Blofeld's cat

Zorin13Zorin13 Great BritainPosts: 8MI6 Agent
Does Blofeld have multiple cats because he always seems to abandon it in his base before its destroyed.

Also in YOLT during the volcano battle when Blofeld shoots Osato the cat jumps out of his arms to the floor around Hans feet then the camera does a closeup of Blofeld then goes back and cat is gone and is never seen again in the film is this a mistake?

Comments

• MBE_MBE_ USAPosts: 266MI6 Agent
    We have no clear info as to uniqueness/multiplicity of the cat, just as we don't know it's name. Though DAF does imply that there is a right and wrong pussy, so he obviously has his preferences in cat companions.

As for YOLT and the dissapearing cat, the cat in reality was spooked by all the noise and made a run for it. I believe it hid in some rafters and they weren't able to cajole it down in time to resume it's scenes.

MBE
  • clumclum Santa Cruz, CAPosts: 63MI6 Agent
    Zorin13 wrote:
    Does Blofeld have multiple cats because he always seems to abandon it in his base before its destroyed.
    :)) that's hilarious! yeah, i guess Blofeld does that all the time.
    a.ss.hole!

as for the YOLT cat, you can see in the film that it gets spooked by the explosions and Blofeld's gun (DUH!!!) it spent TWO DAYS in the rafters before the owner could get it down and even though the owner had spent years training the cat it never worked on a film again :(
    poor kitty
  • MBE_MBE_ USAPosts: 266MI6 Agent
    edited August 2006
    clum wrote:
    Zorin13 wrote:
    :)) that's hilarious! yeah, i guess Blofeld does that all the time.
    a.ss.hole!

as for the YOLT cat, you can see in the film that it gets spooked by the explosions and Blofeld's gun (DUH!!!) it spent TWO DAYS in the rafters before the owner could get it down and even though the owner had spent years training the cat it never worked on a film again :(
    poor kitty

Explosions and Ninjas in a hallowed volcano could throw any professional of their game. Poor kitty indeed.

MBE
  • Walther 00Walther 00 Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    The cat looks scared in the film but I didn't know about the rafters incident, thats very funny.

Poor cat though, I wonder if it was compensated for the damage to its acting career!

Walther
  • TobiasTobias Chelmsford UKPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    i heard somewhere in a magazine that whenever an explosion was heard the cat had a accident or something in Donald Pleasence's lap.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Tobias wrote:
    The cat had an accident or something in Donald Pleasence's lap.

Rather him than me! :D :))

The story I've heard is that whenever an explosion was detonated, the cat would shoot off in fear and hide somewhere.
    I think Lewis Gilbert found it days later on a roof of the set??

Amusing story nevertheless!
  • TobiasTobias Chelmsford UKPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    in ohmss blofeld is only seen with the cat twice when sir hillary arrives and frau bunt tells blofeld he has arrived and when bond is escaping from piz gloria {:){:){:)
  • Commander_BondCommander_Bond Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Zorin13 wrote:

Well in FYEO The Cat abonded him! shortly before he was dropped down the chimney, way to get your own back!