John Gardner james bond novels.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have copies of john gardners 007 books specially made for me as i don't want to buy them of the internet(amazon)?

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    And I can't buy them on the internet... Thanx, Hungary! And thanx, embargo! Come on, I pay anything...

Now as for you problem, royale53... What do you exactly mean by 'specially made for you?'
  • royale53royale53 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Well what i meant was to ask the publisher to make a one off book just for me.
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    edited February 2005
    Quoting royale53:

Firstly a publisher wouldn't produce just one book -and secondly even if they did -it would be more expensive than purchasing from Amazon.

However if you want Gardner books in any shape or form I reccomend you use www.abebooks.co.uk

They deal in second hand books and have them ranging from different prices. some are paperback some are hard, and sometimes you can find signed first editions. abe books are excellent and can be trusted. I have used them several times, and have always been pleased with the results. :)
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited February 2005
    Quoting royale53:

That won't happen.The publishers will want you to buy their books just like everybody else.But if you'd rather not shop online or via the mail you might consider checking your local public and university library book sales.You can often find some nice editions of all kinds of stuff in good conditions and at bargain prices.

For example,I once found an excellent copy of one of Gardner's Boysie Oakes adventure novels for only 10 cents.Too good to ignore...:)
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    I just saw you live in Wales... Well, there's a start. Go to used book shops, I'm sure you'll find Gardner... I'll look up my used book shops as well and we'll do a race, who found more. :D
    I checked my local bookshops and the only 007 books by john gardner that i have are icebreaker, seafire, no deals mr bond, death is forever and scorpius.
    Waterstone's you must be joking. As far as i know they're all out of print.
  • James PageJames Page Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    You can buy Gardner's first three 007 titles in a newly republished paperback omnibus edition.

Paperback 270 pages (January 5, 2004)
    Publisher: Coronet Books
    ISBN: 0340830840

If you don't want to buy books off the internet (depsite AbeBooks being excellent) then you'll probably be in for many fruitless searches in second hand bookshops.
    Thanks to the replys to my original message i'm sending of for Brokenclaw and Win, Lose or Die.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    James Page wrote:
    You can buy Gardner's first three 007 titles in a newly republished paperback omnibus edition.

Paperback 270 pages (January 5, 2004)
    Publisher: Coronet Books
    ISBN: 0340830840

If you don't want to buy books off the internet (depsite AbeBooks being excellent) then you'll probably be in for many fruitless searches in second hand bookshops.

I know this was years ago but I never heard of the omnibus.
    Can anyone fill me in about it?
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,737MI6 Agent
    Ebay is your friend.
  • SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    http://commanderbond.net/article/2235
    commanderbond is a better friend.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The only Gardner book i was missing was Cold/coldfall which I've just orderd from amazon,and not having any of the R Benson Books i ordered the set. So plenty of reading for me this summer.:D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Just finnished Coldfall this morning and rather enjoyed it some of gardners novels have been IMHO poor but at least this one gave Bond a good plot to foil.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,669Chief of Staff
    Just finnished Coldfall this morning and rather enjoyed it some of gardners novels have been IMHO poor but at least this one gave Bond a good plot to foil.

You know - I'd love to get the hours back that I spent reading this one. You are one of the very few people to like/enjoy Cold - (nothing wrong with that though) for me, it's an aptly titled book !
    It appears (for me at least) that he needed to produce another book to finish his contract - and quickly - while in poor health. It's a weak plot, weak villian and all done before (and better) in Icebreaker.
    YNWA 97