Single favorite Scene

Comments

• WOOD AlexWOOD Alex Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    The opening of TWINE:

Bond, against all odds, manages to escape from the Spanish building unscathed. Then, once back in London, participates in one hell of a boat chase across the river Thames.

For me, the best pre-title sequence a Bond film has ever produced.
  • NatalyaNatalya Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Goldeneye.

The Natalya and Bond beach scene.
  • legomyegolegomyego Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    it would have to be the first time you see james bond in dr.no! when hes payin poker.
  • gumboldsgumbolds Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    In FYEO when Bond kills Locque.
    "Fill her up please!" and the whole PTS in Octopussy.
    In Living Daylights, when Bond follows Kara in Bratislava, I always liked that part.
  • Sean Connery JB007Sean Connery JB007 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    vanguard wrote:
    For Your Eyes Only - Bond climbs the face of St. Cyriles meanwhile Apostis (sic) clambers down the side knocking out the picks one at a time. Bond shows that it takes more than gadgets to survive as he unlaces his bootlace and gets up in time to dispatch with Apostis in the nick of time. That this climb and fall was done with a real stunt man on the mountain is a tribute to an age that is sadly mostly passed.
    Bond shows that it takes more than gadgets to survive...

Yeah, an incredibly stupid villain who rather risks his life to kick out the pitons than simply cut the rope and let Bond fall to his death.

As for the reason of this thread, my favorite scene, although there are many to chose from, has to be Bond's introduction in Dr. No. Everytime I see it, I can't help but saying "Wow! What an incredible moment!"
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Naomi winking at Bond from her helicopter as she's trying to kill him is my favorite!

Because seeing Caroline Munro wink like that, is just soooooo sultry! ;)
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Naomi winking at Bond from her helicopter as she's trying to kill him is my favorite!

Because seeing Caroline Munro wink like that, is just soooooo sultry! ;)

Unbelievable! I would never have guessed your single favorite scene would have included Naomi. ;) Nice choice, definitely one of my favorite TSWLM moments as well.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • wet nelliewet nellie Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    edited December 2005
    I have many: TWINE PTS, TB PTS, TSWLM PTS, FRWL PTS, FRWL train fight, first "Bond, James Bond" in DN while smoking. But when I think of Bond, I immediately think of two particular scenes from GF: Connery casually standing in his white tux as there are explosions all around him - he seems almost bored with all the excitement; and the "shocking, positively shocking" line. Classic.
  • TOOTSTOOTS Posts: 114MI6 Agent
    Very difficult but....

The
    "Sinds you are 'ere, would you mind giving somezing to pude on?"
    Scene

ALWAYS gets me.

Hmmmm
  • TOOTSTOOTS Posts: 114MI6 Agent
    Very difficult but....

The
    "Sinds you are 'ere, would you mind giving somezing to pude on?"
    Scene

ALWAYS gets me.

Hmmmm
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    edited December 2005
    I love the cable car scene from jaws eating the cable to fighting with bond to crashing into the building. makes me laugh everytime and the way jaws comes down in the cable car and gestures more power not thinking that hes gonna crash into the building.but like people have commented before moonraker was the film to ruin jaws, but the cable car scene as got to be the worst bond as had to deal
    with jaws.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    when Bond uses the mounted rocket lanucher aboard Carver's stealth boat in TNDs
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited December 2005
    One of my favorites was in DAF when Bond identified Wint and Kidd as villains. Not only did it lead to a cool fight scene, the way Bond did it (by asking a wine quetsion that they failed) was Bond at his most suave.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • 00-T00-T Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Favorite scene?
    There are than one, of course, but this one is really great:
    OHMSS-Bond escapes from Piz Gloria. Great atmosphere, great background music
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    in LALD When Bond kills a lot of voodoo members with the powerful magnum 44....dambala, the baron samedi's dummy among others...classic.
  • cdsdsscdsdss JakartaPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    There are many, but off the top of my head:

In GE, the steambath fight with Xenia ending with his holding the PPK on her: "No, no, no. No more foreplay." He cocks the gun. "Take me to Janus."

Awesome scene--violent and sexy. Brosnan is suave and tough at the same time. It's the sort of scene Connery would have done and Moore and Dalton couldn't have pulled off. At that moment, I knew the franchise was in good hands with the new Bond.
  • Shadow85Shadow85 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Has to be the PTS of Goldeneye. It was so well done I just love it. Best PTS and best scene ever in a Bond movie.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    The water ski scene in LTK. That is totally outrageous. But, I don't like TImothy Dalton so, it isn't sooo great, but it is still pretty cool.
  • deliciousdelicious SydneyPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    The car chase in TSWLM which ends with Bond's white car diving into the sea. "Alone at last" says Bond to Anya/XXX. Marvin Hamlish's dreamy music combines with the beauty of the undersea world to create the most romantic and magical scene of all the Bond films. Ahhhhh....
  • NeedsaLeiterNeedsaLeiter Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    There have been sooo many great scenes, I can't pick one, but, these are some of the best:

The opening scene in DN. No explanation needed.
    Honey emerging from the water was another brilliant moment, Along with this comment: Honey: Are you lookinng for shells?
    Bond: No.....just looking. Utterly hilarious. It was a perfect entrance for a bond girl.

In my opinion, and I'm sure in most peoples opinion, the best fight scene in the history of bond is between Bond, and Grant in FRWL. Great acting on Conneys and Shaws account. And, if I recall correctly, both actors refused doubles.

Bond: Do you expect me to talk? Goldfinger: No, mr bond,I expect you to die. No, you can't argue; one of the defining moments of the series. Pitty all Felix does in this one is eat Chicken, and pretend to be dead.

Ah, yes. The Rio scene in MR. After a tranformation from clown to evil, Silver plated assasin, Bond and Jaws exchange smiles, as if to say "I haven't seen you in a while, old advesary. I suppose were going at it again". All of the Jaws fights are good, but this one is exeptionaly good.

And, finally, Saunders' death in TLD. When I saw Saunders' die, I really felt for the man. This was also one of the few moments Bond loses his cool; the chase scene was great. Gunshots going off added a touch as well(actually, did Bond fire the PPK? I haven't seen it in ages). Later on in the movie, Necros pleads for his life on the cargo net, but Bond remembers his killing of Saunders....no remorse.
  • cdsdsscdsdss JakartaPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    This may have been noted already, but the scene in DAD when Bond, in tattered pajamas and a Robinson Crusoe beard strides into the Hong Kong hotel and asks for his usual suite. That scene made the movie...
  • NathanFrostNathanFrost Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    I have to say Alec Vs James on the dish,just a good battle,or the end batle in TSWLM,brilliant.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    This is a great thread and thanks to everybody for posting your favorite scenes, just great selections, it reminds me why I love Bond so much.

Very difficult to pick one scene, most iconic has to be the opening of Dr No. The introduction of the character is classic.

Best action sequence I take the TWINE PTS, Bond's dead serious remark "I'm giving you the chance to walk out with your life" uttered with complete confidence and coolness by Brosnan.

Best fight Grant and Bond in FRWL.

Other scenes I liked.

GE - Bond and Onatopp racing down the mountain, a fun carefree Bond moment, cool cars, hot girl, I smile every time I see it.

DAD - Bond walking into the Hong Kong hotel and later getting information on Zao, with tickets to Cuba from the Chinese agent and the great line from the Chinese agent, "tell him goodbye from us".

GF - The laser scene and the gold painted Jill Masterson.

TSWLM - Anya opening the closet door on the train and seeing Jaws, followed by a pretty good fight.

DN - Killing prefessor Dent and then blowing the smoke from the silencer. Also, Honey coming out of the sea.

I could go on, but that is a few of my favorites. Gosh, I love this character.
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    I also liked the scene in avtak where James Bond steals the taxi and peforms all those wild stunts

James Bond: Taxi!
    Paris Taxi Driver: No, no, no English!
    James Bond: [Pulling him from the car] Out!
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Oh, i just remembered. In FYEO when Bond is dragged behind Kristatos' yacht. Wonderfully done straight from LALD (the book). :)
  • ATrustATrust Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    The first thing that pops into my mind is Bond setting up the bed with a pillow dummy, setting the music, screwing on the silencer, and then waiting, waiting in the hilltop Carribean house for his assassin to arrive.

The opening sequence in "Goldeneye," that incredible bungy jump, literally takes the breath away! Wow!
  • REDD350ZREDD350Z Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited February 2006
    So many great scenes, but I always really liked the underwater battle in "Thunderball".
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    Great topic. I'm going to have to narrow down my list to three (okay make it five) choices:

1st: Train fight with Red Grant in FRWL (agreed)
    2nd: The entire pre-credits sequence in TLD (fine)
    3rd: Elektra sitting on top of Bond explaining how the torture chair works: when she says (just one last screw)
    4th: Mountain climbing at night in FYEO
    5th: Bond and XXX trumping each other to impress their respective bosses whilst being briefed on their mission.
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    It's kinda cheesy but:

In NSNA, in the arcade when Largo spies Bond and Domino having a drink he walks up to one of the games and on it is a giant evil-looking lizard of course symbolizing that Largo may be a charming and genteel businessman on the outside but his true nature is like the lizard.

In the movie, I was honestly won over by Largo's charm! He and Fatima Blush really had me rooting for the bad guys! Small-Fawcett was right, he is charming. I mean really, Bond couldn't beat him in Domination and Fatima (if it wasn't for her overly sadistic streak) definetly could've killed Bond. I didn't want to see any of them die really!
  • Mister BiswasMister Biswas TokyoPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    I would like to add my 2 cents also!
    I think my favorite scenes have to be these:
    1. The golf duel between Goldfinger and Bond. I was never a golf fan but this sequence made the game very exciting and easy to follow. It was also elegant and suspenseful. Just great. Goldfinger the film has all these cars and lasers and bowler hats, but in the end the film's essence is distilled in this single sequence, the battle of wits between Goldfinger and Bond. Brilliant.
    2. The scene at the wedding in OHMSS, when Bond throws the hat over to a weeping Moneypenny. I was so touched by this gesture.

I ask the question. Now all these Bond films have the villian revealing his plot via some kind of grand presentation. Think Goldfinger's rumpus room or Zorin in his blimp. What is your favorite of these villian plot scenes?