censored!

Heard a rumour yesterday that CR has been heavily censored the UK, specifically the 'torture' scene. Apparently this was reported extensively the press last week, though I am yet to see it. Anybody else heard something like this, got any information?

Comments

• mrwoodpigeonmrwoodpigeon Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Haven't heard anything about it being censored rather than how graphic (and painful to watch) it is. Hope it's all there :o
  • sampile2005sampile2005 Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    You're right.. It has been censored a lot in this stupid country just to make it a 12A!!!!X-( I think what they should do is bring out two versions... the 12A version for those who want to see it as a a family and a 15 version for those who want to watch a proper film... still, just have to wait for the DVD I guess
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,952MI6 Agent
    its discussed in another thread
    they had to reedit the torture scene

maybe they did it World Police style,
    showed the censors the most disgusting torture sene ever,
    then compromised by using the scene theyd really meant to all along
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    i just don´t get why the moie has been slightly edited just to assure that the movie will be apt to 12 years ol kids, i mean, it will have some violent scenes, some kills (shoots, stabs, god knows if some kind of animal violence) a plane will (or try) to blow up after 9/11... i just dot get it, why this movie to 12 year old boys?

Yes, i always say to my nephews "look, this is James Bond" but i never show that strong scenes, just the incredible ones, like: in DAD, the chase, the explotions, the bloddy invisible car, but i´m pretty sure that i won´t show the Bond-jinx scene in Cuba.

probably the exact moment when
    his thunderball get shaken and stirred
    won`t appear (sadly) but i bet that they will show him buttnaked in the chair... why? and the 12 years kids will ask the same...its just silly to have that censored and not the rest of the movie.

to answer Eye Of The Tiger question: by the same reason people likes to see tortures, or horror movies: to see somebody else suffer
  • mrwoodpigeonmrwoodpigeon Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Here's aquestion. And I promise you I would still ask the same question no matter who is playing Bond, or how good I thought the film might be!

Why would any man want to see a brutal sceen where a guy gets his genitals beatin? I can tellyou that that is one scene that I will not want to watch more than maybe once, and I would have prefered that they had not had the scene in the film!

I’ve read CR twice, and it’s more graphic to me what your imagination pictures rather than up on the big screen.

Example: e scene in Reservoir Dogs where the poor old policeman gets his ear chopped off - You don’t see that, yet how many here put there hands over their eyes (I admit I do!)?

It's the fact that Bond comes back from this beating that makes him the character he is. I hope they show his vulnerable side after this beating, displayed in the book so well.
  • crawfordbooncrawfordboon Posts: 126MI6 Agent
    Quoting: Eye Of The Tiger
    "Here's aquestion. And I promise you I would still ask the same question no matter who is playing Bond, or how good I thought the film might be!

Why would any man want to see a brutal sceen where a guy gets his genitals beatin? I can tellyou that that is one scene that I will not want to watch more than maybe once, and I would have prefered that they had not had the scene in the film!"

It's not that I desperately want to see someone have their balls beaten - it's just that I reckon that as an adult, I can make that decision myself. I want to see the filmmaker's final cut - I want to see their vision for the film. I couldn't care less about the possibly divergent views of the censor.
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    I just hope they just put it back into the DVD, thats all.