Pics of Dalton in Octopussy

2»

Comments

• Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    darenhat wrote:
    I had some fun in Photoshop this weekend and played a little 'What if..."

Here's some scenes from Octopussy starring Timothy Dalton as James Bond:

Good stuff Darenhat. Personally, I'd like to see some pics of Dalton in FYEO; I always thought he'd have fit well in that movie.

Couldn't agree more, Tony.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Obituaries:

Today, authorities recovered the body of a dead person (they couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman) on the ground near its computer chair. The last website he was on was a certain "AJB007" and the post fixated on was made by a Mr. Darenhat feauturing a picture of Alison Doody as Jenny Flex and Timothy Dalton as James Bond.

Authorities interviewed people on this website to understand the JennyFlexFan's fatal reaction to this photo. A Mr. Dan Same is here to comment.

"They touched AVTAK. Anyone who touches AVTAK and mixes it with Dalton were bound to cause a fatal reaction for JFF, as we both hate Dalton in his roles. I may not like AVTAK, but JFF... don't even TRY bashing that movie"

JFF is survived on this board by his "NSA" compatriots (which we have no idea why the National Security Agency would have its members posting here, but whatever) and will be forever missed. He's buried with an autographed picture of Alison Doody and his AVTAK Special Edition DVD.
    Brilliant. {[] I can testify to the truth of this. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Dan Same wrote:
    Obituaries:

Today, authorities recovered the body of a dead person (they couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman) on the ground near its computer chair. The last website he was on was a certain "AJB007" and the post fixated on was made by a Mr. Darenhat feauturing a picture of Alison Doody as Jenny Flex and Timothy Dalton as James Bond.

Authorities interviewed people on this website to understand the JennyFlexFan's fatal reaction to this photo. A Mr. Dan Same is here to comment.

"They touched AVTAK. Anyone who touches AVTAK and mixes it with Dalton were bound to cause a fatal reaction for JFF, as we both hate Dalton in his roles. I may not like AVTAK, but JFF... don't even TRY bashing that movie"

JFF is survived on this board by his "NSA" compatriots (which we have no idea why the National Security Agency would have its members posting here, but whatever) and will be forever missed. He's buried with an autographed picture of Alison Doody and his AVTAK Special Edition DVD.
    Brilliant. {[] I can testify to the truth of this. :D

How touching...a mourner :'(
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    How touching...a mourner :'(
    JFF is one of the few people on this site who shares my dislike of Dalton, so I would be very upset if something happened to him. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    Anyones dead will shock me (even if i don`t know or like) so, please: Stay alive tonight.

If you want something shocking, put Lazemby in LALD or TMWTGG, Dalton in GE... about the Bond girls, i don`t see why take a girl from one movie and put it in another, why not put a different girl in a role, say Elizabeth Hurley in GE (as the rumours)

Good work for being as simple as you put it but hard as i know.
  • Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    I had some fun in Photoshop this weekend and played a little 'What if..."

Here's some scenes from Octopussy starring Timothy Dalton as James Bond:

Flying the Acrostar
    Property of a Lady
    "I'm sure this would be ample security!"
    Chasing Orlov
    "Do you know how to fly this thing, Q?
    Raid on Monsoon Palace
    Sabotaging Kahn's plane

Fascinating work, darenhat. I'm a Dalton fan but I wouldn't want any Bond but Moore in OP. Moore was born to play Bond in OP just as surely as Dalton was born to play Bond in TLD. I wouldn't want either of my 2 favorite 1980s Bond films any other way.

Can you do a "what if" with Dalton in FYEO and GE? Now those I would like to see.
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    I may be the odd one out but I like Dalton as Bond. He was a serious *******, but wasn't Bond too.

I agree. I think he was excellent, especially in action sequences (as is evident in the TLD pre-title sequence).

Nice work Darenhat!
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg
    Thanks again, guys. More pics are in the works. Hopefully I'll have them soon! :)
  • KGB with loveKGB with love Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    It would be great to put Connery in TMWTGG with JW Pepper in that car chase. Moore in LTK.:D
    Ah so many choises..
  • Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    And if AVTAK is Daltonized, you better run FAR FAR away. ;)

Don't tempt me, JFF! I think I may enjoy seeing Dalton and Alison Doody in a shot together! :p

I'd love to see Dalton and Alison Doody together! In my alternate universe AVTAK I scribbled on these boards, she's his main girl.
  • From FinlandFrom Finland Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    yeah i would really like to see Dalton in GoldenEye pictures if you could do that :).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,356Chief of Staff
    yeah i would really like to see Dalton in GoldenEye pictures if you could do that :).

When I first saw that picture, I kept the image of Dalton in mind regretting that he had turned down the chance of starring in it. This wasn't a deliberate choice- I'd been so impressed with his interpretation of Bond that I wasn't happy with his departure from the role. Brosnan quickly fitted into the part, though, and Bond became his role almost immediately. He had been wanting to play James Bond for some time, and IMHO justifiably. I will always regret that he wasn't allowed his exit from his career-defining role under more favourable terms.
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    wow they are funny
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    darenhat,

If I can't arrange a date with Eva Green could you paste one of these up for me? ;%

"Amazing what you can do with photoshop these days."

Great work!!!!
    Thanks, guys! (sorry about the late reply, but I somehow missed that this thread got resurrected!) I had/have plans to do more of these fun little 'what-if' images, but free-time is not something I get a whole lot of.
  • MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent
    Really clever Darenhat.

If only it had been true then we would probably have had a tense thriller rather than Carry On Up The Jungle.