Favourite bond theme?

mjbusbymjbusby Posts: 3MI6 Agent
My favourite bond theme is TWINE because its my No.1 film. What is yours?

Comments

• Doake18Doake18 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    edited August 2003
    By far I think the most powerful theme song to date is "The Living Daylights" I can listen to it over and over again (esp. since I got new surround sound speakers and a new 6.1 receiver) To me it sounds the best , IMO though!!

Runner up: For Your Eyes Only and Goldeneye (tie)
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    My faveourite is The Spy Who Loved Me, I just love that song! closely followed bye Goldeneye!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    I think License to Kill is a powerful song, but my favourite would have to be The Living Daylights.

If I had to choose a worst, it would be the awful 'All Time High'
  • Licencetokill007Licencetokill007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    The best bond " song " is a view to a kill , but the best instrumental theme is in " OHMSS"
  • KissKissBangBangKissKissBangBang Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I'm in a tie: Nobody Does it Better, Thunderball, Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, The Living Daylights, and Goldeneye.

Hahaha that looks ridiculous but yeah. I also liked All Time High but it's not my FAVORITE.
  • Stacey SuttonStacey Sutton Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    A view to a kill, im a BIG fan of duran duran. i also like The living daylights, A-Ha rules!!
  • Sheriff_JW_PepperSheriff_JW_Pepper Posts: 149MI6 Agent
    From Russia With Love is the greatest song Ever!!

The lyrics and music are great.

The film is great too!

The best instrumental is The music in Live And Let Die in San Monique when Baron Samedi is doing the show in the hotel.

:007)
  • Bo_JimBoBo_JimBo Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Carly Simon's "Nobody Does It Better" has to be the best ever
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    edited September 2003
    one of two theme's for me (title themes)... OHMSS or misterkisskiss bangbang (though not used)...

themes... bond77(TSWLM) and 007 (from thunderball)... just brilliant
    '...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • 007_Daz007_Daz Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    My Favourite is For Your Eyes Only
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    My favourite would have to be The Living Daylights.

Its got good beat!! :) ;)
  • JaelleJaelle Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Quoting Doake18:
    By far I think the most powerful theme song to date is "The Living Daylights" I can listen to it over and over again (esp. since I got new surround sound speakers and a new 6.1 receiver) To me it sounds the best , IMO though!!

What he said. :) (Doake18 and I have some weird ESP thing going on....)

And furthermore...

There is only one Bond theme that I can't bear to listen to and I'm sure you can all figure out which one it is: DAD. I won't have it in the house.

Besides TLD, I esp. enjoy Goldeneye, The Spy Who Loved Me, Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever, You Only Live Twice, A View to a Kill and Licence to Kill. But I hate to leave out Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Well my favourite title theme has lately changed to AVTAK. Not sure why - a little more catchy perhaps. For any other theme it would hev to be;

Snow Job/He's Dangerous/Golden Gate Fight
    From AVTAK. So it's all AVTAK for me!
  • ilove pierceilove pierce Posts: 224MI6 Agent
    I havent heard them all yet but right now my favorite would have to be LALD.
    That song really reminds me of Bond.
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    My favorite theme of all the Bond films is TWINE from Garbage! I really love this song, it has that certain haunting quality to it! And the video for the song was just as haunting!
    This is the only song I have heard from this group. Are any of their other songs like this!?
  • MagicalMeMagicalMe Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    I can't believe some people on here who hate 'Surrender'. It would have to be my favourite hands down. I hope to high heaven that kd lang and David Arnold reunite for the next song. Next are 'Goldeneye'; 'Mister Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'; 'The World Is Not Enough'; 'Nobody Does It Better'; and of course, the classics: 'Goldfinger', 'Thunderball', and 'You Only Live Twice.'
    I feel like I've named almost all of them...
    I hate the abomination of evil (akak DAD), and License to Kill annoys me because after the eleven-note intro, the first two chords are straight out of Goldfinger, but in a different key.
  • cftennisnative36cftennisnative36 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Mine is 'Golfinger' b/c its a classic but I like alot of them esp the newer ones...

and "Surrender" is great (just to say) but I don't like the singer..
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Favourite Movie Theme(s): Nobody Does It Better, GoldenEye, A View To A Kill, Live And Let Die
    Favourite Bond Theme: GoldenEye - ParodiFair
    Favourite Bond Music: Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The music is a major part of my liking of the Bond films! Its what attracted me as a 5 year old to the world of Bond... strange child...
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • JBirdJBird Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Yeah I really love the Parodi Fair versions of the Bond Theme - in fact I just found a video of Starr Parodi playing a solo piano improvisation of the Bond Theme. (www.myspace.com/starrparodi)

She really explores a more sensual/mysterious side of Bond, something a bit different and pretty cool and not bad to look at either.

Has anyone found Parodi Fair's DAD Bond Theme? I've only heard it a couple of times on DAD TV Spots.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    they did a DAD bond theme to? you sure its just not the same one from Goldeneye?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,370Chief of Staff
    Starr Parodi: "After GE, we have done other versions of the theme as well and our music has been featured in some way during the campaigns of all the Bond films since."
  • Alan_moreAlan_more UKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    JBird wrote:
    Has anyone found Parodi Fair's DAD Bond Theme? I've only heard it a couple of times on DAD TV Spots.

Indeed 2 cues one minute long.
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    MagicalMe wrote:
    I can't believe some people on here who hate 'Surrender'. It would have to be my favourite hands down.

Roger that. It's my favorite as well, and SO should've been the opening credits song.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I've always enjoyed TLD.

I will say this, though. Recently I listened to LALD, and it has dropped a bit in my estimation. I realized that there are hardly any words. Catchy tune, neat idea but would have been so awful for McCartney to write a second verse?
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    My favorite Bond theme: OHMSS. Just love the heck out of it. I could listen to it over and over again. Of course I also enjoy the original and title songs like Goldfinger, Thunderball, and LALD. I like them all in their own way, but my favorite would still be OHMSS no matter what.
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,370Chief of Staff
    darenhat wrote:
    Recently I listened to LALD, and it has dropped a bit in my estimation. I realized that there are hardly any words. Catchy tune, neat idea but would have been so awful for McCartney to write a second verse?

Well, it does have a second verse, the passage beginning "What does it matter to you?". That section was written by Linda McCartney btw, hence her credit.
    What it doesn't have is a third verse, since McCartney simply repeats the first one- it surely couldn't have been beyond the world's most successful composer to have come up with a few lines! (He could have worked it out, rather than let it be when he saw it standing there ;%)
    Barbel wrote:
    Well, it does have a second verse, the passage beginning "What does it matter to you?". That section was written by Linda McCartney btw, hence her credit.

I suppose I always considered that portion more of a bridge than an actually verse, since it doesn't follow the normal structure of the song. It's a great bit.

I see the structure like this:
    verse 1 > chorus > bridge > verse 1 > chorus
  • dougie007dougie007 FalkirkPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    IMO it's between OHMSS and LALD. Majestys is SO haunting, it is a true Bond theme. A John Barry classic. LALD - a great way to introduce a new Bond and it links really well with the opening titles.

I see quite a few guys go for TLD - for me, its one of the weaker entries - does anybody else agree?

Its funny how there are a few AVTAK fans out there, me included. The film might not be a favourite, but at least Duran Duran put in a good performance.{[]
    A genuine Felix Leiter - illuminating

Live & Let Die - 1973
    While it's not a 'title' theme, the Pretenders 'Where Has Everybody Gone' is a solid piece. In fact, now that I think of it, I'd have preferred that to TLD for the opening credits.
  • dougie007dougie007 FalkirkPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    While it's not a 'title' theme, the Pretenders 'Where Has Everybody Gone' is a solid piece. In fact, now that I think of it, I'd have preferred that to TLD for the opening credits.

I agree - they should have gone with that one.
    A genuine Felix Leiter - illuminating

Live & Let Die - 1973