Hot Fuzz With Tim Dalton

Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
Any Shaun Of The Dead or Spaced fans here ???

Simon Peggs new film Hot Fuzz will be starring a great British cast including our own Tim Dalton.

Names coming through on the hot line besides Tim are Jim Broadbent, Martin freeman, Steve Coogan, Edward Woodward and Billie Whitelaw.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/692/692937p1.html

" March 1, 2006 - Working Title Films today announced the cast for Hot Fuzz, the second feature from star Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright, creators of the highly successful Shaun of the Dead. Joining Shaun of the Dead alums Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are Martin Freeman (BBC's The Office, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), Timothy Dalton (Licence to Kill), Jim Broadbent (Moulin Rouge) and Steve Coogan (Tristram Shandy).

The movie, which Working Title confirms will begin principal photography this month, follows the foibles of London's best police officer, Nicholas Angel (Pegg), as he's reassigned by his envying superiors to furthest suburbia. There, in the village of Sandford, the action-oriented officer partners with the laidback Constable Butterman (Frost), and sees little action. That is, until citizens of the quaint village begin turning up dead.

Produced by Nira Park (Shaun of the Dead), Tim Bevan (Fargo) and Eric Fellner (Love Actually), with associate producer Natascha Wharton (My Little Eye), Hot Fuzz will be released - next year in the US, we hope - by Working Title in association with Big Talk Productions.

"We're delighted to once again be joining creative forces with Working Title on this very exciting and very British film," says producer Nira Park. "Together, we're looking forward to giving the police action genre the same treatment we gave the living dead in 2004 "

Personally, I loved Shaun Of The Dead so I have high hopes for this. :D

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,381Chief of Staff
    Never watched "Spaced" (although I've been told it's hilarious) but I loved "Shaun". The cast was spot on, the jokes superb- and the out-takes worth the price alone (especially "The Man Who Would Be Shaun" or was it "Sean"? :)) ).
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    The same goes for me. Though I haven't seen the outakes as I watched it at a mates. I'm gonna get it on DVD probably sometime though. :)
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • ant007ukant007uk Great BritainPosts: 67MI6 Agent
    Absolutely love Shaun of the Dead, very very funny film. Best bit, and I know its a bit obvious, is where they are walking to The Winchester and pretending to be Zombies :)) Did anyone see Simon and Edgars cameos in Land of the Dead??????
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Shaun of the Dead was great! Does anyone know what part Tim will play?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    On February 15th Timothy Dalton is finally returning to the big screen in Hot Fuzz. He plays the local supermarket manager, Simon Skinner.

The film is brought to us by the same guys that did 'Shaun of The Dead' and stars just about every bit of British talent there is. As well as Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Tim it also has Jim Broadbent, Bill Nighy, Edward Woodward, Steve Coogan, Martin Freeman, Paul freeman and Billie Whitelaw and a host of others.

You can see the trailers here.

http://www.workingtitlefilms.com/trailers/menu_hotfuzz.htm

There was also a 'on set' piece that was shown on Jonathan Ross' Film 20007 last week and included a short interview with Tim Dalton which can now be found on that little marvel called youtube ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-av0cSsZLaw

I think the film opens in the US to a limited release in April.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Well seeing as u r discussing 'Hot Fuzz' and 'Shaun of the dead',

although the film opens on the 15th of feb, VUE cinemas are doing and adavanced Preview on Monday 5th of feb at 8.30pm (select cinemas)

the price is 10 pounds (or 15 pounds for inner London) and you get

Movie - b4 everyone else
    Drink
    Popcorn
    Shaun of the dead on DVD
    Limited edition Poster of Hot Fuzz.

I'm sure just the DVD would be a tenner to buy.
    thanx
    edited January 2007
    I've got mine ;) ... the Vue cinema near me is also advertising a gala showing on Friday 2nd as well.

I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully Tim will be at his villainous best.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Dalton makes a great villain. He was fantastic in 'The Rocketeer.' I'm really looking forward to this.
    John Drake wrote:
    Dalton makes a great villain. He was fantastic in 'The Rocketeer.' I'm really looking forward to this.

He was at his villanious best as a slimey corrupt Sherriff Dex Drier in Made Men with Jim Belushi
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    I recently saw a trailer for this. It looks fun. I don't think it looks great but it does look it will be a pretty entertaining film. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    There's a feature on 'Hot Fuzz' in today's Sunday Times. Dalton's performance is described as 'marvellously evil.'

Here's a link if anybody wants to read the rest.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,2774-2576020,00.html
    edited February 2007
    The reviews are starting to come through and so far they all seem positive.

Here are a couple more articles and there is a pic of Tim in the second one.

http://www.timeout.com/film/news/1689.html

http://www.futuremovies.co.uk/review.asp?ID=661

I'm looking forward to seeing this tomorrow night {[]
    Went to see this last night at a gala preview and I've just put a mini review in 'Last film seen ...' so I wont rattle on but Tim Dalton is great in Hot Fuzz. Anyone who can suggest he is lacking a sense of humour or cant do comedy after this film is seriously wrong!

It is also great to see him back in an action film, and we do get to see him in action!

A welcome return to form. {[]
    seeing it this Thurs, looking fwd to TD more than the film itself !
    A7ce wrote:
    seeing it this Thurs, looking fwd to TD more than the film itself !

I dont think you will be disappointed ;)
  • cassidybondcassidybond Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    I seen this movie yesterday - it was very funny but too long for its own good but Dalton, I feel, stole the show - brilliant performance.
    Just caught this today- very funny, a worthy successor to Shaun.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Timothy Dalton was far and away the favourite of myself and the group of friends who came along with me. His part was absolutely brilliant and I enjoyed every scene in which he appeared.

Frankly, my favourite thing about the film was seeing all of these old British greats getting literally RIGHT back in the action again.

By the way, I just found out that Nick Angel's girlfriend Janine was in fact played by Cate Blanchett, albeit completely disguised as a masked forensic scientist! Fantastic! I wondered why she wasn't credited!

I've seen the film twice, and I think Blanchett's cameo will be the excuse I use for seeing it a third time. :)
    Timothy Dalton was far and away the favourite of myself and the group of friends who came along with me. His part was absolutely brilliant and I enjoyed every scene in which he appeared.

My impression was that he enjoyed it too! He seemed to be having a great time.

Frankly, my favourite thing about the film was seeing all of these old British greats getting literally RIGHT back in the action again.

I liked that aspect, too. Nice seeing Edward Woodward, etc.

By the way, I just found out that Nick Angel's girlfriend Janine was in fact played by Cate Blanchett, albeit completely disguised as a masked forensic scientist! Fantastic! I wondered why she wasn't credited!

Now that I didn't know and hadn't realised- like you, I'm going to watch it again and look out for that.
    Saw this last night. I think my expectations may have been to high. I loved 'Spaced,' and really liked 'Shaun of the Dead.' 'Hot Fuzz,' had my favourite Bond, Timothy Dalton in it, as well as Callan/The Equalizer star Edward Woodward and the always watchable Paddy Considine so I was really looking forward to this. Hate to say it, but I found it a bit of a let-down. Dalton was good, but I just didn't find the film that funny.
    edited February 2007
    John Drake wrote:
    Hate to say it, but I found it a bit of a let-down.

Thats a shame JD. It does seem to be a bit of a Marmite film.

As for the cameos, apparently Peter Jackson also pops up as the Santa who stabs Angel. I didn't see it myself so I will look out for him when I see it again. He was in the blogs , so there's a good chance he is.

This is defintely a film to see twice, even if its just to get all the cameos and film refs. There is even a little homage to LTK in there.

What is great is the universal praise Tim Dalton appears to be getting. Long overdue IMO. {[]
    Lady Rose wrote:
    John Drake wrote:
    Hate to say it, but I found it a bit of a let-down.

This is defintely a film to see twice, even if its just to get all the cameos and film refs. There is even a little homage to LTK in there.

What is great is the universal praise Tim Dalton appears to be .Long overdue IMO.

I'll see it again. Maybe I'll enjoy it more when I'm not expecting so much. And it is great to see Dalton getting great reviews. Hopefully this will lead to more high profile work for him. :007)