3 new TV spots

2»

Comments

• JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    And what about us over on the other side of the pond? :( Are we chopped liver? Where is our schedule of fine CR-inspired hoopla??? :'(
    I only recently noticed the countdown clock was set for the British opening. So instead of 8 days and counting, I have to deal with the crushing reality that it's an extra day here. :#
    You are complaining about a day, something less than 24 hours... High, don't take it the wrong way, but you really got the nerves to say a day?... South here, over the same pond is a month... a month, and no specials whatsoever... maybe if i`m lucky, there might be chances to see the trailer (which i already seen hundreds of times) I can`t wait a month, seriously.

How i envy you... but no hard feelings, go, enjoy but don`t give me spoilers
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Johmss wrote:
    highhopes wrote:
    And what about us over on the other side of the pond? :( Are we chopped liver? Where is our schedule of fine CR-inspired hoopla??? :'(
    I only recently noticed the countdown clock was set for the British opening. So instead of 8 days and counting, I have to deal with the crushing reality that it's an extra day here. :#
    You are complaining about a day, something less than 24 hours... High, don't take it the wrong way, but you really got the nerves to say a day?... South here, over the same pond is a month... a month, and no specials whatsoever... maybe if i`m lucky, there might be chances to see the trailer (which i already seen hundreds of times) I can`t wait a month, seriously.

Well, I guess when you put it in context, Johmss, one more day isn't so bad. You'd think that in a world that can be traveled in a few hours, they could open movie at the same time all over. I'm sorry you have to wait a whole month. That seems unnecessarily harsh.:#
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    'Becoming Bond'- excellent; loads of new clips, surprising amount of candid stuff. we see the new gunbarrel (not the old one); we hear the film version of YKMN (not one we've heard before); we see the Aston crash going wrong.. and lots more besides. And Craig is a damned good laugh in it.

Agreed, emtiem. The only slight disappointment was that we didn't get to see any juicy bits from the screentests. The promo of 'Becoming Bond' hinted that we might. All we saw was one scene involving a female who I couldn't make out, and there was another scene with a distant shot involving a fight which may or may not have involved Daniel Craig. The more I see of Craig, the more I like him. I didn't think much of his beard though.

For those of you who missed it, 'Becoming Bond' is scheduled to be repeated this Sunday evening at 8.25pm on ITV4.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,728MI6 Agent
    Yes- shame no screentest. Have we ever seen the screentest of a successful Bond? Perhaps they don't like us to see the embryonic versions of their leading actors' performances.

I did enjoy Craig's gags about having a rough night and that the swimming trunk scene is a tiny one in the movie 'well, not that tiny'! :) So much for being utterly incapable in interviews <yawn>.

I think the beard was for His Dark Materials.