TND Uncut Version?

I have no idea if there is a scratch in my DVD or something but I have a feeling that I'm missing two parts from what I can remember in TND. I have cleaned the disk and it still skips, I rewind it and it is still not there. Maybe my version ws uncut. Now the uncut bits are:

1. When Wai Lin is going around in the ship at the end and she throws that tri-star thing in the guys neck. In my DVD it is replaced by her shooting the guy in the neck.

2. When Bond is on the ship and he says his leaving for the control room or something (i cant remember) and then he breaks that guys neck on the floor. In the DVD the guy wakes up and then goes back to Never-Never land (knocked out).

Does anybody else have the same thing or is it just my DVD?

Comments

• jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    edited February 2003
    These were certainly cut out by the British censors for home consumption - I'm not sure if they were even in the cinema versions. The BBFC absolutely despises throwing stars and nunchuckas, for some bizarre reason, so this had to be cut for it to be a 12. According to their website, "to obtain this category (12) cuts of 0m 6s were required... Company chose to cut violent and imitable techniques to obtain a '12' in line with the previous UK video version.".

However, ITV - which receives an "uncut" print, so that it can make its own cuts - always broadcasts these parts uncut - along with Sanchez' fiery death in LTK, the two technicians killed at the start of GoldenEye, and the previously unavailable "wait your turn!" end of Xenia. However, it regularly slices You Only Live Twice to ribbons to remove almost any mention of ninjas or their weaponry. What a wonderful mess of censorship!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Adrian_MalpraveAdrian_Malprave Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Quoting Adrian_Malprave:
    2. When Bond is on the ship and he says his leaving for the control room or something (i cant remember) and then he breaks that guys neck on the floor. In the DVD the guy wakes up and then goes back to Never-Never land (knocked out).

This part is not violent. No idea why they cut that out
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    If I remember right, it's the blood curdling snap in his neck that's deemed too violent.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Adrian_MalpraveAdrian_Malprave Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Blood Curdling? Oh Well, It didn't shiver me, I STILL WANT THE UNCUT VERSION!!!! lol. I saw it at the cinemas with that part and even on video it has it when i hire it. It's just the DVD that didn't have it for me.
  • TobiasTobias Chelmsford UKPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    i have the TND ultimate edition and it hasthe 2 missing scenes DAD has a similar scenes with a knife being thrown by jinx at the end and it wasnt removed
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Are you in some kind of time pocket, Tobias? :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017