Potential Bond Villains

In a similar vein to the Bond Girl thread.

Three suggestions from me:

The first two are more of the kind of businessman type who don't like to get their hands dirty, two fairly well known actors.
David Hyde Pierce or Jeff Goldblum

Another suggestion would be for a villain who can be a little bit of a rough houser, Temuera Morrison.

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I was watching Beverly Hills Cop the other day. The Bad Guy in that movie struck a cord with me. I sat there thinking what a good Bond villian he could make. Steven Berkhoff would be someone I'd like to see be a Bond villain. He also fits the mold of what some people want in a villain. He's older than Bond. Berkhoff was born in 1937, in London.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • GrishenkojrGrishenkojr Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I was watching Beverly Hills Cop the other day. The Bad Guy in that movie struck a cord with me. I sat there thinking what a good Bond villian he could make. Steven Berkhoff would be someone I'd like to see be a Bond villain. He also fits the mold of what some people want in a villain. He's older than Bond. Berkhoff was born in 1937, in London.

Berkoff played General Orlov in Octopussy, I believe.
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    Alan Rickman...

{[]
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    I would love to see Timothy Dalton as a Bond Villain
    Nice one zaphod!{[]
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:

Outside of James Bond, Dalton played a villain in The Rocketeer as Neville Sinclair, which was the parody of Errol Flynn, and in Hot Fuzz as Simon Skinner.
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    After CR and QOS, Bond needs to have a villain with whom he can face off physically so that he can exercise his loicense to kill.

Sorry, but David Hyde Pierce and Jeff Goldblum are definitely not villain material. Alan Rickman would be reprising his Die Hard role.
    And no actor who played Bond should appear in another role. It would smack too much of a gimmick.

I prefer the villains and Bond women to be relatively unknown. Their performance in the Bond movie would establish them, much the way things worked for Gert Froebe and Ursula Andress. The roles should carry a mystique about them, and someone who is too well know shatters that mystique.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    a few guys I'd like to see as Bond villans.
    Jason Isaacs, my choice as Bond now perhaps too old but could still be a great villan
    Steve Buscemi, odd looking guy but a great actor
    and Cillian Murphy
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    Mr Martini wrote:

Berkoff played General Orlov in Octopussy, I believe.

Whoops. Haven't watched Octopussy yet. I guess i should check the cast of Bond movies before I type. Sorry.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    as Craig's Bond is a reboot of the series there is no reason why Steven Berkhoff couldn't play another villan, several actors have been in a couple of Bonds playing diffrent characters.
    Maud Adams & Joe Don Baker for example.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    All the more reason to go with Zaphod's suggestion of Timothy Dalton then...
    Dalton was great in The Rocketeer no arguments from me in having him as a villan.
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    jorgem wrote:
    zaphod wrote:

Outside of James Bond, Dalton played a villain in The Rocketeer as Neville Sinclair, which was the parody of Errol Flynn, and in Hot Fuzz as Simon Skinner.

I thought Tim Dalton was fantastic in Hot Fuzz, hilariously sinister.

I'd like to see James Woods as a Bond villian (I love James Woods!)
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:

Zaphod...to some his portrayal of Bond in the 80's was sinister enough. :o
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    Just watched Miss Marple (I have a very exciting life) with Charles Dance as a vicar and thought he'd be a great Bond Villan ( I know he was in FYEO but only in a small role) He can do Arrogant Smugness so well, I could easly see him as the head of Quantum
  • MailfistMailfist Posts: 240MI6 Agent
    I liked the early movies when they picked relatively unknown european actors who fitted the parts perfectly, Lotte Lenya and Gerte Frobe immediately spring to mind.

I think the following would make good villians:

Arnold Vorhees - great in the Mummy movies
    Patrick Stewart - great in anything. Also think he would make a good M.
    Rutger Hauer
  • Ilya KuryakinIlya Kuryakin Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Perhaps Sean should make a return as Blofeld in the next turd, eh? :v If only McClory and Cubby's little ---- daughter could get things sorted out. 8-)

Sickening.

Edit. Grow up--there's no need to dump such profane and abusive language on Barbara Broccoli. HB
    "If God had wanted man to fly..."
    "He would have given him wings, Mr. Kidd"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I think a lot of us would like to see a villan who looks like a physical threath to Bond. We haven't seen that since Goldeneye.
    Why not Rupert Everet? He is 6' 4'' , looks fit and he is a good actor.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited June 2009
    Perhaps Sean should make a return as Blofeld in the next turd, eh? :v If only McClory and Cubby's little ---- daughter could get things sorted out. 8-)

Sickening.

Yeah, it's a real mess they've made, with their $1.1 Billion in box office revenue over the last two films, and new fans by the drove :p

As for a villain...frankly I'm ready for a older guy---a twisted father figure. Leave the physical threat to an able, large and intimidating Lead Henchman B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,258MI6 Agent
    I didn't read the whole thread, but Vincent Cassell would be excellent.

Jeez damn I hope I spelt that right
  • little nellylittle nelly London, EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    Gene Simmons. Preferably sans makeup.

Patrick Stewart as M - absolutely brilliant!
    N O I N F O R M A T I O N I S U S E L E S S
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    craig fairbrass wud be ok as a cheap villain, or ross kemp.
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • blofeld#1blofeld#1 Posts: 118MI6 Agent
    How about Kevin Spacey .????? How about it.
    Or ................................................ Sean Connery.
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    Rhys Ifans and Iwan Evans (both real life brothers) as henchmen. Charlie Brooks as the bad girl. John Travolta as the main bad guy. David Mccallum as his boss. and Michelle Ryan as the bond girl.
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    How about Hugo Weaving or the twin brothers( Their name escapes me at the moment) who starred as the twin badguys in The Matrix Reloaded? Also Christopher Eccleston seems like he would be good, as he has played bad guys before.

Also I have always thought that Jeremy Irons would be an excellent choice for a main bad guy.
  • Rick RobertsRick Roberts Posts: 536MI6 Agent
    I think Bruno Ganz should play the head of Quantum. After seeing him in DOWNFALL, he's become one of my favorite actors.
  • HoneyRyder'sGirlfriendHoneyRyder'sGirlfriend Dolphin Country, USAPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    How about Sir Anthony Hopkins as Ernst Stavro Blofeld? If EON could get SPECTRE back from Kevin McClory, that would be totally perfect!

Xander Berkeley from 24 and Air Force One would make an awesome villain, too.

Malcolm McDowell would be a good one, he's sufficiently sinister.

I hate that Ricardo Montalban never got a chance to be a Bond villain, he'd have been awesome.
  • Rick RobertsRick Roberts Posts: 536MI6 Agent
    How about Sir Anthony Hopkins as Ernst Stavro Blofeld? If EON could get SPECTRE back from Kevin McClory, that would be totally perfect!

I always thought he could have fit the role of Trevelyan when he much older and named Augustus in the early Goldeneye draft.
  • little nellylittle nelly London, EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    craig fairbrass wud be ok as a cheap villain, or ross kemp.
    are you having a laugh?!?
    N O I N F O R M A T I O N I S U S E L E S S