How often do you watch Bond?

I was thinking the other day when I was watching TSWLM, how often do other Bond fans watch a bond movie in a week or a month. Me personally I try to watch a Bond movie every month or two.

Thnx, let me hear your thoughts.

Comments

• NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    I try to watch a Bond film at least every two weeks if I'm able! I'd like to actually get back to watching a Bond film every Sunday evening, but with work and all, it's hard to!
  • rockonrockon Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    every night before i go to bed....seriously
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,761Chief of Staff
    I was thinking about this the other day, other than Die Another Day I don't think I've seen a Bond film the whole way through for about 4 years. I've seen bits and pieces of the ones shown on telly - an hour at most - but not all of it.
    YNWA 97
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    I sometimes watch one on a Saturday morning when the wife has gone to work and I'm home alone -but since the weather has got better -I've been getting some fresh air and have been topping up my tan - so it's been about a month now, and then I watched TND and TWINE back to back! :)
  • Walther PPKWalther PPK Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    I would say I watch Bond every few weeks, with usally about two each month, it usally depends on what I feel like watching movie or TV wise.
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    mmm on average i'd say I watch 1 ever 2-3 days.

When I first got the complete collection, i was watching about 4 a day for several weeks.

:)
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    Lately I've been watching my Bond DVD's every Sunday night. The TV networks here in Oz have stopped screening their usual "Sunday Night Blockbuster Movies" so I've made a concious effort to reacquaint myself with 007!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • Stromberg1Stromberg1 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    I try to watch them as much as possible, but I've been consumed with so many other things lately that I haven't seen a Bond movie in months, shame on me. This summer I'm watching every Bond movie in order for twenty days straight, one a day.
  • KissKissBangBangKissKissBangBang Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    When I watch one, I end up watching all my favorites, so I'd have to say about six a month.
  • The BaronThe Baron Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I would say about 3 a month, but when I have free time, or a day off to myself, Its on! Marathon Time.
  • xxxsabrinaxxxxxxsabrinaxxx Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    uuummm I go through phases. I sometimes won't watch them for ages, but when I do I watch one a night for like a week! I also pick up a bond novel when I'm not reading anything else, so hes never that far away...
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    At the moment, I'm sparing myself for a marathon, during which I'll rewatch all the movies and take notes on some issues I need for my research. It's gonna be a killer!
    has anyone here actually sat down and watched them all in one marathon??
    I think the most i've watched was 6 in a row
    I started with FRWL-YOLT-OHMSS-LALD-FYEO-TMWTHGG
    Quoting The Baron:

were you sick of it my that point though? I mean I wonder if its actually physically possible to watch them all!? lol
  • GrimReaperGrimReaper Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Quoting The Baron:

Did you get tired or just couldn't watch another one.
    I think at that point I simply couldnt watch another one.
    Quoting The Baron:
    I think at that point I simply couldnt watch another one.

see this is my theory. my friend ben and I have kinda bonded (no pun intended!) over our love for bond films. we decided that one day we were going to sit down and watch them all. he thinks it can be done, but I think I would get really sick of it after a while
    I enjoy all the films dont get me wrong, but you can compare that to eating your favorite meal for 20 straight meals.
    Quoting The Baron:
    I enjoy all the films dont get me wrong, but you can compare that to eating your favorite meal for 20 straight meals.

good analogy
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    You and your friend should do a one-each-night marathon. It's much more enjoyable. I did only one marathon in my lifetime, and it was watching the three Godfather movies in a row. It was 9 hours... I sat it through and it ended at the right place and was great fun. But I would have killed myself were there a fourth episode.
  • I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent
    I have got around 12 of the DVDs and I tend to watch the various special features on these more than the films. I have seen the films many times and, whilst I still very much enjoy them, I try to make sure I don't get too familiar with them as it may spoil the enjoyment.
    The DVDs are great though. Some have better docs than others but all are pretty generously produced, with interesting commentaries also. DVDs I would recommend are DAD, TWINE, TB and GF.
  • PoonrakerPoonraker Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Well, my goal is to watch every Bond movie by summer's end. I was trying for one movie a week, but I have kicked things up a notch. This weekend alone I've watched 4.

It wouldn't have been that much, but Blockbuster has this great deal. I figure I will have seen all of them by the end of the month.
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    I used to watch Bond movies everyday, in order (from DNO to DAD) but for now i'm just resting a little to start again...
  • SeansGalSeansGal Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    I usually watch one every 2-3 days. Sometimes
    I watch it straight, and sometimes with the
    director's commentaries. I tend to watch
    DN FRWL GF and YOLT the most often.
    I don't own the Dalton films... though I watch
    them on tv when they're shown. Ditto most of
    the Moore films.
    I am glued to the set when they show the marathons on Spike or TBS for some reason.
  • I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent
    It's funny, but many of the Bond regulars talk of the production team and actors as being like 'one big family', and initially I thought that that was just goodwill, with no real truth in it. Having watched a fair number of the docs on the DVDs, listened to the commentaries etc. I have to say that I think that atmosphere WAS genuine and to an extent still exists today. Terence Young and Ken Adam are always popping up with an intersting anecdote and come across as very likeable guys. The same is true for Vic Armstrong and David Arnold nowadays. I know this isn't directly linked to the thread but I think it's an important point about the Bond legacy - these people are true fans of the charachter and will always give 100%. Ok, some of the movies are better than others, but I think that generally with this team behind the films, the Bond legacy is in safe hands.

Just a quick final point on the Patrick Macnee docs, I agree that they are excellent, but does anyone have any idea why John Barry appears on them so infrequently?
  • zebondzebond DolletPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    I would guess because he only appears where the soundtrack was very good for that movie. I enjoy watching the 'Inside" documentarys and the 'making ofs' and all that as well.
    Back to the original post- I watch a Bond film whenever I get the extra time, some times I do fests, sometimes in random order. Just whenever I feel like it. And sometimes I feel like watching more action packed ones while at other times I enjoy the more somber ones like OHMSS and TWINE.
    "Guns make me nervous!"
  • Bond_JamesBond_James Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    I watch one every week to keep up to date
  • doubleohdoubleoh Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Having seen each film at least 4 X, maybe twice a year...usually at night...and only if there's nothing better else to do. I usually only gear up for FRWL, TB, YOLT (excellent score),OHMSS, TSWLM, LTK & TND. I wonder which football team Bond supports? Since he lives in the outskirts of Chelsea I hope it wouldn't be the Blues or Tottenham...Arsenal perhaps?
  • DominoDomino Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Every night before I go to bed (usually a Dalton or Connery) and sometimes have marathons (about 7 movies)