Juliet Lewis Wants to Be a Bond Girl

2»

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    Bondy wrote:
    Yep, brilliant Dan, and at the same time they should have a white guy play John Shaft and we'll just forget about Ian Fleming.
    Perhaps before you criticise other people, you can try reading their posts. :# I said 'should Bond become black (not that I want that to happen but I'm speaking hypothetically)' meaning that were Bond to become black, I would say yes to Diddy. I never said I wanted Bond to become black. 8-)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    edited November 2006
    Gassy Man wrote:
    You may be. With his jelly bean head, vacant stare, gaping maw, unchiseled chin/cheekbones, and mediocre talent, he's even further away from the Bond image than supposedly Daniel Craig is.
    Well, again, this is only if Bond were to be black. However I actually think that Diddy is more talented and closer to the Bond image (assuming that Bond were to be black) than Craig is (to the current white Bond.)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,728MI6 Agent
    You think Diddy is more talented than Craig? I presume you mean at acting- what have you seen him act in?
    edited November 2006
    emtiem wrote:
    You think Diddy is more talented than Craig? I presume you mean at acting- what have you seen him act in?
    I saw him in Monster's Ball. It is just one performance, so it is undoubtfully unfair to compare him to Craig (whom I have seen in more than one film), but I was extremely impressed by his performance. I also think that Diddy is a very talented musical artist (I must be the only one here ;)) who carries himself really well.

I don't want him to be Bond, as I certainly don't want a black Bond, but I guess I couldn't understand all the horror at the thought of his being cast. It's one thing to say that he's black, but by the way some people talk, Diddy has completely destroyed music. I was probably being a little tongue in cheek (I should have inserted a smiley) as I can't really compare the two men's acting style (although Diddy's performance in MB did really impress me) but if Bond were black, bring on Diddy! :D
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    Dan Same wrote:
    I saw him in Monster's Ball. It is just one performance, so it is undoubtfully unfair to compare him to Craig (whom I have seen in more than one film), but I was extremely impressed by his performance. I also think that Diddy is a very talented musical artist (I must be the only one here ;)) who carries himself really well.

You must be.

P.Diddy has done more to ruin the hip-hop genre than 50 other people combined. If you want talented rap artists, look at Public Enemy, Wu Tang Clan, or Dr. Dre. They perform REAL rap.

I will say this for P.Diddy: he knows how to make money. That is his talent. Artistic expression isn't.

As for whether or not he could pull off a black Bond... no. Bond is not a no-talent, sell-out corporate ***** who ruins entire music genres. If Bond was to become black (which he should NEVER be), the only actor I would even consider would be Denzel Washington.

As for Juliette Lewis... I actually think she's kind of cute.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent

{[] Bless you, Klaus.

Oh, to hell with the beer, make that a -{
    You must be.

P.Diddy has done more to ruin the hip-hop genre than 50 other people combined. If you want talented rap artists, look at Public Enemy, Wu Tang Clan, or Dr. Dre. They perform REAL rap.

I will say this for P.Diddy: he knows how to make money. That is his talent. Artistic expression isn't.

As for whether or not he could pull off a black Bond... no. Bond is not a no-talent, sell-out corporate ***** who ruins entire music genres. If Bond was to become black (which he should NEVER be), the only actor I would even consider would be Denzel Washington.

Well forgive me if I stand by what I said. 8-) I happen to think Diddy is talented and if Bond were to be black (I never said I wanted him to be) I would be perfectly happy with Diddy. I would not want Denzel Washington at all as I think he's completely wrong for Bond. (Great actor, but not Bond.)
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    To me, an induction into the Eon family just isn't something to be smarmy or cute about. How would the world like it if Gary Coleman said he had a shot at replacing Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter? Something like that really fries my eggs. I suppose I can ease off on my disdain over Lewis, but I'm still skeptical over anyone who just declares themselves a lock for a role.