How to avoid fake autographs on eBay!

Thanks to gary King for providing advice on purchasing autographs on eBay. You can read the article via the link below.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/articles/007/fake-autographs/

The ever changing article is available on eBay here.
Simon

Comments

• Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent
    Thanks! I enjoyed reading that!
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Another pointer that should be obvious: If a seller claims to be, say, "John Smith" and can't form a simple sentence in English, be suspicious.

I work for an eBay affiliate and some of our customers are being scammed by "dealers" who are clearly off in some Third World nation where English is--at best--a second language. Yet those same customers will forward an eMail to me asking if I wrote it! Oy ...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    A great piece, Gary. Thanks alot.
    YNWA 97
  • wakwak007wakwak007 Apopka, Fl.Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    Thanks Gary! I found your article very informative!{[]
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Good Stuff. Main rule "if its too good too be true it usually is".
  • matt691matt691 Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    Thanks for sharing :)

However although I think the best rule or tip to follow is just don't buy from Ebay hehe
  • thematrixremixthematrixremix Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    I've stopped buying from eBay. You can't trust people on there these days.

As for autographed items, I don't purchase them. I get mine done in person, with a photo of the session to prove it's authenticy.

So far, My biggest celeb sigs have to be Pet Shop Boys (I got hundreds), Anastacia & Englebert Humperdink (I can get loads from him primarily cos he's close ;))
  • matt691matt691 Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    thats the best way for it i think

trying to get a little collection from reputable dealers and Alex but of course their costs are always quite high to get a good profit out of them.

the other good thing about in person signings i guess haha but for people no longer with us i guess it is the only way