Is the Brosnan Era coming to an end?

Hugo DraxHugo Drax Leeds, United Kingdom.Posts: 210MI6 Agent
Looking at the DAD trailers and seeing that Pierce has aged quite a bit, I won't be surprised if Bond 21 is his last Bond film.

He has always said that wants to quite before he gets too old for the role. While I don't think he is too old and hope that he continues for a while yet, when Brosnan sees himself on film, with his greying hair and the lines on his face he may decide that one more will be enough.

Comments

• Red GrantRed Grant Posts: 147MI6 Agent
    well Brosnan has said himslef that he wants to leave with grace and has the intention of doing another, but other than that he does not know. It will be a sad day for Bond when he leaves.
  • JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    Indeed it will - who will be next? Pierce Brosnan it has to be said "saved" the series after the gap from LTK. However people said the series would end when Sean Connery left, and yet Roger Moore stepped into the spotlight and the series went on. Hopefully after Pierce leaves someone of equal calibre will step in and continue the series into the next decade....
  • RoebuckRoebuck UKPosts: 25MI6 Agent
    edited October 2002
    Actually, from the footage I've seen so far, I think the more 'mature' look suits him. He's wearing his years with grace and as long as he's up to the physical demands of the part I don't mind if he's showing a bit of grey at the temples. Brosnan's a fit guy and I imagine he has another couple of Bond movies left in him.
  • YourBestStalkerYourBestStalker Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    After seeing some pictures of Brosnan it think he is looking a bit old, but i think mostly cause of the shorter hair. It's shorter and seems a bit spiked. hmm
  • Adrian_MalpraveAdrian_Malprave Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Brosnan will come to an end after Die Another Day.
    He said that he'd love to do another but its time for him to move on. He said it's what made me, "Me", as in other words famous.

"Anyway, we both sound alike."
    "My Congradulations to you - both". DAF
  • JamesbondmmJamesbondmm Posts: 294MI6 Agent
    I thought it was confirmed that Brosnan would do one more after DAD??
  • Adrian_MalpraveAdrian_Malprave Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    From what I heard on the News was Brosnan will end at DAD.
    His having family issues and has to stop. His son is a drug addict and Brosnan i think has jad enough.
    Well I know that Brosnan wants to do another after DAD. But as much as I personally want him back, the key word in that phrase from him is want. Nothing has been officially confimed. However, I think when the producers say that the role is his as long as he wants it, and he wants to do one more, well lets put two and two together folks....

Also,
    Quoting Roebuck:Actually, from the footage I've seen so far, I think the more 'mature' look suits him. He's wearing his years with grace and as long as he's up to the physical demands of the part I don't mind if he's showing a bit of grey at the temples.
    Quoting Roebuck:

Quite right. Personally I thought he looked great in the DAD trailer, and excellent in TWINE. You could really tell he was 007 in that film. He looks like Bond, a touch of gray at the temples, and of course the visual facial scar he recived in TND. Makes him more realistic and more Bond like than any of the actors before him IMO.

Pierce IMO was destined to play Bond, so wether or not his era ends after DAD, lets take Xenia's advice and "enjoy it while it lasts."
  • BondChick007BondChick007 Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    Agreed. Well put Red. I would really love for Brosnan to stay as long as he wants. He is such a fine actor, and imo he really did save bond. I think 5 is a good number for him. He said himself that it is getting a bit harder to do the stunts. I think one more after dad well give him a very well-deserved outing. It will be very sad when he leaves but look at what he's done now. A bond to be remembered...
    I really dont think any Bond actor should stay after five movies, after that they become too old, and almost bored with the part. I dont think Brosnan will alow that to happen. He, being a fan, and frowing up with the movies, knows what makes the series tick. It is becuase of this that he has not and IMO will not let us down.

Also, what family problems???
  • JimmyJimmy Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    I'd say he has one more in him for sure after DAD comes out. He even went so far as to say he'd like to come back, and I'm betting he will.

After that, who knows, but I'm willing to bet he'll do at least six, he always said he'd like to tie Connery's six (NSNA not counted).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,624Chief of Staff
    In the December issue of Empire there is quite a spread on Bond and DAD. Brosnan says;
    " I'd like to do another, sure. Connery did six. Six would be a number, then never come back."

So two more anybody ?
    YNWA 97
    I think six is a fine number. I dont think theres anything wrong with him getting older. I mean Moore went till he was 58 for goodness sakes!
  • CarverCarver Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I reckon Brosnan will talk about Bond 21, but end his run after DAD. But after that, who knows? I'm hoping that this won't happen, but I reckon we might be in for a long wait until another Bond film after DAD, if there will be one, just like the gap after LTK, I don't mean to sound dreary, but this is wht it looks like...
    To be fair, the six year gap wasnt due to legal issues and whether MGM was being sold or not. It had nothing to do with how the Bond films were doing. I'm sure if MGM didnt go under back in 89, we would have had another Bond film in 91.

As I said before, he'll do one more for sure, then after that, who knows, but I think he'll want to do a six as well.
    As much as I love Brosnan I think it is probably for the better if he leaves after Bond 21. Thus far, the people who have stayed for more than five Bonds hardly look believeable, and the films themselves are disapointing. But Brosnan is a fan as much as he is a star. He knows whats best.
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    I think Pierce is doing a great job as Bond.He's said he'd be interested in a 5th film--possibly a 6th as well. Brosnan's aging very gracefully and looks far more suited to the role in his late 40s and early 50s,than he ever would have when he was in his mid-thirties.The gray hair and age lines add character to Brosnan's features--he isn't boyish any more.

I think he's good for at 1 more film--possibly 2.This all depends on him,however.As has already been noted here and elsewhere,Brosnan's stated that he doesn't want to overstay his welcome as Bond.He'd rather depart before the public wants him to go.He'll know when it's time to set the Walther aside.

WG.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I have also thought to bring this one back so you can put down when you originally though he was gonna leave Bond. I always thought DAD would be his last one because of the whole 40th Anniversary thing.
    207qoznfl4.gif