Roger looks strange in AVTAK

2»

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,695MI6 Agent
    Firemass wrote:
    I didn;'t think that it was really anti-AVTAK, especially coming from you, Firemass! :))

well, in my early days of AJB I was heavily influenced by popular opinion that AVTAK was the worst Bond film.
    So I honestly never even gave the film a chance, until a couple years ago when I forced myself to re-watch it and was sort of stunned by how great it was. This might actually be the best Roger Moore Bond I thought to myself!
    Amen, Firemass! :007)

Yes, Amen. Let it be so, brothers. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BodieBodie Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Rog looked liked he'd been embalmed.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    He sure did! :))
    Bodie wrote:
    Rog looked liked he'd been embalmed.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "If you can't say anything nice, Then don't say anything at all "
    One of Sir Roger's quotes. What a gentelman. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,695MI6 Agent

Agreed - as I always say, Roger Moore is the Last of the Gentleman Spies. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Agreed!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    I don't think he looked all that old But I do remember he
    had his Mole removed, Many have suggested he also had
    a little "Laughter lines" removal from around the eyes.

I noticed on the VHS cover his mole is intact:

view_VHS.jpg
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Firemass wrote:
    I don't think he looked all that old But I do remember he
    had his Mole removed, Many have suggested he also had
    a little "Laughter lines" removal from around the eyes.

I noticed on the VHS cover his mole is intact:

view_VHS.jpg

That photo looks like it is from the Octopussy 1982-83 era, though. It's weird seeing that, it's like the LALD DVD that has an image from Octopussy of Moore with a gun like the one posted here on the AVTAK cover. Strange. Look at the LALD DVD and you'll see the image from Octopussy on there in the load-up pictures.
    edited March 2013
    I was just reading some of the mixed reviews archived on wikipedia:

Lawrence O'Toole of Maclean's believed it was one of the series' best entries. "Of all the modern formulas in the movie industry, the James Bond series is among the most pleasurable and durable. Lavish with their budgets, the producers also bring a great deal of craft, wit and a sense of fun to the films. Agent 007 is like an old friend whom an audience meets for drinks every two years or so; he regales them with tall tales, winking all the time. The 15th and newest Bond epic, A View to a Kill, is an especially satisfying encounter. Opening with a breathtaking ski chase in Siberia, A View to a Kill is the fastest Bond picture yet. Its pace has the precision of a Swiss watch and the momentum of a greyhound on the track. There is a spectacular chase up and down the Eiffel Tower and through Paris streets, which Bond finishes in a severed car on just two wheels. But none of the action prepares the viewer for the heart-stopping climax with Zorin's dirigible tangled in the cables on top of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge." And although O'Toole believed that Moore was showing his age in the role, "there are plenty of tunes left in his violin. James Bond is still a virtuoso, with a licence to thrill."[28]

Brian J. Arthurs of The Beach Reporter said it was the worst film of the Bond series.[22] C. Pea of the Time Out Film Guide said, "Grace Jones is badly wasted."[29] Norman Wilner of MSN chose it as the worst Bond film,[30] while IGN picked as the fourth worst,[31] and Entertainment Weekly as the fifth worst.[32]

Bond historian John Brosnan believed A View to a Kill was Moore's best Bond entry. He said Moore looked in better shape than the previous Bond film, Octopussy. Brosnan especially admired the dirigible finale.[33]
    My current 10 favorite:

• ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    Yeah I believe those were from the OP photoshoots in Germany... correct me if I'm wrong!
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
    "That photo looks like it is from the Octopussy 1982-83 era, though. It's weird seeing that, it's like the LALD DVD that has an image from Octopussy of Moore with a gun like the one posted here on the AVTAK cover. Strange. Look at the LALD DVD and you'll see the image from Octopussy on there in the load-up pictures."

SM, I couldn't find the LALD DVD to which you were referring. However, I will say that the LALD VHS has the coolest cover of them all:

20120429154254753_0093.jpg

Also note the Octopussy VHS cover has a mirror image of Roger with the mole on the other side:

vhsjbcus_OC_1.jpg

Not sure what year that photo is from but it looks like 1977-79. I don't recall any Hind Gunships in Octopussy either. (unfortunately)
    My current 10 favorite:

Yeah I believe those were from the OP photoshoots in Germany... correct me if I'm wrong!

This looks like it...

octupussy2_lg.jpg
    My current 10 favorite:

Firemass wrote:

This looks like it...

octupussy2_lg.jpg

Brilliant photo of Roger Moore as Bond with the Brandenburg gate in the background.

No, Firemass, I'm talkng about when you have the DVD select screen up on your TV screen - not the actual LALD DVD cover. Have a look at the 2006 Ultimate Edition DVDs - you will see an Octopussy photo of Bond in the circles that pass by showing characters from the film on the DVD Menu Screen.
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    The Dove wrote:
    When you're nearly 60 years old and they pile makeup on your face and color your hair, you start to look a little funny. Just look at old people who don't want to admit that they are WAY past their prime, people like Elizabeth Taylor and, oh yeah, Roger Moore still (see Boat Trip, wait, no, please DON'T see Boat Trip. It is too sad for us to see Roger in such a pathetic movie at 105 years old.)

I know your'e American, but you do speak English so spell colour the right way.
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill