The Living Daylights DVD

Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
edited October 2003 in The James Bond Films
The Living Daylights will finally be re-released in the UK on 3rd November 2003. Go to www.play.com and preorder your copy. No mention of the Sam Neill audition in the blurb though !

That day will also see the entire DVD set re-re-released ;) in a tin box as well, priced at £169.99
YNWA 97

Comments

• Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    This is good news. I will finally be able to see The Living Daylights on DVD.

For a direct link to the DVD of The Living Daylights click on the link below.
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=5919

For a direct link to the entire DVD set re-released click on the link below.
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=comingsoon&r=R2&title=0&id=0&adudisc=y&cpage=26&0b=date
  • Captain NashCaptain Nash Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Quoting Sir Miles:
    The Living Daylights will finally be re-released in the UK on 3rd November 2003. Go to www.play.com and preorder your copy. No mention of the Sam Neill audition in the blurb though !
    The withdrawal of The Living Daylights had nothing to do with the Sam Neill test..this is one of those urban legends that were passed off as reality. It was withdrawn due to licencing issues in the UK which would appear to have been resolved.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    The withdrawal of TLD didn't affect me, as funnily enough I found a copy in the local DVD store when the 19 films were released last christmas. I guess I was lucky...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
    Quoting Captain Nash:
    The withdrawal of The Living Daylights had nothing to do with the Sam Neill test..this is one of those urban legends that were passed off as reality. It was withdrawn due to licencing issues in the UK which would appear to have been resolved.

I knew that Cpt Nash, as Eon said themselves that it was due to a licensing problem - BTW, how did they overlook that one ? I just found it rather strange that there is no mention of the screentest on the extras.
    YNWA 97
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Quoting Sir Miles:
    I just found it rather strange that there is no mention of the screentest on the extras.
    The screentests are shown as part of Inside The Living Daylights documentary - that's what's listed in the extras. I would imagine anything that's shown as part of a larger extra wouldn't get a mention of it's own.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
    Quoting Moonraker 5:
    The screentests are shown as part of Inside The Living Daylights documentary - that's what's listed in the extras. I would imagine anything that's shown as part of a larger extra wouldn't get a mention of it's own.

Once again M5 is on hand to wallop my backside and put me straight ;) It is a while since I watched these DVD's - at least a couple of years, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D
    YNWA 97
  • LukeLuke USAPosts: 99MI6 Agent
    edited October 2003
    The US is getting the relelease in about a month, as the next two box sets come out in november. We get it around the 19th I believe.
    It's all right. It's quite all right, really. She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see. We have all the time in the world.
  • jjmacjjmac Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    I can happily say, that the Living Daylights DVD has already been re-released in Oz after a fair hiatus. It does include the Sam Neill test in the doco - so i really cannot see what changed.

I can't believe they didnt have licensing for their own material???

J
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Does anybody know of a version of TLD that includes an unedited version of the sequence with Virginia Hey? I hate censorship. I have the R2 Special Edition version, and an old VHS copy, both of whom have panned and scanned the sequence where Bond rips off her shirt to distract Pushkin's bodyguard. For the cinema release in 87, they did nothing to preserve ms Hey's modesty, but they seem to have been very coy when it comes to Video and DVD releases.
  • TobiasTobias Chelmsford UKPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    tHATS eNGLAND FOR YOU ALLWAYS CENSORING THINGS AND BANNING FILMS