Another CR TV Spot

Pierce007Pierce007 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
It aired on the Cartoon Network at around two this morning and is accompanied by You Know My Name playing in the background. They show DC in various fighting sequences which intercut with what I guess I'd describe as CG card people doing the same actions. We finally see who tries to stab bond in that scene where he's wearing the leather jacket. I can't remember anymore because it was early this morning and I was falling asleep but it struck me as the best spot yet.

Not to bump this post but they're saying over at Commander Bond that the CG cards and people are actually the Title Sequence which I hadnt thought about but makes sense.

Comments

• delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    its online somewhere and is terrific...with the saint meets the spectrum 64 graphics style title sequence...a real change and a good one...after the decent but binder pastiches of the kleinman era...he might actually make his mark with these pts
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent
    The title sequence looks excellent! Quite Saul Bass-like, even!

http://www.iklipz.com/Movies.aspx?MovieID=d0d7a7e9-27a8-4687-ae4f-d14f435692e6&PlayMovie=false
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    got to admit it's cut well and I like the Card characters, especially the bit where he gets slashed whilst jumping back to avoid it
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Really nice. Much better than the one with the funky voice-over.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Well, just because someone says the card-people are from the title sequence doesn't make it so. I guess we'll know for sure in two weeks. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    I wish those are the main titles. Beautiful. Mixing the card game and violence. Distinctive. Unique. Eye catching.60s.A departure from the CGI in all possible fields. Brilliant.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    It looks superb! It looks like CR gets a distinctive look while still being bondian.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    benskelly wrote:
    Hate to be negative, but I don't like it at all. It's very cartoonish and primitive compared with the slick photo-realistic work of Kleinman in the past. I'm just not into the retro vibe, and I don't think it fits with such a hardcore rock song. I hope this is a one-time-only style. It looks like the opening to "I, Spy" for those Americans old enough to remember.

Great titles, too, for a great show!!! (assuming you're talking about the TV show. When I saw the trailer for the film, my heart sank. Never saw the movie)
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Well, just because someone says the card-people are from the title sequence doesn't make it so. I guess we'll know for sure in two weeks. . .

I'm not sure what else they'd be from- they're terribly well-made and feature shots of Craig. I can't imagine they're from anything but the title sequence.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,625Chief of Staff
    I, too, hope these are bits from the title sequence - it looks fantastic !!
    I really can't wait for this film now :#
    YNWA 97
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    I hope someone 'YouTubes' this one, as this clip plays for crap on my computer... X-( Still, from what I can make out, the look is pretty cool...but actually putting bits of the title sequence into a TV spot would be a first, wouldn't it?
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    emtiem wrote:
    I'm not sure what else they'd be from- they're terribly well-made and feature shots of Craig. I can't imagine they're from anything but the title sequence.

But previous Bond trailers and TV spots have had some nifty special effects--remember the car shooting out of the gun barrel in the DAD trailer? That's alls I'm sayin'.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I've struggled through the crappy playback of it again...and I really like it---very colourful, retro and...dare I say it: COOL B-) I rather hope these are from the actual titles, as MI6 is asserting.

One problem, though---no naked dancing women in silhouette?? Blasphemy! Blasphemy, I say!!
    Hardyboy wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

But previous Bond trailers and TV spots have had some nifty special effects--remember the car shooting out of the gun barrel in the DAD trailer? That's alls I'm sayin'.

Not quite as nifty, though. And this is only a TV spot- not a cinematic teaser; I'm not sure you'd put together something quite as full of effort for one Tv ad. PLus yu have the review that said the titles use the patterns from the back of playing cards...and, it all adds up.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    I am indifferent, not sure I like the retro look, has a cheap look about it. But, the associated clips are much better than the clips put together for the title song video.
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    The title sequence looks great! Very retro. I'm dissapointed that there won't be any dancing silhouttes of women though!
    Just for the record, whether the images are from the actual title sequence or not, I do think they're pretty cool. However, I also think the characters are a touch reminiscent of some other silhouetted figures we've seen recently. . .

Then again, both the iPod and CR are Sony products.  Can this be a coincidence?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

Then again, both the iPod and CR are Sony products. Can this be a coincidence?

Coincidence or no coincidence, I´m not really bothered as long as the titles work for the movie, and IMO they do work. Just saw the ad again, and the song together with the titles suggest the harder edge perfectly.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I, too, hope these are bits from the title sequence - it looks fantastic !!
    From an early review I read this morning, it mentions "gone is the traditional cavorting girls in the titles sequence, replaced by playing cards used as lethal weapons". So I guess that's the titles sequence!

I hope the sound effects stay for the title sequence, it does seem to go well with the theme.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Just for the record, whether the images are from the actual title sequence or not, I do think they're pretty cool. However, I also think the characters are a touch reminiscent of some other silhouetted figures we've seen recently. . .

Then again, both the iPod and CR are Sony products.  Can this be a coincidence?

:o

The iPod is an Apple product! They and sony get on about as well as Bond and Le Chiffre :p
    :o

The iPod is an Apple product! They and sony get on about as well as Bond and Le Chiffre :p

Shows what I know. :s Anyway, I hope everyone picked up on the fact my tongue was firmly in cheek when I posted that!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Worth considering that these titles, much more technicolour than any we've seen recently, come directly after a long black and white sequence- it'll be like going to Oz! :D
    emtiem wrote:
    Worth considering that these titles, much more technicolour than any we've seen recently, come directly after a long black and white sequence- it'll be like going to Oz! :D

Great point, that...