Why does everyone hate Stamper

I dont no anyone that likes Stamper can someone tell me why he is so unpopular

Comments

• JLMuenchJLMuench Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    Because he is a typical copy. Note in FYEO, AVTAK, TLD, etc etc they all have some Nazi or KGB steroid busted, killing machine, and it just gets old after a while.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Quoting JLMuench:
    Because he is a typical copy. Note in FYEO, AVTAK, TLD, etc etc they all have some Nazi or KGB steroid busted, killing machine, and it just gets old after a while.

Thats true - look at Zao and Renard. Both are the typical steroid busted killing machine. However both are shown with more emotional depth.

In a fist fight, I'd wet my pants with Stamper - he could easily take anyone down. But the audience never comes up against Stamper, and he has no real physical threat to them. He is a two dimensional character, with not even an attempt to show any real emotions. Even Caver was better then that.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    cos he was just a six foot cardboard cut out, placed in about 4 scenes.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Stamper was a very poor character, who was alot like;

Red Grant
    Hans
    and the others JLMuench mentioned.

So annoying to watch aswell. Adds to the cr*p that is Tomorrow Never Dies.
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    edited September 2003
    Like eeryone has said he is another blonde hard man and not much else. There is very little done to flesh out his character whatsoever. One thing of interest is the statement that Dr Kauffman was, "like a father", even though it is said with no emotion at all. This is wasted idea that could have ben used well, but only serves the purpose to set up a (rather good) one-liner, "Interesting role model".
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited September 2003
    I don't think the character was poor, I just think the actor's performance was poor. Very poor, and very bland. The actor playing Stamper simply did not invigorate me at all.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    He's so boring if you ask me. Not very memorable at all.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    Stamper is my only regret in TND. He should have had a stronger character.
  • JaelleJaelle Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    There's nothing to hate or love. He's just there.
  • Max EMax E In the northPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    What I know, everyone hates DAD, and I´m not gonna ask why...
    You know in America it’s “bling, bling”, but out here it’s “bling, bang”.
  • TobiasTobias Chelmsford UKPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    In a cut scene which i have on my ultimate edition dvd when carver catches one of his henchman asleep on the stealth boat stamper throws him to the floor and stamps on his neck or something i think that is how he got his name
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    I like Stamper there is nothing wrong with him. :)
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Red Grant was a fantastic villain but the whole 'Blonde European Henchman' thing has been
    done to death by now.

Hans - YOLT
    Erik - FYEO
    Necros - TLD
    Stamper - TND
    207qoznfl4.gif