Best Villain of the Moore Era?

2»

Comments

• ZachZach Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    I really like all of the Moore era villains escept Stromberg. I think Moore has the best villains. They are all good in their own ways but Kamal Kahn is my favorite. He is the best villain in the best movie.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Zorin rocked! The only ever OFFICIAL phsycopath. Though I'm sure there were many more UNofficial ones too. Quite a list.
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    edited May 2005
    Francisco Scaramanga, played with absolute brilliance by Christopher Lee, who makes him intelligent and sophisticated. Just a shame the rest of the movie is so comparatively poor. Other than this, he's a top-notch villain who matches or beats Bond on many levels.

I like all of Moore's villains with the exception of those in Octopussy, and also Hugo Drax. Drax was a very poor Blofeld rip-off who came across as very dull, and did not have anything particularly memorable about him. Kamal Khan could have been great, especially being played by the great Louis Jourdan, but he was screwed up I felt. Poorly written, and he should have had a better confrontation with Bond at the film's conclusion than simply crashing in a plane.
  • KissyfanKissyfan Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Zorin was the best villain of the Moore era which is saying allot since Moore did have the best villains.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    IMO Moore had some of the most watered down baddies that I can't pick a definete character that stands out as the most ruthless. Jaws was the coolest but he was too comic-booky.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Drax was pretty cool, actually. He was a true madman, yet he was charming and sophisticated.
  • natenate Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    hugo drax...........give jaws a shot
  • osmir007osmir007 Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Zorin ,drax and TSWLM villian and kananga
  • AcerimmerAcerimmer Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Kristatos for managing to pull the wool over MI-6 and Bond's eyes. He gets my vote because FYEO was the best of the Moore films, and he was a realistic villain, unlike Stromberg or Drax.

Honorable mention goes to Kamal Khan and Scaramanga. OP is a great movie, but Chris Lee is the only redeeming thing about TMWTGG.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,305MI6 Agent
    Face it, all Moore's villains are better than those of Brosnan's, who were generally an unconvincing/uncharismatic/smaller than life crowd.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Quoting Napoleon Plural:
    Face it, all Moore's villains are better than those of Brosnan's, who were generally an unconvincing/uncharismatic/smaller than life crowd.

You're preaching to the choir, man! :D
  • PrinceHectorPrinceHector Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I think that Scaramanga is the best, however I do not particually like the film much.

Honourable mention to Drax... just because hes based on a historical figure.
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    I have to say Max Zorin. He was completely out of his mind and ruthless. Walken was perfect for the role.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Yea Max Zorin was definetly Moore's best. Many of the other Moore villain's just deployed other muscle men to do their dirty work. Zorin actually wanted to kill Bond personally, chasing him with an ax on the Golden Gate Bridge. The scenes where he is machine gunning all his men down and falling from the bridge are excellent.

P.S. I think Sir_Miles_Messervy needs to get over Kerry's loss for the presidency. lol :)
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • James-Bond-007James-Bond-007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    my favorite would be either Scaramanga or Drax.
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    I'm very bored right now so I guess I will resurrect this very old thread.

I think all the Moore villains are great. They are the best group in the series IMO. But if I had to choose one as my favorite it would definitely be Stromberg followed very closely by Kananga. Both were great IMO.

My least favorite is probably Scaramanga. I just never liked him. Christopher Lee was still good though.