Song Needed: From Tomorrow Never Dies

BanamexDFBanamexDF Posts: 3MI6 Agent
Hi,

I've been looking for this song for a long time. I would like to know what the name of the song was in the movie "Tomorrow Never Dies" where Bond first arrives at Elliot Carvers party and drops of his 750iL BMW off to the chofer telling him not to let the car push him around. The song then ends where it shows Bond entering the party. The song in smooth and jazzy. I'd appreciate any help or the name of the song!!! {[]

Regards,
Nick

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    It's an original composition by David Arnold. There is no official release.
  • xman25xman25 Houston, TexasPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    I think I might have what BanamexDF is looking for. It doesn't have any lyrics, but it's "smooth and jazzy". It's called "It Had To Be You". Would you like to give it a try BanamexDP?

xman25
  • BanamexDFBanamexDF Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    edited October 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    It's an original composition by David Arnold. There is no official release.

So does this mean I cannot buy or download the song then? I've created a sound clip of it and posted it below. Just click on the link below and it will open up on Windows Media Player: http://fullsize.file.sc/214024/pcHKNE96/tomorrow+never+dies+song.wma

Xman, thanks for the offer. If it sounds something like the clip, I'll take you up on it.
    Well, there IS a DVD Isolated Score Track, so it's easy to get. :p
    BanamexDF, I sent you a PM with the music I think you're looking for. It's best we do this sort of thing with Private Messages. We don't want to suffer the wrath of The Cat.

xman25
    Aw, come on... I'm furry and loveable. The music department of MGM is not... ;)
    Well, if MGM were to come down on you, then you would come down on us. There is a saying "**** rolls down hill" and I'm further down the hill than you are.

xman25
  • BanamexDFBanamexDF Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Xman, got your PM. Thanks dude. B-)
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I always had a slight issue with the use of this song in TND. After hearing so many scores laced wit original 'lounge' music by John Barry, it was surprising to hear bits from an actual classic like "It Had To Be You." A small thing, but one of those moments that pulls me out of Bond's world and puts me back in my own, almost like Bond's reference to the Beatles in GF. I would have much preferred an original tune from Arnold altogether.
  • JeevanJeevan Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    Hai friends,I am new to this forum.As I am a die-hard fan of Bond flicks,I need to know this.In the Bond movie,Tomorrow never dies,when james bond goes to hamburg to visit carver's party disguising as a banker,in his new BMW car,when he arrives at the party and asks the chauffer "not to push around",a track was played as BGM and the song sounded kinda electronica,smooth and had a smooth trance feeling!!!What is the name of the song??Can anyone tell me please??The song ends right when bond enters the party hall and engages in a conversation with elliot carver.Please help me.I will be grateful if anyone can get me a direct link to the song since I dont a DVD!!!pls friends..help me out!!!:){[]:D