Absolutely James Bond Toolbar

SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
The new and yes free ajb007.co.uk Toolbar has just been released.

For further information and download links please visit the toolbar page:
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/toolbar/

The toolbar is an add on for your web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) and it allows instant access to Absolutely James Bond from anywhere on the web.

It's main features are:
[list=*]
[*]Today's Posts one click button[/*]
[*]The latest News Headlines[/*]
[*]The lates James Bond articles[/*]
[*]Handy ajb007.co.uk links[/*]
[/list]

It is 100% free and spyware / virus free. No money is made from the toolbar it is simply a way to maximise your enjoyment of ajb007.co.uk.

I found the ability to make it last night so I made a test toolbar and installed it in my own browser and I haven't stopped using it since!

The toolbar currently works with Internet Explorer and Firefox. I will continue to develop it so if you have any ideas for it feel free to suggest them.

The actual toolbar is hosted by a third party but they do not require any personal information or track anything that you do while using the toolbar.

There really is no reason not to have the Absolutely James Bond Toolbar.
Simon

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Thanks Si!!

That answers my question.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=24530

:)
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Darn, I suppose it won't work on Mac's safari?
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M

I doubt it, not a lot does! Having said that look out for the ajb007 widget for Mac OS X Dashboard. I bought an iMac especially to develop it ;) (Ok slight exaggeration!).
    Simon
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I like this. It helps me see who has replied to my posts. Nice going SiCo.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:

I doubt it, not a lot does! Having said that look out for the ajb007 widget for Mac OS X Dashboard. I bought an iMac especially to develop it ;) (Ok slight exaggeration!).

I'm guessing the widget is for the new version of OSX released last year. Since I don't have a dashboard or a clue as to what a widget is.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I'm guessing the widget is for the new version of OSX released last year. Since I don't have a dashboard or a clue as to what a widget is.

Yes I think so, I don't know much about OSX but it was part of the last major upgrade I believe.

A widget is basically a little app that sits over the desktop. (You run dashboard and it appears full screen over the desktop). The only problem i've got is I can't think what to put on the widget!
    Simon
  • VampiressRNVampiressRN CaliforniaPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    Thanks Si...the toolbar is wonderful. -{
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    edited January 2006
    SiCo wrote:

Ah - make it your main computer! iMacs are fantastic...
    Let me know when the widget is ready! And as you're stuck for ideas, I suggest something which displays the latest posts or topics, the things I'd mainly look for before visiting the site :)
  • Quartermaster007Quartermaster007 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Oh... Em...... Gee.

I absolutely love it!

Will be posting more often with the help of my trusty toolbar companion. ;)
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Hey, thanks Si! You've done it again! I think it's great! Course, I can't use it on the government computer, but my home computer has it!
    I'm glad you like it, if there's anything you want added let me know.

Also if you'd like the search engine to be something specific (unless the one I use is ok) then it can be basically any search engine I want... Google, Yahoo! etc so I don't mind changing it if it will make it better.
    Simon
    It owuld be helpful if there was a homepage link under the links category for ajb007.com
    I will make the change now, also note that the logo acts as a homepage link as well.
    Simon
    New Under the search menu you can now select ajb007 Search.

This will first bring you to ajb007.co.uk, but most importantly it turns the search box into an ajb search box.

This allows you to search from the toolbar but use the forum search as if you were on the page.
    Simon
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Haven't tried the search feature yet, but I was wondering...If I select the AJB Search on the toolbae, does it run the same search protocols that the search tool at the top of the AJB pages does? Or what if I'm at the AJB site and select the "Search this site" option? Just wondering which tool you feel is the most efficient and finding matches.
    That's a good question.

The ajb007 Search that I added (second option on the drop down menu) uses the ajb search page. It simply sends the right url to it to make it work.

The search this site option uses a third party service. Google in fact. I've just been fiddling with it and it provides a Google page doing a domain search.

Unfortunatley I've noticed that the site search uses the url of the page. So if you are on the home page the 'Search This Site' option works perfectly. However if you are deeper, say on the news section. It only seems to search from that url. I will bring this up with the developers and see what happens.
    Simon
    Thanks a ton for the toolbar. It is very cool.
  • ScorupcoScorupco Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Just got around to installing this.

Nice job SiCo. Thankyou very much.
    Not to sound like a turncoat or anything, but I am curious. How does one go about uninstalling the toolbar? I really don't have any intention to, but I see only a method of "hiding" the AJB portion on my Firefox browser. If I ever wanted to reset my browser, would I need to reinstall the application?
    No I don't think so, it should be listed in (Windows) Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel. Mine is anyway.

If not i'll make enquiries.
    Simon
    Ah! Yes, of course. That would make sense! Thanks for the info, Si...I will keep it in mind. :)
    Thank for the weather feature sico, it is very cool. Now I can find out weather in the toown without going in. What will you think of next???
    Just to let you all know it's been slightly updated tonight to include a chat room test.

If people could try it and let me know what you think. I don't expect many people to be in the chat but try the layout anyway.

If it works and gets approval I will advertise it here and organise a an ajb chat.

In the meantime for users of the toolbar it offers direct access to the chat and even shows you when someone else is in the room.
    Simon
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Impressed by the chat option now, especially the way that it notifies you if there's anyone in there! My only complaint is that jetsetwilly is too long to fit in as user name; and also that anyone could go in under my name. Is there any way to tie it into your login? But great new feature!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
    Impressed by the chat option now, especially the way that it notifies you if there's anyone in there! My only complaint is that jetsetwilly is too long to fit in as user name; and also that anyone could go in under my name. Is there any way to tie it into your login? But great new feature!

Unfortunatley not at all, it is a completely seperate entity to the site and nothing really to do with me. (Sorry abotu the name length, I will see if I can't make a suggestion to the developers).

I saw it as an option and thought I would try it and guage reaction. Then there's always the option to expand the chat room feature.
    Simon
    So far SiCo, I like it. However, I see Jet Set's complaint about logging in as someone else as somewhat of a problem...
  • The GITThe GIT Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi

I'm new to the ajb site and have just downloaded the ajbtoolbar. I have to say it is great and I am getting a lot of use out of it so far.

You mentioned about the search engines. Is there any way that different search engines can be added according to the user's preference (much like adding a widget)? Then, when conducting a search, the user would have the option of opening a dropdown menu and selecting the search engine of choice. I use a number of different search engines and, having seen this on other toolbars, feel it could be really useful.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Yes I think so, I don't know much about OSX but it was part of the last major upgrade I believe.

A widget is basically a little app that sits over the desktop. (You run dashboard and it appears full screen over the desktop). The only problem i've got is I can't think what to put on the widget!

I now know what a widget and dashboard is. SiCo, did you ever get to develop something for dashboard or the widget?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    Arhh I can't download it as the link doesn't work :#
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    i tried to download but got the message 'An error was encountered' anyone know whats up with this?
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.