Young Bond

I am holding a survey of how the Young Bond films should be made, if you could give me your views it would be much appreciated! Do you think the film should go directly by the book? Do you think the film should have an older actor such as Orlando Bloom for instance? Do you think the film should be in anyway related to original Bond? Thanks

Sam!

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    edited April 2005
    How they should be made? For my two cents, they shouldn't be made, certainly not with Orlando Bloom.
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Quoting sampile2005:
    I am holding a survey of how the Young Bond films should be made, if you could give me your views it would be much appreciated! Do you think the film should go directly by the book? Do you think the film should have an older actor such as Orlando Bloom for instance? Do you think the film should be in anyway related to original Bond? Thanks

Sam!

Er....DUH! Don't make the god damn things, not a soul wants them!
    edited April 2005
    Quoting i expect u2 die:
    Er....DUH! Don't make the god damn things, not a soul wants them!

Give up, ieu2d! You can't battle the mighty forces of filmmaking! Young James Bond will be done even if not one soul is intrested! :))

BTW, at the all time low of Bond creativity, I find this survey some what cheeky.
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Quoting sampile2005:

Sam!

No need to be quite so rude ieu2d ...

The truth is, Eon Productions, UA/MGM and Danjaq hold the rights to use James Bond on the screen.

Silverfin and the other Young Bond books are copyright of Ian Fleming Publications, an entirely separate literary entity that has nothing to do with Eon, Danjaq and UA/MGM.

In the highly unlikely event that the rights to the Young Bond series of films were to be taken up by Eon then Eon would be able to use the James Bond name, image, iconography etc. But this would certainly dilute their Bond brand ...

The confusion has all come about due to the fact that it is being published in the US by Miramax Books. Miramax Films have nothing to do with it. Were another production company to license the use of Silverfin and the other four books in the series, I could see a long court battle over content and who owns the rights to use "James Bond". It wouldn't be pretty, and you wouldn't see a Young Bond for many years ...
    Quoting Predator:
    No need to be quite so rude ieu2d ...

Heh, my apologies. I've had a headache all day and not slept since friday (been busy...)
    When I first saw the post I thought it might be potential producers looking for our opinion :s
  • Nikolai_Diavolo 05Nikolai_Diavolo 05 Posts: 125MI6 Agent
    To the book? yes.
    Related to original Bond? no.
    Older actor? No!
    As long as they don't do anything stupis like Orlando Bloom, Frankie Muniz (Agent Faggy Banks) or Aaron Carter (Sweet Pesus, NOT HIM!!!) Than I'd probably go see it.
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Well I just read an article in the local paper about the potential young Bond comics, and I say, NO NO NO NONO!!! It made me heat up and feel dizzy with dread, no joke!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited April 2005
    Why not?Young Bond can fight the Young Goldfinger and the Young Oddjob,and outwit the child version of Blofeld.Maybe even beat up the Young Red Grant,Young Hugo Drax and Young Emilio Largo just for his own personal amusement.Young "Q" can provide him with all kinds of nonlethal gadgets, and two Young "Ms"(a boy and a girl)can try to boss him around while Young Miss Moneypenny attempts to kiss him.

The story possibilities are endless...
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited April 2005
    Quoting SiameseFightingFish:
    Quoting Willie Garvin:
    Why not?Young Bond can fight the Young Goldfinger and the Young Oddjob,and outwit the child version of Blofeld.Maybe even beat up the Young Red Grant,Young Hugo Drax and Young Emilio Largo just for his own personal amusement.Young "Q" can provide him with all kinds of nonlethal gadgets, and two Young "Ms"(a boy and a girl)can try to boss him around while Young Miss Moneypenny attempts to kiss him.

Eek! If I want that kind of box-office drivel, I would just watch Little Rascals...

Drivel?Nonsense.This sounds exactly like what the women who run Ian Fleming Publications would love.They should be paying me for these innovative ideas.I can visualise them clapping their hands in glee at my suggestions.No longer would James Bond be killing people,gambling and making love to various international beauties in those horrid novels Uncle Ian wrote.The new and improved James Bond would be non threatening and no longer aggressive--the kind of child all the kids in the reading audience could more easily relate to.Someone parents would be proud to have their kids read about--a great role model(if something of a scamp).Also the bright young child Ian always meant to be writing about anyway before all those dreadful adventure stories got in the way.A James Bond whose books all feature moral lessons.

Just wait,eventually we'll also be seeing a group of books about James Bond when he was a very young child and long before he became a boy.Maybe some espionage and earth- threatening adventures set in the nursery.Or in his mother's womb...
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Quoting Willie Garvin:
    Quoting Willie Garvin:
    Quoting Willie Garvin:
    Quoting Willie Garvin:

Eek! If I want that kind of box-office drivel, I would just watch Little Rascals...

Drivel?Nonsense.This sounds exactly like what the women who run Ian Fleming Publications would love.They skould be paying me for these innovative suggestions.

Just wait,eventually we'll be seeing a group of books about James Bond when he was a very young child and long before he became a boy.Maybe some espionage and earth- threatening adventures set in the nursery...

Sounds like Johnny Quest meets the Muppet Babies.

I know I'll get a lot of flack for this, but I actually enjoy "origin stories" WHEN they are done with respect: I did like Young Sherlock Holmes and the young Indy adventures. For me, it is interesting to see a different side of the character, to explore the reasons why they became who they are without having the adult version go into some soul searching period of melodrama which is not at all in character. Plus, it's just fun to see my favorite characters on new adventures.

So, if they are going to do a Young James Bond series, I'm fine: the work so far with Silverfin seems to be respectful to the literary tradition and it doesn't sound like anyone (least of all Eon) wants a repeat of the James Bond Jr. fiasco.
    Quoting Willie Garvin:

This ingenious idea simply cries out the only possible soution... FANFIC!

My proposition:

'The children at Bond's class are bullied by a foreing exchange student, Aristotale Kristatos. It's up to Bond to stop him!'

Uhm...

See kids? That's the reason why I don't write novels... 8-)
  • MBE_MBE_ USAPosts: 266MI6 Agent
    edited April 2005
    Young Bond in the books is 13 years old. Orlando Bloom, his inability to grow chest hair aside, is about 15 years too old for that role.

MBE
    And his inability to grow, at all...
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Don;t forget, this will be exactly like James Bond Jr., except in real life. Ugh.
  • Nikolai_Diavolo 05Nikolai_Diavolo 05 Posts: 125MI6 Agent
    You know who'd be the perfect young Bond? ME!! lol. Really, besides me, and I doubt I'll be disscovered, there really is no one out there who can do it without disgracing the Bond franchise.
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    There is a small article in this month's 'Total Film' saying that Orlando Bloom IS in the frame to play a young James Bond in an adap. of 'Silverfin'.
    Good thing about this is that it would rule him out of playing Bond in the official series. Bad thing is that having another big budget Bond series on the go would surely threaten the official franchise.
    I thought the conclusion was that there would not be any films about the Young Bond, it said in my local paper that it was just comics.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    While terrorism is a bad thing, if they do decide to make this movie, especially with Orlando Bloom, could we go and bomb the set?
    Quoting Nightshooter:
    While terrorism is a bad thing, if they do decide to make this movie, especially with Orlando Bloom, could we go and bomb the set?

'One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter', maybe we could use that excuse?
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    I don't think it would be proper to have a Young James Bond film released...anyway if they're gonna do it, I'll be sending my photos to the producers, they might choose me over Orlando Bloom or all that other contenders with nothing else than fame.
  • Le_Chiffre_07Le_Chiffre_07 Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    I seriously don't think there should be YB films. Stormbreaker didn't make a prfoit. (ONLY $500,000 in America, I read:o. Shame Really?) I heard abou a video game being made ?:) Someone help me on that PLZ but could you imagine the length oif the films if they were mande. 2 and a half at least. I personally don't want those films to be made... but who would play Bond??????????????