Craig may be my favorite...

jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
Now, before you flame me... No, I haven't seen his performance yet, but judging by everything I've seen, it's going to be amazing.

And before you flame me for that... I'm not comparing him to Connery or Dalton here. I think he's my favorite simply because of how decent of a guy he's been during this whole sh!tstorm, only to come out on the other side blowing people away. I actually feel like I know the guy.

Here's a nice little interview from The Today Show:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/

Scroll down to 'Daniel Craig on being the new James Bond'

Comments

• JimmyJimmy Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    Now, before you flame

I saw that interview, I love the clip they showed of Bond in the hotel room. These are the type of natural scenes they should have shown in the trailer, the few times we hear Bond talk in the trailer, it feels too stilted.
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    Eva Green is suppose to be on the Today show tomorrow morning.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Now, before you flame me... No, I haven't seen his performance yet, but judging by everything I've seen, it's going to be amazing.

And before you flame me for that... I'm not comparing him to Connery or Dalton here. I think he's my favorite simply because of how decent of a guy he's been during this whole sh!tstorm, only to come out on the other side blowing people away. I actually feel like I know the guy.

I think you probably feel as I and many others do: it's nice to see the underdog come out on top. That's why I'm especially pleased with Craig. It must have been absolute hell for a journeyman actor not entirely familiar with the spotlight to step into that buzzsaw of criticism -- make that hatred -- and not being able to do a damn thing about it, except believe that you can deliver the goods. And he seems to have done it, apparently on his own terms.
    There's a nice appreciation on MI6 called "Bond in the Post 9-11 World" that concludes Craig is the perfect Bond for these times. I still have to see the movie, but I wouldn't be surprised. What I've seen of Craig so far, I really like.
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Jimmy wrote:
    I love the clip they showed of Bond in the hotel room.

I thought that was brilliant.
    Jimmy wrote:

I try the link above to the Today Show and is says it's unavailable. Any idea where else i might find it?
  • JimmyJimmy Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    Jimmy wrote:

I try the link above to the Today Show and is says it's unavailable. Any idea where else i might find it?

I wonder if maybe the clip just got pulled. Because I was watching it a few minutes ago, hit play one last time, and I got the same error message you did.
    Jimmy wrote:
    highhopes wrote:

I wonder if maybe the clip just got pulled. Because I was watching it a few minutes ago, hit play one last time, and I got the same error message you did.

I'm wondering if it isn't just busy with traffic? I don't know why they would have pulled it. I'll keep on checking periodically.
  • Johnny DangerJohnny Danger Savannah, GA USAPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    I just watched it on iKlipz (8:30 pm est). I was also late for work watching it on television this morning. Craig definitely looks like Bond in the suit, and he seems a lot more relaxed and confident now than he did in earlier interviews when filming was in the early stages. I think he knows he did a good job.

Love the scene where the bad guy throws the empty pistol at Bond, who catches it and throws it back at him!
  • Johnny DangerJohnny Danger Savannah, GA USAPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    O0ps, I didn't mean iKlipz. I was watching the TV trailers there, but I just saw the Today show clip in msnbc.msn.com
    I just watched it on iKlipz (8:30 pm est). I was also late for work watching it on television this morning. Craig definitely looks like Bond in the suit, and he seems a lot more relaxed and confident now than he did in earlier interviews when filming was in the early stages. I think he knows he did a good job.

Love the scene where the bad guy throws the empty pistol at Bond, who catches it and throws it back at him!

The film of the interview appears to be back up.

{[] Craig looks terrific in suit and tie, relaxed, and confident. In other words, very Bondish. And I think you're right, JD -- he has to feel he kept his promise and "got it right" and that has to do wonders for someone's confidence.

And I love that hotel room scene, the way Vesper turns the tables on Bond. It's lighthearted, works in the context of a slightly raw 007 and REAL (hell -- anyone who's ever had a girlfriend knows the first thing they do is dress you). Terrific bit of business.
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Nice interview. You can tell Craig is now confident that he will be a hit. I'm extatic about the fantastic reviews he's been getting.

I'm pretty sure that after I see CR, Craig will also become my favorite Bond.
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    I was off from work yesterday and hoping all of you got to see this. The hotel room scene was pure Fleming and brilliantly done. Green and Craig have some real chemistry. Don't want to get ahead of myself either, but I really think this film is going to be my favorite.

I also loved the scene of him throwing the pistol back at Foucan! He's seems like a great guy, can't wait for Letterman on Fri! Man, can he throw a punch...
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=R4jF1doqS6A
    Here's a clip that shows some great footage. Spoiler warning.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QbDfr5VBWLc
    And there's the Today Show interview.