Pics from Sweden

MI6 has some pics of the principal CR cast in Sweden:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/media/gallery/index.php3?subdir=cr_sweden_pr/

I'm struck by how with a little more hair, coiffed in a mid-1960s style, Craig has more of a "classic" Bond appearance. Back up to the MI6 main page and there's a black and white photo of Craig at the link that is even moreso.

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Great shots, Gassy; thanks. Very Bondian indeed.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,728MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    Even moreso in the ones from the MTV awards:

craigPA_250x350.jpg

I hope his hairdo is a bit more like that in the next Bond film. He's even got a knitted tie and the comma of hair over the eye! How Fleming do you want? ;)
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Great shots, Gassy; thanks. Very Bondian indeed.
    You bet, Loeff.
    emtiem wrote:
    Even moreso in the ones from the MTV awards:

craigPA_250x350.jpg

I hope his hairdo is a bit more like that in the next Bond film. He's even got a knitted tie and the comma of hair over the eye! How Fleming do you want? ;)
    I agree. And, perhaps, this time they will dye his hair a little darker?
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    His hair needs to be that length. That's the perfect Bond look for him.

I really don't mind the haircut in CR. It's spikey, but in a classy type of way. The shot at the end of the third tv spot is the best one of him yet.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Brozzer's hairstyle evolved in subtle ways over the course of his tenure, so there's always hope :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Brozzer's hairstyle evolved in subtle ways over the course of his tenure, so there's always hope :)

It did -- I forget the order of the pictures, but I thought he looked best in TWINE. I think it was kind of brushed back and he put some weight on. Looked good.

I can't really explain the very short, kind of spiky, CR haircut except that the style seems to be popular among young guys today. It looks fine, I think, but I like the look here better. There's nothing wrong with Bond wearing contemporary styles, but I'm not sure that Connery with a Beatle cut would have looked right.
    Gassy Man wrote:
    And, perhaps, this time they will dye his hair a little darker?

Do you think? I can honestly say it makes no difference to me whatsoever, but if there is a public outcry then I suppose they should do something. It's like Superman's outfit in Superman Returns- I think there's been enough said after the movie came out aout how much people didn't like it so it needs changing for the next, and I think they will do that.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

And check out the grin in this one:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/72356287.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_emea&s=1

He needs to break that out once and a while for those who think he can't smile
    emtiem wrote:
    Gassy Man wrote:
    And, perhaps, this time they will dye his hair a little darker?

Do you think? I can honestly say it makes no difference to me whatsoever, but if there is a public outcry then I suppose they should do something. It's like Superman's outfit in Superman Returns- I think there's been enough said after the movie came out aout how much people didn't like it so it needs changing for the next, and I think they will do that.
    I wouldn't mind seeing it go a shade or two darker -- at least brown. Among caucasians, blond is associated with "youth," so I could see his hair being blonder in this film to suggest a younger man. But as he grows into the role, then darkening his hair might make him seem a bit older and more established -- and closer to the guy we'd come to know these 40 years.

I do think that with the proper darker hair and eyebrows, Craig will look more devastatingly handsome. He bucks the current trend toward, as one of the reviews referred to a former Bond, bland catalogue models as the epitome of handsome, and that works to his advantage. As he ages, he'll get better looking, as opposed to looking like a man desperately trying to hold onto his fading looks. The darker hair will add to the effect.
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    He looks particulary Bondian in that three piece grey suit. Reminds me of the one in Goldfinger.