Who was "Sheriff" in DAF?

justvisitingjustvisiting Posts: 61MI6 Agent
edited January 2003 in The James Bond Films
I was wondering if anyone knows who played the LV sheriff in DAF? In LALD, the same actor portrays a Louisianna State Policeman, crawling out of the Lousianna bayou after Bond crashed through the police barcade. The actor is so nasty looking, it's too bad they didn't make him some sort of henchman. I have never seen him credited anywhere for his role in DAF, yet he has several lines of dialogue in the film and is a memorable character.

This query is in addition to my other question about "What character is the 'Welfare Worker in DAF.

The older Bond films are annoying in that they never have the throughly complete cast listing as in newer films.

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    From what I can recall, Clifton James only appeared in Live and Let Die and TMWTGG.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Thst's a good catch justvisiting made. He's not referring to Clifton James who played Sheriff JW Pepper, but the sheriff in DAF who pursued Bond through downtown Las Vegas in DAF.

I never made the connection, but it could very well be the same gentleman who clambered out of the water in LALD, and (if I remember correctly) tossed his hat onto the ground, while Sheriff Pepper gave him a sneering look.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    I do remember thinking only in the last week that they looked the same, again, we don't mean Clifton James but a more rueful looking bloke... good spot jv.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Gah, now I know who you mean dh!

I don't know his name either, I don't remember seeeing him in LALD either, just DAF.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    The guy's name is Leeroy Hollis. He was both the sheriff in DAF and the soaking wet policeman in LALD.

It's all at The Cat's Corner. ;)
    Hilly...you old devil!