Pussy Galore - Am the only one?

2»

Comments

• bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I like that she's an adventuress, living her life on her own terms (the Fort Knox gig seems to be just that, a gig). Few Bond girls can be said to be that, maybe Honey albeit on a much smaller scale.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    She's a good looking woman, but Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman) did/does nothing for me in the sex department. I was/am more attracted to her strong personality, her independence. She can clearly look after herself and hold her own in "a man's world".

I have always particularly enjoyed the chemistry between Honor Blackman's PG and Sean Connery's Bond. You can almost literally see the sparks flying between them, it's wonderful to watch.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Well if back in the 60's if I would have had my choice I would have selected Jill Masterson too. But, Pussy was sexy too, she just came on a little strong for my taste and based on her previous preference for bed mates, I don't know if I could have handled the competition. :D
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    Is it just me? I think that the Pussy Galore character has been too highly revered in Bond fandom. With all respect due to Honor Blackman as an individual and professional, she did nothing for me in the sex appeal department. To me, she came across like a gangster Moneypenny. For the mantle of Golfinger top-babe, I liked Jill Masterson a lot more although she was chiefly a sex object.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly. She's an interesting character, but sexually, she doesn't hold a candle to Ursula Andres, Daniela Bianchi, Claudine Auger, Luciana Paluzzi, Iaabella Scorupco, Sophie Marceau, Caterina Murino, and (IMO) Eva Green.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    It's been awhile since I've seen the movie, and I've never read the novel, and the only scene from the film I still remember is the one where they're rolling around in the haystack
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    She certainly was good looking, and she still is!

But yea she didnt make me pay alot of attention to her compared to the other Bond girls.

I do like her personality, but thats about it.

WOW SHE CAN JUDO!
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."