the Graham and you can get them on sale at yoox, nordstromrack, etc. for about $150. I recently saw one at saksoff5th (I think it was the Spey) that was $110 after using discount codes.
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Harrington no question!

I just don't see what role a cropped waxed jacket fulfils?

It's raining yet I don't want my legs to be dry? :))
    Harrington no question!

I think I like the thought of the Barbour jacket, even if I were to find an alternative. The utility Jacket/ workwear look seems pretty cool, but knowing me I won’t find anything that actually feels like me when I put it on.

All signs are pointing to the Harrington, and I may give it a shot! I am pretty short at 5’6 let’s hope the sizing works!
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Harrington no question!

I think I like the thought of the Barbour jacket, even if I were to find an alternative. The utility Jacket/ workwear look seems pretty cool, but knowing me I won’t find anything that actually feels like me when I put it on.

All signs are pointing to the Harrington, and I may give it a shot! I am pretty short at 5’6 let’s hope the sizing works!

Just note the newest version of the harrington from Royale has some extra length, though the wonderful thing about Royale is that you get a full size chart to use.

I do like the utility look too no doubt and actually think the Graham once tailored down could look cool, but not as cool as a harrington :).
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    Would go for the Harrington. It's a classic and you'll get more wear out of it. -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I don't have a QoS Harrington (c'mon, second TF run!) but I do have the navy Barbour and it's become the cool weather jacket of choice for me. It also gets a lot of compliments. In addition to looking great it's also the most comfortable jacket I own due to the raglan cut of the sleeves.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Does the Barbour jacket come with Ana De Armas? Asking for a friend.

Bond vs Batfleck?
  • PortentPortent Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    I own neither. But I'd get the Harrington as you'd probably wear it more.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Does the Barbour jacket come with Ana De Armas? Asking for a friend.

No, but perhaps the Brunello Cuchinelli Unstructured Cashmere Jacket does.
    I appreciate everyone’s responses so far! Now I just gotta make sure I don’t want a Barbour commander Jacket off eBay too... 8-) -{
  • GaryorangeGaryorange Posts: 160MI6 Agent
    If the Barbour Commander is on the table then you’ve got to get that. I have the Barbour Cuba(washed) and the Royale Harrington. Everything people above have said is spot on . However while the Harrington is the stylish option for general wearability I really like the Cuba Barbour. I don’t feel precious about it like I do the Harrington .
    Not sure if that helps!
  • JoviusJovius Albuquerque, NMPosts: 42MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

The QoS Harrington, I'd say. A Harrington jacket, particularly the one from QoS without the loud tartan lining showing through to the front, is just going to be so much more versatile. You can dress it up slightly with a collared shirt and chinos or dress it down with a t-shirt and jeans.

That NTTD Barbour is just a very strange design to me, stranger than the one from Skyfall.