Potential Bond Villains

2»

Comments

• little nellylittle nelly London, EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    I think Bruno Ganz should play the head of Quantum. After seeing him in DOWNFALL, he's become one of my favorite actors.
    That's more like it, Bruno Ganz. Class.
    N O I N F O R M A T I O N I S U S E L E S S
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    After watching Fargo earlier today I'm thinking either a) Peter Stormare would make a decent and ruthless villian or even a ruthless henchman or b) if the producers can get Steve Reevis as a henchman. and finally c) maybe team the two up as villian and henchman. Peter the Villian and Steve his henchman. If you've seen Fargo you should know Peter is quiet yet ruthless (a little psycho to. And Steve has some strength to him. Remember what how he handled Carl Showalter? I rest my case.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    Like the Blofeld of the novels the next Bond villain should be physically menacing and brilliant and mad. Liev Schreiber would be a fine choice. Cleaned up he would be an imposing presence in the boardroom. In the final show down with 007 he would be a real threat. Schreiber and Daniel Craig have already worked together in Defiance and after X-Men Origins:
    Wolverine, there is no doubt that Schreiber could pull off a truly evil villain. He would make a terrific Shatterhand. Olga Kurylenko could return as Camille and she could duke it out with Zhang Ziyi as the villainess.
    Just a thought. B-)
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Never mind Timothy Dalton playing a villain, they should bring him back as Bond. I've had enough of this Craig fool after one great film and one poor one.
    On a more serious note, I think either Hugo Weaving or Gary Oldman would be great villains and I assume Jesper Christensen's Mr. White will turn out to be the head of Quantum as he seems a very important long-term character. Also, Eon should get Cillian Murphy a role before he becomes too big a name.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    Swedish actor Mikael Persbrandt would be great. He has played villans (and heroes) successfully in scandianavian movies several times.

Here are videos to prove my point:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzQzcGkp0EI

Persbrandt in a scene with his ex, Maria Bonnevie, who would be an amazing Bond girl:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9RDAUYM1eg
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    Here are som better clips of Mikael Persbrandt:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAN6MvS91sg&feature=related

Persbrandt is a very good actor who has worked with Ingmar Bergman. He can look physically threathening next to Bond, and being 6' 2 1/2'' certainly helps. Why shouldn' t a villan be taller than Bond? It would only make Bond look harder when he beats the villan.
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    Now that some people have mentioned it, I can actually picture David Hype Pierce playing a Locque-type of villain.
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    The Bond films should have had actors as minor henchmen/women attacking Bond such as Mr. T., Hulk Hogan, Lou Ferrigno, Lucy Lawless and Kevin Sorbo. Also, Dolph Lundgren was wasted in AVTAK. He could have been used to strangle Sir Roger.
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'd like to see Denzel Washington as a Bond villain. I think he projects both the intelligence and the physicality that an actor needs to actually go head-to-head with 007.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,460Chief of Staff
    I'd like to see Denzel Washington as a Bond villain. I think he projects both the intelligence and the physicality that an actor needs to actually go head-to-head with 007.

Great idea, Washington would be superb. Ain't gonna happen, though! (He's too big for Eon to bag)
  • little nellylittle nelly London, EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

Great idea, Washington would be superb. Ain't gonna happen, though! (He's too big for Eon to bag)

would've thought Halle Berry would be too big to bag too, but it happened - so you never know. The honour and prestige of being in a Bond film would be worth the inevitable pay cut. Maybe.
    N O I N F O R M A T I O N I S U S E L E S S
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,460Chief of Staff
    Halle Berry wasn't too big at the time she signed for DAD, though. It wasn't till she won her Oscar for Monster's Ball (during the Bond shoot) that her status rose- compare her billing on the second X-Men movie (released after her 007 venture, but to which she was already contractually obliged) to that on the third.
  • FlexRollinsFlexRollins New EnglandPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't mind seeing people like Malcolm McDowell and Terence Stamp,
  • MathisMathis Deuxième Bureau Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    I like the idea... and if there was a ¨remake¨ of Live and Let Die he would be a superb Mr. Big, but his fame surpasses Craig's... unlikely to happen :(
    "Being dead doesn't mean one still can't be helpful…"
  • VeronaVerona Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    I'd like Lazenby. No joke.