Dexter on Showtime

NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
Did anybody else catch the first episode? It was after Weeds (which is also a great show). I LOVED this first episode, I can't wait for the next one.

Comments

• John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Did anybody else catch the first episode? It was after Weeds (which is also a great show). I LOVED this first episode, I can't wait for the next one.

The first episode of Dexter just aired in the UK on FX. One of the best opening episodes of a show I've seen. Brilliantly acted by Michael C. Hall. I hope the rest of the season is as good.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    It only gets better, my friend.

{[] Night. That's great news. The script was wonderful. I loved the cop who just swears at Dexter all the time. :)) There's a lot of dark humour in there. Yet at the same time it is utterly serious. I worried when I heard the premise, serial-killer works for the police, that it might be ridiculous or simply in bad taste. But it has the courage of its convictions. It really follows through by creating a memorable character and showing the world through his eyes. It's gripping drama. I am really looking forward to this.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,510Chief of Staff
    I don't usually watch series TV, but the trailers for Dexter piqued my interest. I enjoyed the first episode, and look forward to the rest.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    I cannot wait until Season 2 for this show. With the exception of the now "laid to rest" Sopranos, Showtime seems to outdo HBO when it comes to pay series like these.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    I agree and I think that Dexter is pure genius, I've never been so fascinated by a serial killer before!
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    New season next month! I can't wait. {[]
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -

{[] Totally agree. We're up to ep 1:5 in the UK. Gripping stuff. And the preview for next week's episode looks a cracker, with Dexter having to investigate one of his own crimes.
    That was an outstanding first season. The episode where the ITK sets up Dexter to remember the murder of his mother was shattering. And the ending of the final episode was audacious, with it's glorious flight into fantasy. I hope the second season can live up to this.