A Choice of Weapons

JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
I've never been happy with 007's weapons. The Beretta .25, the Walther PPK, the Smith and Wesson Centenial Airweight, all underpowered,
short range weapons. The Walther P99 is an improvement, but the 9mm cartridge is overhyped
and not really much of a stopper. My personal choice for Bond would be a Glock mdl 27 chambered in .40 cal Smith and Wesson. With high velocity hollow point rounds it will produce a muzzle velocity of around 1,350 feet per second. That's a near magnum punch. It is easily concealable and the safe action system with the safety and cocking, de-cocking device in the trigger, make for a very safe reliable gun. Any other thoughts? What would you arm
007 with and why?-{

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Good enough for the Hereford Hooligans and RAF aircrew good enough for 007,the best modern pistol I have used.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg60-e.htm
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Don't forget the SBS too B-) But still a tad too bulky for covert operatives in Bonds game, but then again probably perfect for the cinematic Bond and his numerous hi round expending shoot-outs.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • IAMBONDIAMBOND Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    I would arm 007 with a gun that is pocketable, easy to reload, and good on its clip size, and the killing %
  • James F EJames F E Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    The PPK & the P99 are both good for what they are needed for. Remember, when needed the opposition will be within 25ft. 90% of the time.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Though this is a different kind of gun, always thought it would be cool if Bond used a very nice infrared sniper in the PTS of a movie...
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    0064 wrote:
    Though this is a different kind of gun, always thought it would be cool if Bond used a very nice infrared sniper in the PTS of a movie...

Been done, though not in PTS, the Walther WA2000 in TLD probably one of the most expensive rifles in the world at the time I think in the late 80s they were around £5000-6000 each not including scope.Oh and IR scopes have been long replaced by image intensifying and thermal imageing sights.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:
    0064 wrote:

Been done, though not in PTS, the Walther WA2000 in TLD probably one of the most expensive rifles in the world at the time I think in the late 80s they were around £5000-6000 each not including scope.Oh and IR scopes have been long replaced by image intensifying and thermal imageing sights.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of a GF pts where bond snipes his way in just picking guys off, and then explodes his way out of the hostile area...
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    edited March 2007
    Stylistically, I'm still carrying a torch for the PPK...I own one myself, from when Interarms in Virginia, U.S.A., held the original German patents. Mine is chambered in .380; a lot of fun to shoot---rather like "a brick through a plate glass window" B-)

You can modify the ammo to do be sufficiently destructive to human tissue, and not penetrate the fuselage of an aircraft because of a lower muzzle velocity---or a different load, to remain intact and penetrate armour if needed, etc., as required by the script. ;) Granted, the clip capacity is low compared to modern standards...but then, that's why the Bond films have editors :p

Have Bond carry the PPK in usual situations (black tie, general undercover work, etc.) and the P99 for more 'pro-active' sorties (infiltration, sabotage, etc)...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    Didn't talk about this before? Well I'm a HK Fan and the New P2000 in .40 cal would be my pick. For the price though the P99 In .40 cal would work to.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • ClassicClassic Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    Heckler und Koch P2000 Sub-Compact
    p2000sk034f2ba3fw9.th.jpg
  • IanT007IanT007 Posts: 117MI6 Agent
    Have Bond carry the PPK in usual situations (black tie, general undercover work, etc.) and the P99 for more 'pro-active' sorties (infiltration, sabotage, etc)...

I couldn't agree more!
  • a rogue AIa rogue AI Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    superguntx5.th.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    HK USP compact 9MM, works for Jack Bauer, would prolly work for Bond to
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    I read that when they changed to the P99 it only came in the 9MM version.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Since Bond's creator choose the PPK, I think they should have stuck with that. I rather liked oo7 taking on Brad Whiitaker with his Walther "pop-gun". Bond should survive his missions because of his skill and luck, not his firearm. Sadly, the original PPK is a thing of the past, no longer made in the pure form. So for now the P99 is just fine.