Crane Fight Clip

Comments

• Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    HOLY CRAP! I've been waiting for an action sequence like this in a Bond film for years! There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't have bought it with some of the past Bonds in that moment. The bit with the pistol is priceless.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    That pistol thing is HILARIOUS. So cool, I'm so excited about this.

For DAD they showed us the entire five minute swordfight prior to the film's release, I hope they show something just as long in the future.
  • sampile2005sampile2005 Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    Could this also be the first mistake spotted??? About 1/3 of the way into this clip you see the black man jump from the top of the crane about 2 metres downwards to the bottom part of the crane's arm... Bond then follows and as he lands you see the back of his shirt lift and this trousers press inwards... could that be a harness or rope they didn't edit out...?
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Could this also be the first mistake spotted??? About 1/3 of the way into this clip you see the black man jump from the top of the crane about 2 metres downwards to the bottom part of the crane's arm... Bond then follows and as he lands you see the back of his shirt lift and this trousers press inwards... could that be a harness or rope they didn't edit out...?

Sampile2005: I looked at it again, and I'm not sure what you mean but I'm begging you -- and I hope you won't think I'm being rude -- but if your reference to the "first mistake spotted" means you'll be scouring each frame of the film for more, can we put a "spoiler" tag on your discoveries or create another thread for that kind of thing? I really don't want to see the wires, miniatures and other things that allow these types of movies to be made. Thanks.

Having said that: Fantastic sequence!!!!
  • sampile2005sampile2005 Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:

Sampile2005: I looked at it again, and I'm not sure what you mean but I'm begging you -- and I hope you won't think I'm being rude -- but if your reference to the "first mistake spotted" means you'll be scouring each frame of the film for more, can we put a "spoiler" tag on your discoveries or create another thread for that kind of thing? I really don't want to see the wires, miniatures and other things that allow these types of movies to be made. Thanks.

yea, no worries mate!! I'm not one of those people who studies every frame, it's just for some reason something I noticed... ;)
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:

yea, no worries mate!! I'm not one of those people who studies every frame, it's just for some reason something I noticed... ;)

{[] Thanks; I appreciate it. I still obsess over that screwup in Goldfinger, when Bond ..... Oh, never mind ...
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    That was so fantastic! I agree,the pistol bit is so....Connery. The guy is dangerous! I couldn´t
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    That was so fantastic! I agree,the pistol bit is so....Connery. The guy is dangerous! I couldn´t believe Pierce was dangerous even when he killed someone, and yet Craig throws a pistol and I buy it.
    I cannot help but think that all of us who didn´t believe in him at first actually helped him getting it right. That anger in him has to be once in a lifetime; the "I´ll show you" mood.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Great clip. Makes me wonder what the whole sequence looks like. Is it the 17th yet?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope