Favourite Q Invention

Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
Which of Q's gadgets appeal to you the most?

My favourites are:

*Jet pack - TB

*White Lotus Esprit with submarine capabilities and Wetbike - TSWLM

*Laser gun - MR

*Single-seat Acrostar plane and pen dispensing acid - OP

*Robotic surveillance machine - AVTAK

*Watch which emits laser beam - GE

*Black speedboat with armaments and bagpipes/machine gun/flamethrower - TWINE
"Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."

Comments

• Jimmy BondJimmy Bond Posts: 324MI6 Agent
    The pen in NSNA.

And a great line to accompany it.

"Not perfected yet?"
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    The attache case in From Russia With Love is my favorite of the lot.

The radioactive lint in On Her Majesty's Secret Service is another creation I like, as is the car issued to 007 that explodes in For Your Eyes Only.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    What? :o Nobody has mentioned the ejector seat in GF? :o

I love many of the gadgets and don't really have a favourite. If I had to choose, I would choose the ejector seat in GF. Beyond that, I also loved the jet pack in TB, the x-ray glasses in TWINE, the attache case in FRWL and the Lotus Esprit in TSWLM. But as I said, I love most of the gadgets, so these are simply a selection.

(Among gadgets which were never used but which I like was the radioactive lint in OHMSS)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Royale KingRoyale King Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    i've gotta say the jetpack, lotus, x-ray specks and of course the identigraph
  • steelydan3steelydan3 Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    I have a certain soft spot for the Identigraph myself.....but off the top of my head at this moment, I would say the Attache Case.
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    My personal favourites have to be
    (in no particular order :P )

- The Pen From GE
    - Moonraker Laser
    - Watch From GE
    - Toothpaste From LTK
    - Ejector Seat From GF

Theres lots more that i love, but not nearly enough time to write them all :007)
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,700MI6 Agent
    edited May 2006
    What about the alarm clock guranted never to wake anybody up? Not my favorite, but a nice quick explantion from Q at what it does.

I also enjoyed the pen from GE. The specs from TWINE. The magnetic watch from LALD. And the "GPS" (I don't know if it had a name) locator from GF.

The just for fun gadgets (never used by Bond). The Ghetto-Blaster from TLD. The air-bag phone booth from GE. And the couch that eats people ( the cushins flip inside the couch when someone sits down. I forget the movie, it was either a Dalton or Brosnan flick)
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I have to go with the jet pack. That was really cool and was waay ahead of its time.
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    The just for fun gadgets (never used by Bond). The Ghetto-Blaster from TLD. The air-bag phone booth from GE. And the couch that eats people ( the cushins flip inside the couch when someone sits down. I forget the movie, it was either a Dalton or Brosnan flick)

The couch was also from the Dalton film TLD.
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    Don't you think some major gadgets should return?
    I mean its ridiculous to think that you would go to all the trouble of creating a car that transforms into a submarine, and then only use it for one mission. Surely this gadget is ripe for updating and using in a movie utilising cool CGI effects for the underwater sequences. I wonder what type of car they would use?

nb. My favourite Q invention is the Espirit in
    TSWLM :D
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Little Nellie.
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    I'm with Gassyman. Little Nellie all the way.
    Any chance those can be in stores by Christmas?

And speaking of which, how about jet packs? I was told that the dad on "THE 70's Show" had a beef about the fact that he didn't have one yet: "Where's my jet-pack?!?"

You know what? He's RIGHT?

Where's my jetpack?
  • JonesJones Posts: 90MI6 Agent
    As far as gadgets that I would want due to actual use:

1. Attache Case (because if Q gave it to me, I wouldn't have to pay 3K for it)
    2. Aston Martin from GF
    3. Radioactive pill from TB, I could have actually used one of these once in the mlitary
    4. Ring that stopped slot machines in DAF, I could have used this plenty of times
    5. LIttle Nellie, because every man needs a personal helicopter.

For movie gadgets/fun:

1. Fishing boat in TWINE.
    2. "Fishing. NO hunting." Hillarious
    3. Ghetto blaster
    4. Rappel belt
    5. Alarm clock LTK
    6. Ring DAD
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Attache case
    Ejector seat
    Specs in TWINE
    Credit card lock pick
  • 00Goldeneye00Goldeneye Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    YOLT: not a Q invention, but those cigarettes that fire rockets.
    DAF: The Electro-magnetic RPM controller ring.
    TLD: The Keyring and The Ghettoblaster.
    LTK: The explosive alarm clock.
    GE: Explosive Pen.
    TWINE: The Flash-Bang Gun.
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    Favs have to be:
    Car: DB7 from TLD
    Watch: Omaga from GE
    Other: The ski pole Moore used in the begining of TSWLM and little Nellie
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    the Omega seamaster in TND's
  • alic_006alic_006 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I personly like the the electromagnet watch in LLD
  • ShawnShawn Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    I'd have personaly the Watch which emits laser beam and the Walpher PPK.
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    For efficiency and elegance I like the watch in MR (the one that fires a poisoned dart at the mere twitch of a muscle).

For the Q punch-line, the alarm clock in LTK: guaranteed never to wake anybody who uses it.
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    I just put this in another thread, but i will say it here:

The car: The Aston Martin... V8 Vantage (TLD) Don't ask, don't tell
    The Watch: Rolex Submariner from LALD... (that magnetic thing would be useful more than once.
    The gun: Walther PPK... for me that i'm short, i prefer a small gun.

But, gadgets per se...

- The Tuxedo from LTK: not only the same use that the one in TLD when sniping, but has a rappel device on it.

- The Keys from TLD: they can open 90% of the world lockers, can stunt or even being used as a deadly weapon... so what.. it has a device for finding them. now that's useful.

- The single digit sonic agitator unit from DAD: there won't be any crystal wall or door between myself and my objective.

i just forgot the credit card from TWINE, but thats nice as well.

EDIT: i just put some info that i forgot...

HOW I COULD FORGOT THE BEST GADGET EVER....
    i know isn't proper Q branch, but i love...i need the binoculas used in the opera in TLD... i'm looking for them like a crazy fan... i need them,....
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    Attache case.

Bond still has to use his wits and coercion to implement the gadget - bribing with the gold sovereigns for example.

The shock of the tear gas explosion gives Bond only a moment to pounce, and then it's back to his training and strength.

Plus it has a throwing knife, sniper rifle with infra-red scope and ammunition concealed in steel tubes.
  • bacaretbacaret ArizonaPosts: 73MI6 Agent

The radioactive lint in On Her Majesty's Secret Service is another creation I like, as is the car issued to 007 that explodes in For Your Eyes Only.

man you hit all of my favorites too but as you said there are far too many to choose form!!!!
  • bacaretbacaret ArizonaPosts: 73MI6 Agent

man you hit all of my favorites too but as you said there are far too many to choose form!!!!
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Id have to say all the gadgets in LTD, especially that couch.
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."