Connery's Head

Comments

• SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Sorry for the delay in putting these up! I see you have already linked to them, but I will put them on the site anyway as it's such a great piece. Looks like it is coming on fantastically.

seanconnery-bust.jpgseanconnery-bust2.jpgseanconnery-bust3.jpgseanconnery-bust4.jpgseanconnery-bust5.jpg
    Simon
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Check out this site:

http://www.howardsstudios.com

His sculptures are awsome. Perhaps some of us can pool our money to commission another Bond bust. Perhaps, Moore or Brosnan.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    For those of you interested in the bust of Connery, castings are being made now. Let me know if you want one.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    Connery has been cast! Soon I will have him in my hot little hands. Check it out here:

http://www.howardsstudios.com/pics/FinalS2.JPG
    http://www.howardsstudios.com/pics/FinalS.JPG
    http://www.howardsstudios.com/pics/FinalS3.JPG

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Looks great! Especially like the juxtaposition of "The Price is Right" in the background.

Though other Bonds have been suggested, I'd personally like to have a bust of Fleming. Something akin to having a bust of a great composer on your piano.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    The last bust sold. Here is the link to another one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=5907965996&rd=1

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Hi Donald,

Are you going to show us your bust when it's been painted and finished?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Chewie15 (Howard) does great work....if anyone is interested in this piece they can go straight to Howard's site to order one...I will post the site later today....
    Here is the site to order it directly:

http://www.howardsstudios.com/

GREAT sculpt, GREAT price, right from the artist himself...what more could you want?
    Mantis,

I commissioned this bust, which was costly, and if you look at the previous posts, you'll see that I put a link to Howard's site prior to your posting. Howard and I are on the same page with respect to these Busts.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Also,

If any of you are intersted in this bust you can contact either myself or Howard if I haven't already made it perfectly clear. It makes no difference which of us you order it from. Just don't miss out on this awsome piece. As soon as I have one painted I'll post pictures. It's in the works right now and will be replete with glass eyes for ultra realism. I can't wait!

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    No disrespect intended. I posted the above because I had not read through the entitre thread and did not know if Howard's site was posted. In addition this way members of the board could buy rather than bid for this amazing piece......now if someone would just make a Brosnan.......
    Mantis,

I have been contacted by several members of this board with respect to the Connery bust, and have informed them the price of the bust as well as the arrangement between myself and Howard. So far not too many board members have wanted a Connery bust. I post the links to the Ebay auctions so members can see what the busts go for on the open market. Again, Howard is aware of every one that has been on Ebay as well as the ones that others have purchased.

As for a Pierce Brosnan bust, why don't you pony up the money and commission one? I have thought of it but I'd like to at least break even on Connery before I jump in. Howard has also said that we could also pool our monies to commission other pieces, but so far other board members have expressed little interest.

My interest in Bond is a pure one. I've collected Bond for most of my life, and I am now 39 years old. I will never sell a piece in my collection. The pieces I make or commission are pieces that I've always wanted, but that no one else has come up with. I try hard to get things rite and accurate. How about you?

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Superado,

As soon as I have pictures of the painted Connery, I'll post them. I can't wait.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    I would be happy to be a partner with you in commissioning a Brosnan head. I am 36 years old, a president of a pharmaceutical marketing company and I too pay attention to detail....here is a web site a friend did for me if you want more information:
    http://www.freewebs.com/zaritsky/
    Mantis,

As I said, at this time I have to finish trying to offset my cost for the Connery bust before I entertain another one. But, I'd be happy to buy one of the Brosnan castings if you commission it. As for me, I'm a licensed troubleshooter.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Here is a link to another Connery bust on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5911403505

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    I've sent pictures to Sico of the painted bust of Connery replete with glass eyes to post. The artist did a fantastic job. It looks awsome, and I should have him in my hot liitle hands shortly. If you are a Connery man or woman don't miss out on this one!

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Here are the latest images and it looks fantastic. It's a really nice job.

connerybust-painted-front.jpgconnerybust-painted-left.jpgconnerybust-painted-right.jpg
    Simon
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Wow -spookily real looking! Fantastic job.
  • james _bond_ fanjames _bond_ fan Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    yes very spooky, would be a shock in the middle of the night if you forgot he was there !!! Shining glass eyes as well !!!!!!!!! haha
    What an excellent job !
    I'm glad you all like it. Between Howard the sculptor, and Steve the painter, they really knocked it out of the park. I can't wait to start putting the mannequin together.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Wow! I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw that! I'm still poor, but I'm tempted to buy one and mount it on a plaque, complete with the legend: Looks like you're not so clever after all, eh, Mr. Bond? --Goldfinger :))
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I got him today, and he looks awsome. It's even better close up. Hardyboy, just say the word, and I can have him to you by next week.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Be careful Hardyboy, with me, "no" did mean "yes" :)) I took the plunge myself, but I am far from the results that we've just seen. That is fantastic Donald, you almost expect to see hair in the nostrils!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    Superado,

If you want, I can put you in touch with my painter. He's willing to do others. Thanks for the compliment, but it's not over yet. I still have to spend more money on a mannequin, clothing etc. What the heck, there are worse ways to spend money and besides it's so darn cool. I'll have a full size Connery in my study.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Thanks for the offer, Donald, but in view of my budget (because of my addiction to other collectibles!) I will brave it out and try to call out all my skills as a craftsman! I will be limiting my Connery rendition to a bust that will be cut off at mid-chest, with the right hand and part of the right arm. I have been researching on different methods of rendering realistic skin and hair on 1:1 figures through paint, and I have a brand new fancy airbrush that’s been unused for 5 years that I should finally get some practice on. I’ve been buying pieces for my bust here and there, including used tuxedo items (shirt, jacket and bowtie). I already have an LP53, which is a clue to what pose I am trying to do. Hopefully I can have something to show you all in a few months rather than years (some of my modeling projects have spanned many many years)!
  • gregtrobertsongregtrobertson Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    Thats amazing Donald, are you going to use the grey suit from GF? That would be a classic Bond.

Also are you planning to do Brosnan, Moore any time soon? :)