Ian Fleming on TIMELESS

HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
Hmmm. . .for the second time I'm posting about a TV show. Is the Hardyboy watching too much TV? Probably. Anyway, I just watched the latest episode of the new series Timeless, a rather dopey adventure in which a bunch of time travelers hop through history in pursuit of a dastardly villain who's trying to change the present. In tonight's episode, our heroes land in Nazi Germany during the early 1940s, trying to thwart a plot against Wernher von Braun. In the course of things a Nazi officer is revealed to be none other than Ian Fleming (played by Sean Maguire, who looks nothing like Fleming but kind of reminds me of Michael Fassbender), who is on a secret mission. Fleming, we are told, is both a master spy and was inspired to join the secret service after the death of his younger brother Michael in the London blitz. When the heroes return to the present they learn that Fleming had written a Bond novel called Choice of Weapons, which was inspired by the adventure they all shared with von Braun and was also the source for one of Sean Connery's greatest Bond films--in 1964. All in all, very little of the historical Ian Fleming was in this show--but somehow I think Fleming would have liked the version of himself that was created.
Vox clamantis in deserto

Comments

• GoldenEye85GoldenEye85 Posts: 278MI6 Agent
    I was wondering if someone would post about this weeks episode on here. I absolutely love this show! This was a good one too. Certainly felt like something that could have been in a James Bond movie.
    1, GE 2, CR 3, SF 4, TWINE 5, Spectre 6, TMWTGG 7, DAD 8, LALD 9, AVTAK 10, LTK 11, Octopussy 12, Moonraker 13, TLD 14, GF 15, QOS 16, Tomorrow 17, FYEO 18. TSWLM Not seen much: Dr. No, Russia, Thunderball, Twice, Majesty.

1: Brosnan 2: Craig 3: Moore 4: Dalton 5: Connery and 6: Lazenby
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I have just seen the episode and really enjoyed it. As HB says, there was very little historically of Fleming therein (Fleming never served in MI6, brother Michael was killed in France not in the London Blitz, Fleming never went undercover as a Nazi officer etc etc), but besides all of that, it was a good adventure and a great way to spend an hour. Highly recommended for all Bond fans.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I watched this episode too. It was good. I like the actress in this show. Very pretty.
    "Better late than never."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've watched several episodes of Timeless, fun show and the Fleming story was amusing. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."