Reclassification

I did had this strange thought about Goldeneye when I watched it and when I saw Die Another Day Trailer. Since Goldeneye will be 8 years old this year, it's seems to me as it is getting a lot of maturity and begin to sound like old time Bond, which is a good thing. There weren't a lot of CG images and the villain's plan was pretty simple. I wonder if someone feels the same thing as me!

Comments

• Red GrantRed Grant Posts: 147MI6 Agent
    Well, I personally have never really thought of any of them as "old ones" or "new ones". They are all Bonds to me. But you are right GoldenEye has gotten older. But also 8 years when talking about a series like Bond is really not that long. But if it is a long time, all I can say is, its gotten better with age! :007)
  • The AnarchistThe Anarchist Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    Like wine? or Dom Perignon 55?
    :))
  • Red GrantRed Grant Posts: 147MI6 Agent
    I really dont think you will see GoldenEye or any Brosnan Bond film called part of the classic Bonds until he leaves 007. But IMO the Brosnans always have been classic's, all of them...
  • JimmyJimmy Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    I think thats a fair assessmant. As long as Brosnan is in the role, his Bond films will be looked upon as the current Bond era, even Goldeneye, which is 8 years old. Not until Brosnan steps down, can we look at his films in a new light.
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    I also support the view that none of Brosnan's movies can't be properly judged until he has vacated the role and they are at least 10 years old and have stood the test of time. A decade is approxiamately the time it takes for any movie to cease being "New", go out of fashion and if good enough, come back to popularity again as a classic.

It also seems more than likely that as Brosnan has been so successful as Bond, his films will be the ones that his successor's will be compared to the most - and with that will come deeper observation and analysis of the Brosnans as they become period pieces.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I've decided to bring back this old topic after 5 years to see if you now think that GE can be regarded as classic. It's been a classic for me ever since I first saw it in 2001
    207qoznfl4.gif