Favorite Theme Song

Comments

• steelydan3steelydan3 Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    My favourites are TLD, closely followed by AVTAK. Two great songs from two of my favourite bands. Like the videos of the songs too.
  • Ice Station 0Ice Station 0 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    With vocals-Goldeneye
    Without vocals-OHMSS
  • Hunter HarryHunter Harry Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    A View To A Kill
    or
    The Man With The Golden Gun
    ^^^
    Great lyrics, although I cannot make out the end of the line "One golden shot means another......???"
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Great lyrics, although I cannot make out the end of the line "One golden shot means another......???"

... poor victim. :)
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Has come to a glittering end...
    Oh. She totally mumbles it.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    The lyric in TMWTGG which always gets me is "Who will he...?" Others seem to hear the word "bang" at the end of that line, but I hear the word "gun". Any thoughts?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Goldeneye
    I think gun would be more suitable, but I hear bang, which makes me laugh for obvious reasons.

"I hope it isn't me, I don't swing that way."
  • Alan_moreAlan_more UKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    The lyric in TMWTGG which always gets me is "Who will he...?" Others seem to hear the word "bang" at the end of that line, but I hear the word "gun". Any thoughts?

The written lyrics say bang, and so I hear.
  • the golden gun guythe golden gun guy USAPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    NO vocals: James Bond theme

With vocals: Die Another Day (just kidding :))) probably Live and Let Die.
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Definitely Carly Simon's "Nobody Does it Better" from TSWLM.

However, a close second would be "For Your Eyes Only" by Sheena Easton - can't get enough of it. :x
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • SabianSabian Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I think they should have used David Arnold/ kd lang - TND as the theme instead of closing credits....otherwise Licence to Kill
  • johnnyduranjohnnyduran Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello, newbie here.

I'm a DD fan in the first place, but also a JB fan.
    So you know my answer - AVTAK!
  • Bond_is_koolBond_is_kool Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    A view to a kill
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

I always thought she said 'bag', meself. Makes more sense than 'bang' anyway- that's not really a double entendre; more of a single!
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

I hear "Who will he bang?"

And the answer would be Andrea Anders. ;) :))

No, but seriously "bang" practically translates to "Who will he shoot?"

The answer also being Andrea Anders. :p
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Talk about double-entendres Tee Hee!
    Tee Hee wrote:
    I hear "Who will he bang?"

And the answer would be Andrea Anders. ;) :))

No, but seriously "bang" practically translates to "Who will he shoot?"

The answer also being Andrea Anders. :p

:)) Well, it Maud me laugh...
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent

COME ON!!!!! JOHN BARRY´S 007
    (Heard in FRWL, TB)

Die Another Day... i have a theory
    The first seconds is great...
    whent the beeping starts... well..
    when madonna sings, skip the track
    A good theme not longer than 60 seconds

try it
  • MikeyRichardsMikeyRichards Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    It's not the main theme, but I love "If You Asked Me To" from the credits of Licence to Kill. It contrasts with the hard, violent tone of the rest of the movie, but somehow it fits so well.
    Johmss wrote:

COME ON!!!!! JOHN BARRY´S 007
    (Heard in FRWL, TB)

I love that tune!!!
    It's also heard in YOLT (Little Nellie sequence), DAF (oil rig), and MR (boat chase). It has the James Bond style oozing out of every beat. My personal favourite version is that by Roland Shaw.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    the World is Not Enough
  • tdb41tdb41 Atlanta, GAPosts: 23MI6 Agent
    This is a tough question and I don't think I can identify a single favorite because they are all so good. I can identify a handful of favorites, though. They are:

The Living Daylights
    A View To A Kill
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service

And even though it's not official, I love the Never Say Never Again theme song. It might actually be my favorite.
    A HA! And you all said "Oh JFF, no one likes the NSNA theme song and there is a prime example of someone who's FAVORITE is NSNA!" There you go!

I also have a soft spot for 007, it should've been used a lot more. For some reason, I think the 007 Theme would be quite appropriate during the OP Palace Fight.
    I also have a soft spot for 007, it should've been used a lot more. For some reason, I think the 007 Theme would be quite appropriate during the OP Palace Fight.

Yes, it would have fitted perfectly, but remember that OP was being released in what they thought would be direct competition with NSNA. The Connery film could not use the important trademark Bond Theme but OP could- and did, in no uncertain manner, including during the Palace Fight.
    A HA! And you all said "Oh JFF, no one likes the NSNA theme song and there is a prime example of someone who's FAVORITE is NSNA!" There you go!

No no no, JFF, it wasn't A HA who did NSNA- that was Lani Hall. A HA did TLD. :D (A ha ha... ;%)
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    I've come to the conclusion that The Living Daylights is my favorite Bond theme. I get jacked every time I hear that song.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    Gold-fingahh!!
    its got the brass and its got the Bassey
    really its an axiom unto itself, all subsequent songs are mere attempts to replicate its vibe, even non007 songs like the main theme from Life Of Brian

but I gotta loosen my answer to include all the classic Barrys from FRWL through to DAF (I dont think he did the 1st one, which is more surfguitar and ska as opposed the definitive swaggering brass fanfares)
    strangely, once he started alternating movies with people like George Martin and Marvin Hamlisch he started to lose it, his were the weak ones...

but the return of Bassey in DAF was particularly awesome, "men are mere mortal souls who are not worth going to your grave for" actually represents Flemings vision of Tiffany Case better than the bumbling airhead we see in the film
    and then theres Thunderball: me and a friend were having a debate: is it describing 007 or Emilio Largo? "he wants more so he gives less", a portrait of the most repugnant kind of alphamale, Im sure its describing the villain...
    and then theres Thunderball: me and a friend were having a debate: is it describing 007 or Emilio Largo? "he wants more so he gives less", a portrait of the most repugnant kind of alphamale, Im sure its describing the villain...

Hello again- I seem to be answering you a lot today! It's not describing 007- the clue is in a line in the first verse "He looks at this world and wants it all". Well, that can't be James Bond, obviously- for him, the world is not enough :). However, inasmuch as the song has a meaning (and John Barry is on record as saying it doesn't), it's in the tradition of "Goldfinger" and describing the villain of the story.