Re: SPECTRE Oddities & Miscellaneous Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

I think if you were travelling on the 8.15 to where-ever and a fight broke out, involving guns, you'd make yourself scarce.  Especially when you've got someone of Mr Hinx's size and speed, I'd certainly not stick around.  I mean what are you going to do? Tell him to stop it and sit down!

1:Sf,  2:SP,  3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS

Thunderpussy wrote:

I think that's the point, during the action sequences people just disappear.  ajb007/smile
Hopefully on the extra features on the bluray, it will all be explained.

hopefully there will be extre features this time  ajb007/lol
I miss the stuff the first 20 films had as extras

"You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"

Although The_Commander does make a good point, if a fight broke out
I'd be hiding in the toilet, or rather protecting any women who might be
in the toilet !  ajb007/lol

I can understand Bond and Madeleine getting off the train in the Moroccan desert, as that is where Mr White's map led them, but what did they expect to happen once they were there? They can't have known they were going to get a lift, surely? Or have I missed something?

I think Bond was expecting to be picked up, they knew Bond was coming as they out Hinx on the train.

1.FYEO  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.LTK  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.DAD  20.DAF  21.TWINE  22.QoS  23.NSNA  24.DN  25.OHMSS  26.CR (67)
twitter.com/IrnBruRevolutio

MilleniumForce wrote:

I think Bond was expecting to be picked up, they knew Bond was coming as they put Hinx on the train.

That's how I saw it too  ajb007/martini

Scouse not English
The higher the monkey climbs the more you can see its arse

YNWA: Justice For The 96

Sir Miles wrote:
MilleniumForce wrote:

I think Bond was expecting to be picked up, they knew Bond was coming as they put Hinx on the train.

Well that answers my question, but it's made me come up with another; if Blofeld knew Bond was coming, and had all the hospitality ready for him that we see when he arrives at the lair, why would Hinx try and kill him on the train?

Jellyfish wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
MilleniumForce wrote:

Well that answers my question, but it's made me come up with another; if Blofeld knew Bond was coming, and had all the hospitality ready for him that we see when he arrives at the lair, why would Hinx try and kill him on the train?

Hinx was supposed to kill him...the rest was a back up plan - which was evidently needed  ajb007/biggrin

Scouse not English

The teaser poster is misleading. Bond wears the turtle neck sweater towards the end under the John Varvatos jacket and the explosive watch has already been exploded.

Last edited by Vicsane007 (5th Nov 2015 05:18)

"Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."

Grazmeister wrote:

The other thing is the train fight. Great as it is how come the train suddenly appears deserted once it all kicks off and they are free to completely destroy the train without any comeback. Even afterwards no-one comes up to them and says wtf was that all about..they just go off for a shag. No wonder they dumped them off in the middle of the desert when they got the chance  ajb007/lol .

Good of you to bring this train fight up: IMHO it was still, if not a particularly realistic fight scene, never the less one of the rarer ones: it really felt as if Bond was going to kick the bucket in the end. It gave an all too real flash back to me; it had that same desperate feeling of the last blink of an eye that you get when your punch-drunk in the ring or your oppo has gotten that choke down right on you and you know there is nothing in your power you can do. You are at his mercy.
It's a funny thing, I took a glance at my watch to see how far the movie had gone to make sure that: "naah they can't kill Bond now, can they?"
As suspenseful and intense moment as can be had in a movie!

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

HatThrowingHenchman wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

I think that's the point, during the action sequences people just disappear.  ajb007/smile
Hopefully on the extra features on the bluray, it will all be explained.

hopefully there will be extre features this time  ajb007/lol
I miss the stuff the first 20 films had as extras

oh, they decided to cut the scene where all the passengers jumped off the moving train once the fighting started. you will see it under 'deleted scenes' when the blueray/dvd comes out next year.  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

The scene with the little mouse, just thought it was hiliarious.

Then, at Blofeld's lair, all those people working on the terminals. Do you think they get breaks at all? Or are they expected to work 8 hour days sitting on stools?

Braxo wrote:

Then, at Blofeld's lair, all those people working on the terminals. Do you think they get breaks at all? Or are they expected to work 8 hour days sitting on stools?

They get a 5 minute cigarette break, but they have to stand next to all of the inflammable pipes.

I would like to have seen more of the crater base. We didn't get many external shots before the whole thing blew sky high. It looked sort of like an oasis in the desert, with lawns and palm trees. Maybe there will be more on the deleted scenes.

"I cannot reach what serves you for a mind." - Ernst Stavro Blofeld

Braxo wrote:

I loved this bit too. After he said "Who sent you?" I thought to myself what the next line would be, and I was right, and I cracked up laughing in the cinema.

Braxo wrote:

Forgot about that bit, my wifes comment " Flash Gordon"

UnderwaterBattle007 wrote:

I also didn't understand the need for the actress at the start.

The Mexican government paid $25 million to have input in SPECTRE, including making Mexico City look "nice", making the Mexican police at the parade not police but actually a "special unit", and having one of the Bond girls be a Mexican girl.

(This was revealed through the Sony leaked emails)

SeeYouBackAtTheLodge wrote:
UnderwaterBattle007 wrote:

I also didn't understand the need for the actress at the start.

The Mexican government paid $25 million to have input in SPECTRE, including making Mexico City look "nice", making the Mexican police at the parade not police but actually a "special unit", and having one of the Bond girls be a Mexican girl.

(This was revealed through the Sony leaked emails)

Yes...we discussed this many months ago...welcome to AJB  ajb007/martini

Scouse not English

That money was well spent! Mexico City looks splendid in the film  ajb007/smile

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

I didn't see a problem with the girl in the beginning. Made the moment funnier. And yes it was a beautifully shot PTS

I'm sure the Mexican tourist board will be very happy with it.
I know I was. ajb007/biggrin

eric7064 wrote:

I didn't see a problem with the girl in the beginning. Made the moment funnier. And yes it was a beautifully shot PTS

She isn't really a character but more of a piece of Bond's costume. She is only there for looks, and she helps define Bond's character as someone who likes to have a woman by his side for decoration.

Having seen the film first in german language and then in the original version:

Waltz's dubbing in german is much better! He inserts his Austrian Accent slightly which gives him an own twist.
And the sound effect when he first speaks to the board is much more intense than in the original version.

At the Spectre meeting - in the german version, the lady speaks french ( ajb007/insane  ajb007/insane  says my wife - I don't remember but tend to agree ) and I've just discovered that in the original version she speaks german  ajb007/biggrin

http://ms0.iol.it/img_newsreg/5/2/8/22061825.jpg
President of the 'Tim Dalton Misty-Eyed Fan Club'.
------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!-------
Don't you Higgy-Baby Me! The name is Higgins, Jonathan Quayle Higgins III !!

I need some help with one scene I didn't understand. It was in Morocco when Madeleine starts to fall asleep drunk. She starts mumbling about liars and killers while Bond is sitting next to the bed staring at her. He has such an intense look which I didn't understand.

Is that because she can see who he is and he doesn't like it?

I think it's her feeling that she's been brought back into the world of
" Killers and liars" of her father's world.  It may also be a poem, but I'm
Not well read enough to guess at which.  ajb007/smile

Did anyone notice the painting above Swann's bed when she is in Blofeld's lair?  I just noticed it after the third viewing....

http://s24.postimg.org/eq709ba81/stolen_modigliani.jpg

Nice nod to SkyFall!

Visit www.thebondexperience.com
for our newest vlogs on living like Bond, one moment at a time...