Has anyone ever ID'd this Daniel Craig belt?

He seems to wear it constantly, but I can't seem to figure out the exact belt. Hoping someone else already knows.

gwdt-010412-2.jpg

gwdt-010412-4.jpg

gwdt-010412-16.jpg

dragon-010512-8.jpg

daniel-craig-042912-%20%287%29.jpg

daniel-craig-052112-%20%281%29.jpg

Comments

• TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    It's a plaited Kangaroo leather belt from the australian company R.M. Williams.
    You can spot the belt in one of the great video podcasts of Mr. Zaritsky (WHAT IS DANIEL WEARING? (1:55)).

http://thebondexperience.com/bond-videos/what-is-daniel-craig-wearing/
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] The wealth of knowledge on AJB is amazing. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • SomaticSomatic Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Oh wow, you guys are amazing.

Looks like a 1 1/4" belt to me... or is it 1 1/2"?

How do you even size for that belt? Go up several inches on the belt for the extra option of leaving it hanging out?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,588Chief of Staff
    Great detective work...now, where do you buy one from ? :D
    YNWA 97
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    well done tintin -{
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Here you go. -{
    https://www.thestabledoor.com.au/r-m-williams-brown-plaited-kangaroo-leather-1-1-4-nickel-o-ring-belt
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited April 2014
    If you're in London there's a small RM Williams shop near the top of New Bond St. They stock the belt. But they are cheaper if you buy it in Oz.

I normally wear a size 34" or 36" belt, but have this one in a size 40 and it measures 44 1/2" from end to end (excluding the buckle). This leaves enough belt for me to leave hanging, or folded back into the belt loop.

I got the 1 1/4" width. The 1 1/2" seemed too wide in the flesh.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,588Chief of Staff
    mrgatsby wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Here you go. -{
    https://www.thestabledoor.com.au/r-m-williams-brown-plaited-kangaroo-leather-1-1-4-nickel-o-ring-belt

Cheers....time to sell another kidney then :))
    YNWA 97
    mrgatsby wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Here you go. -{

Hold up now... you sure that's right? The picture seems correct, but shouldn't it be brass o-ring and not nickel?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Ive got this belt its quite cool (Sruzgar identified it a while back for me)

Bought the wrong size grrrr!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Anybody noticed in those pics DCs jeans dont fit properly at the waist (even looks unbuttoned)

I seem to have awkward fit with the Scotch and Sodas in this dept too :))
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ive got this belt its quite cool (Sruzgar identified it a while back for me)

Bought the wrong size grrrr!!!!

Care to elaborate? Did you end up having to go several sizes up?
    I bought one unused from eBay for a great price!!

I think I got a 95cm one (I can get away with that with a conventional belt but this was too short for this style)
    Hmm... Google tells me that's about 37.4 inches. Mind if I ask what your waist size is for jeans?

I'm personally a size 33"/34", but it seems 40" is the way to go from what Kadd said.
    Somatic wrote:
    Hmm... Google tells me that's about 37.4 inches. Mind if I ask what your waist size is for jeans?

I'm personally a size 33"/34", but it seems 40" is the way to go from what Kadd said.

Im around 34 - 40" is def the way to go.

For approx 30 odd quid I thought it was worth a shot! :)
  • Bond-on-a-BudgetBond-on-a-Budget ChicagoPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    We should re-name this forum the All Daniel Craig Forum
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
    Tiffany Case: And which do you prefer?
    James Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Well he is the man of the moment. :D {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    "Flabbergasted."
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • sandman1935sandman1935 St.Augustine FLPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    What color are the S&S's in the top picture?
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    These show up on ebay somewhat frequently and can be had for decent prices, though sellers often only ship to AUS 8-)
    Is anyone else's belt like this one?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331138694007?var=540348936772&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Looks a bit like a medium brown instead of a dark brown. Contacted the seller who told me that R M Williams has variations in coloration due to batches and that the pictured color is what they're selling.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Mine is dark....
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Mine is also dark brown
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    edited May 2014
    I bought one, had it shipped from Australia only to find it's too small for me, even though I'd done my research, these run very small - be warned.

I'm a 31/32 waist and they say to size up so I did but if you want that extra long DC look you'll 2 or more sizes bigger than you are.

Therefore I'll be ordering another one a size bigger, meaning I have a 34 inch available to sell. Only want what I paid, £150, and UK shipping only. I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks
    Aww, well ok. I guess I'll keep looking. About to just order from R M Williams' site directly, but where did you guys get yours?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    kinda looks like a girl belt too me, thankfully DC is goodlooking enough that it doesn't make a difference.
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    As promised, pictures. If interested drop me a line.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    edited May 2014
    Related to this thread...

Daniel_Craig_Spotted_Outside_London_Home_MNg8fx_S.jpg

Probably not the exact same belt, but I recently got this as a close-enough/possibly the same item (apologies for the ebay link outside the official thread):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290860933899?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The price was decent and I really like the look of the belt. I can post pics whenever it arrives, although I'm not holding my breath as the tracking # says it's been sitting in Victoria, Aus. awaiting shipment for a week now :# .
    DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

So this lovely belt showed up long before I expected it to. Here are some shots. I highly recommend R.M. Williams in general, their leather feels amazing. Also, the BAMF style blog claims that Daniel Craig's chelsea boots in Layer Cake were probably by R.M. Williams.

http://bamfstyle.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/layer-cake/

I am in no way affiliated with that blog.