Where Is Maud Adams In AVTAK?

Stacey SuttonStacey Sutton Posts: 12MI6 Agent
edited March 2006 in The James Bond Films
Now, ive looked and looked, but just can't find Maud Adams in AVTAK!! Its kinda drivin me crazy!! Can anyone tell me where she is? ?:)

"She drives me crazy....wooo...i just can't sleep...."

Comments

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    She is supposedly one of the passengers on the same cable car Moore steps off of when going to Fisherman's Wharf to meet Chuck Lee.

Even Maud says she can't find herself in the shot. I think this is one of those stories that's gotten a bit mangled over time. She probably was there and they probably did film her but it's entirely possible that's not the take we're seeing in the finished film or she was actually out of the frame for that take.

I've posted this before but always love to repeat it because it's so typical of the "magic" of movie-making: The cable cars had actually been shut-down for a massive retro-fit during the filming of AVTAK. To maintain appearances, dozens of motorized cable cars--that is, basically buses with cable car bodies--were brought in. There are no actual cable cars in AVTAK and even if they were running, there is no service within blocks of Fisherman's Wharf.
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Apparently, she's not on the cable car, now she is just usually credited as being a woman on Fisherman's Wharf.

http://commanderbond.net/Public/Stories/2410-1.shtml
  • Stacey SuttonStacey Sutton Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    AHA!! I see, but is it really her?
    ?:)
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Well, she said so... :p
  • Mr Saint John SmithMr Saint John Smith UKPosts: 430MI6 Agent
    I think its her it looks alot like her and i read another report where somone said the bloke on her arm looks identical to her husband at the time or something like that
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    edited March 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    Well, she said so... :p

Well, Maud Adams did said so, but not with any great certainty. "I think you solved the mystery. It looks very much like me." I don't think you can say those words are definitive. Which still leaves room for doubt.

Another thing, I would have thought she would be able to recognise the man she is walking with. Especially, if he was her boyfriend.
    She did recognise him - i cant remember wheter it was her boyfriend or someone she knew - but i watched this thing where people were like you can see blah blah on her arm etc - its her
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    I've seen Maud Adams on the DVD!
  • ATPrescottATPrescott Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    I've seen Maud Adams on the DVD!

Oh, excellent, where? ?:) Or maybe you just thought you saw her. You know, if you're really looking for something, you might think you did find it even if you actually came next to nothing. 8-)
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    No, I saw somewhere how to spot Maud Adams. It's during when Bond and Chuck Lee are walking and talking about Mortner and Conley. I forget when though but she's holding a shopping bag and is wearing a brown jacket.
  • Iona Havelock RIPIona Havelock RIP Posts: 38MI6 Agent
    Im sure this topic gets brought up every couple of years.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Of all of the Bond mysteries that stump me. This one I actually had to see for myself and it sure looks like that is her.
  • ATPrescottATPrescott Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    Why was she in Frisco in the first place? On a holiday? ?:)
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    ATPrescott wrote:
    Why was she in Frisco in the first place? On a holiday? ?:)

She lives in California. When she heard the filming was heading to San Francisco, she decided to visit the set to see Roger.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • ESBlofeldESBlofeld Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Here is a quote from another site:
    ".... and appears as an extra on a streetcar when Bond arrives at Fisherman's wharf (she's not visible in pan and scan versions)"
    www.mjnewton.demon.co.uk

This site also lists her, even claims to have found the full scene. But unfortunately, all media links are broken. :(
    www.universalexports.net

I wonder why Mrs. Adams doesn´t precisely specify the location where the shooting took place. A streetcar should be easily distinguishable from a public crowd...
    I've already posted a link where it shows a photo of Maud along with her bf at the time walking behind Bond.

She said she belives it's her - plus she wasnt on a tram she was walking behind bond - end of.

By the way i wouldnt trust anything universelexports says - there rubbish lol - they have photos of wrong casts and give names that arent right.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I believe she can be seen walking behind Chuck Lee and Bond.